Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:39 pm

Yeah, saw that live. That's twice AA's taken a fall in recent months.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:05 pm

Shame, he's gotta be careful :roll:

Just saw the debut of Hook. I must say he looks nothing like his daddy but I am very impressed with him. IMO he looks like a real life version of Adon from Street Fighter :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:29 pm

It's crazy to think that in about six months AEW signed some of the most fan favorite WWE talents of the last decade in Malakai Black, CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, and now a reunited Undisputed Era. And I'm sure the countdown is on for the Hardy Boys reunion. What a time to be alive.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:39 pm

Yep it is, it's 1996 all over again :shock: Just finished the 2 Darks so haven't watched Dynamite yet, I just got this e-mail from AEW, I couldn't believe it :o So that's why that happen with Von Wagner :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:25 pm

I cannot believe how over Hook is. The first time he came out I saw the goofy hair, and he wasn't very big, and didn't think much of him, but now after two matches, dude is over. I guess he even overtook CM Punk in sales at prowrestlingtees, which is crazy. I know Taz was over big time and never got the WWE run he deserved, so people can live vicariously through Hook. The sky seems to be the limit, it wouldn't surprise me if he took the belt off Cody in a couple months. Between him and Starks, even Hobbs really, not sure how long they can keep Team Taz as a heel stable. A face stable of just absolute destroyers with Hook and Hobbs in the ring and Starks on the mic could be magic. The future is bright.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:53 pm

Indeed OB, it is crazy how ever his an dI agree with all what you said. Like I said before, Hook looks like a real life version of Adon from SF, not sure if anybody thinks so but that's what I think :scmm:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:50 pm

I'm not overly familiar with Street Fighter so I had to look that up, but, yes, he does. The shorts make more sense now, lol.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:33 pm

Man, they just mentioned on TV that there was going to be Taz demo of Hook's Redrum on Friday and it might've been the third or fourth largest pop of the night (behind at least Punk and Cole)
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:40 pm

That trios match with Sting, Allin & Punk was great, all of that face-paint. Yeah, Crockett used to be so big in the old NWA days with his family. Man, I thought you'd be familiar with Street Fighter. It just not the shorts but the hair too plus the taped hands! Yeah, he gets big pops already but hopefully it won't be the same old predicative stuff where newcomer that is sssssooo over with the crowd loses to super egotistical opponent and loses steam really fast. All of the guys that Sammy fought that deserved that title like Fish, especially Nese and Lethal and they lose then he fights Cody and he wins...wow what a surprise. How many times does this gonna happen? It's gettin' as bad a the Cena days and in fact with the booing and him not wanting to turn heel is really reminding Me of those days and history looks like its gonna repeat itself again which I'm afraid is happening as I speak. I hope I'm wrong and Hook is actually gonna be that one cool guy that everybody likes that actually goes sky high like he should and doesn't fall into that bury trap cause I'm really tired of that.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:09 pm

Dynamite has been okay the last few weeks. Some of it has been good, but a lot of it feels like treading water. I hope it's because they're holding back until the move to TBS, but I also fear that it might be setting a bit. I fear the roster might be getting too big for many to get on TV enough to be difference makers.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to AEW