Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling: WWF vs. WCW - Monday Night War 96 - 2001!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Wrestling: WWF vs. WCW - Monday Night War 96 - 2001!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:31 am

So this is the infamous Monday Night War (96 - 01). I miss this era a lot but I for a long time felt when the NWO was formed pro wrestling died. I put together all of the pics as a quick reference. Let's talk classic wrestling and share your thoughts & memories

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Wrestling: WWF vs. WCW - Monday Night War 96 - 2001!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 24, 2021 6:35 am

Well, earlier, I made a rant on the current Current wrestling topic of the Fallout of Wrestlemania Backlash & Bobby Lashley's women so if you want to go check that out. I just wanted to show one of the countless things that made the Attitude era what it was. The Godfather's HOES was a very exciting and sometimes funny segment whenever he'd wrestle on Raw, Smackdown among other shows from 98 to around 2000. This was an era that I miss so much and IMO it is just such a shame that it ended and things had to change. OK, I took some of pics, look at the women, you don't see women like these anymore... I loved the women of the 90s and early 2000s :o :!: :!:

I loved it every time and laughed whenever they would actually get involved a match :o :lol:

Well, that is all. Last Monday's Raw just excited Me the way it opened but that excitement was over rather quickly and I just got mad because it was just another time when the WWE had somethin' good goin' and just couldn't pull the trigger.

I maybe posting more great stuff in this topic as well as My other wrestling topics so, till then I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:37 am

I actually went to a work related Halloween bowling party back then as the Godfather and my wife (gf at the time) and two coworkers (guys) went as my Hos. Not many people got the reference, but we made for a hell of a foursome.

Not sure anything will ever recapture that era. TV stations and internet sites have spread entertainment out so thing that getting those kind of ratings again seem nearly impossible. Getting old sucks, but like the BUffalo Bills SuperBowl run, I'm gratefull I was old enough to see this era live.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:43 am

Wow Packer, sounds like you, your GF/Wife and friends had a ball :lol: Seriously that is just awesome, too bad people didn't get it :roll:

Yeah, I have complained about it time and time again here on the forum and I constantly complain about it in My household as well. IMO, there isn't anything that can that can recapture that era. WWE has tried and tried and every time it seems like they have something going right they drop the ball, really hard & far and I mean every single darn time. I mean CM Punk tried it, WWE wouldn't have it. There is so much during the 2010s that just failed. I mean everybody was bragging when Lashley and Strowman exploded the arena that the attitude era is back and its here to stay then next week its back to PG stuff. I mean look at Lashley and his ladies that I posted earlier, imagine what they could have done with that but no, it had to be the way it was and I say was cause now its over, I believe they written off those women since WWE is going back to the road. I loved how TNA Impact was more hardcore during the late 2000s & earlier in the 2010s. IMO it was the closest we ever got to the Attitude era.

Let's face it, just not in wrestling & WWE, but this era in life in general on entertainment, whatever it is just can't grasp what we had in the 80s, 90s and very early 2000s, I deal with this everyday and it just really ticks Me off. If we are disappointed about all of this, what we can do is watch the old stuff and reminiscent those old times of what we like.

--------------------------

Now, I just got an e-mail from Peacock (I edited it): Celebrate the 25th anniversary of nWo!

I said it before, when the NWO happen wrestling as we knew it died and the attitude era was born despite most of what others think and say that it began in 97, IMO nope, in happen in 96! Of course Peacock didn't have a pic of the most infamous WCW Monday Nitro of all-time when the nWo took over the show for the very first of countless times! Here is some clips on YT that I provided from one of My most favorite WCW Nitro shows ever from September 23rd, 1996! If you can watch this from beginning to end somehow do it, it was unreal!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:29 pm

Merry Christmas! Oh I miss these times when there was some great women in wrestling. For years every time I saw Lana I wanted Sunny of the 90s to be back. Lana was so mild & lame IMO. Sunny was talented and My fave tied with Chyna! The women in WCW were great too!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:50 pm

Merry Christmas indeed!

It's a shame what happened to Sunny and Chris Candido, though from what I've read, Sunny wasn't exactly a good person. I'm sure it'll be a Darkside of the Ring episode eventually. If people went nuts after the Plane Ride from Hell on Ric Flair, it'll be interesting to see what kind of heat HBK and the Kliq get if that ever airs.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:08 am

Man, I always liked that babe in NLCV! She was WOW for Me at the time :batshock: Anyway yeah, I heard things about Sunny too. Her and Chris was such a cool & underrated couple though, seemed like after SMW they lost steam as the Bodydonnas but kinda gained it back in ECW & WCW then it all feel a part :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:12 pm

Yes, Nicollette Scorsese (no relation) added some nice, ahem, assets to Christmas Vacation. Her first role was actually on the A-Team. She wasn't hard on the eyes there, either. But the most depressing thought is she's 67 now. Where has the time gone?

Sunny? She was attractive, but man, any documentary on her doesn't sound like it will be very kind to her or HBK.

https://prowrestlingstories.com/pro-wre ... unny-skip/
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:57 pm

I know, where did it go :? :roll: Actually didn't know about the A-Team, didn't see all episodes.

Yeah, I knew a lot about them too :roll: Sunny really has had bad stuff going on since he left though I mean she's always in jail and kinda in bad health too among other things :roll: Thanks PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:10 pm

Here is some good & crucial moments from 96 & 2001 :!:

WWF 96

Hillarious stuff, never is anything gonna happen like this again!

When WWF's true Attitude era happen!

WCW 96

WCW had already beaten WWF in 96 with their first true moment thus spawning THE REAL ATTITUDE ERA!

2001: 20 years ago the Monday Night Ward ended :roll:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT