Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Southpaw Regional Wrestling - SRW - Funny Oldscool Show!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Southpaw Regional Wrestling - SRW - Funny Oldscool Show!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:17 am

So here is something that I absolutely loved back in 2017 (5 years ago this year!) and it was a YT show that was on the WWE Network for a short while. It was basically a parody of classic/vintage old school wrestling of the south such as NWA, SMW, WCCW, Mid South among others in the 80s when wrestling WAS wrestling! This IMO was done rather well and I must says it's actually one of the most cleverly done skits WWF/WWE has ever done throughout its existence :shock: They were in the proning process even then of losing their logic then but it wasn't as severe as it is today :x I'm not a huge comedy guy (though comedy in the 80s, 90s & early 2000s rocked - today's stuff is in poor taste & forced IMO) but this was hilarious and I knew everybody that was in it and I thought that all were good especially Fandango, Breeze, The Club/Good Brothers, Ziggler, Jericho, and Rene Young and even Cena.

I made a special custom movie of it not to long after all of them had just been released as I just loved it. Each video is only a number of minutes long and too short to My liking. It only lasted 2 seasons but in 2020 there was a teaser for a third season but that was in February of that said year and there has been nothing about since :x I loved the the VHS quality elements, old time situations, atmosphere and the build for Nattie's character!

OK, here is the cast . I put this together back then as aforementioned I had made a special project for Myself of SRW so here is everyone in the series and compared to their actual wrestling-selves back then ;)

Now here is the series in its official video form from YT. Oh man I love the intro & music in it! This is one heck of a funny show :lol:

SEASON 1

SEASON 2

SEASON 3:Like I said, this was posted in February 2020, nothing has been done since I hope there was just a long delay :) Then again, without "really" thinking, WWE fired & released most of the cast since the horrible Black Wednesday debacle back in mid 2020 and others had already left the company and ridiculously even more within 2021 and this year as well so I believe this great series is gonna be stuck in limbo for the time being which is such a pathetic shame :roll:

So there it is, if you haven't already, watch all of them it order as I had posted them. Wow I love that build-up of Lethal Leap Year, it was very reminiscent of how PPVs were built upon back in the day. That's all , I hope you enjoyed this :scbat:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Southpaw Regional Wrestling - SRW - Funny Oldscool Show!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:19 pm

Those were amusing. Impact did something similar for one episode I thought was fun (actually probably better than their regular product at the time).

I wish Tessa would show up in AEW.

Here's the whole thing if you never saw it.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Southpaw Regional Wrestling - SRW - Funny Oldscool Show!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:19 am

Thanks PB. No, I was unaware of that, After TNA left Destination America and I switched providers and I couldn't watch them anymore and just didn't keep up with their YT like I should have. That is really cool, thanks for bringing that to My attention :D

Yeah, you'd think Tully would have made it possible for her in AEW but I guess it can't work out with all those those probs of Tessa :? :roll: WWE wanted her for a while but all that backstage happen so there's that too :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT