Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Yo, Do you remember: EDGE in WCW???!!!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Yo, Do you remember: EDGE in WCW???!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:00 am

So here is a topic like My Yo, Do you Remember in the WWF section but this will focus in WCW, ECW, NWA, SMW, USWA among others. Ready?

So first up is Lady Blossom aka Jeanie Clarke! She was the valet for "Stunning" Steve Austin and his ex-wife! They were together in WCCW, USWA and WCW! They have one heck of a history, in fact, I believe most people have forgotten about or maybe didn't even know about her, Austin with the late great Chris Adams along with his late great wife Toni as well :o

Some pics I took, IMO she looked te best @ WCW Halloween Havoc 91 :batsmile:

Here is her Wikipedia Page!

Here is some various vids of her for some moments, first ones are kinda crucial!

I always loved her, when I was a kid I had a crush on her. There were many women in wrestling that was good and that I liked but I thought she was gorgeous and way ahead of her time and so underrated. Oh and she is responsible for the "Stone Cold" name that we all know today!

Hope you liked this :) More coming soon :!:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:33 pm, edited 8 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Yo, Do you remember: (Miscellaneous)!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:02 am

OK, let's start this back up again shall we? Do you remember or even knew about Glenn Jacobs in WCW & SMW?

Yep, he had a brief stint in WCW as Bruiser Mastino in 1993, here he is against classic Sting!

Also, he was a major player in SMW. He was Unabom (with a young Al Snow) and really a precursor to his future Kane! Oh and he fought the Undertaker in 1995 right before he would become Dr. Issac Yankem DDS.! Oh man, I was thinkin' about this most of the year last in 2020 because it was the 30th anniversary of the Phenom but also it was the 25th anniversary of this match via a special crossover/talent swap between the WWF & SMW! They would fight each other many times and the dead-man would go up against the dentist through out 95 & 96! Make sure you watch the very first part of the vid because he wears the red outfit only briefly. Oh this was such a big event back then because the WWF was invading SMW!

I find it amazing that he Sting & the Undertaker in their more better days IMO. Don't forget to check out My previous entry and more to come soon!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:20 pm

Nope, never saw these as they were the years I didn't pay wrestling any attention. Thanks for posting, that Unabom (awful name BTW) is pretty close to Kane look. Cool.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:54 pm

Yep, told'ya he was a precursor to Kane. Your welcome PB, more to come ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:45 am

Yo, do you remember in 1996, 25 years ago this year when Hulk Hogan had a cameo in Spy Hard? Amazing this movie came out less than 2 months before the nWo was born when he turned heel changed wrestling forever! This was pretty funny at the theater and one of the last movies of the classic comedy caliber before all of the forced stuff we'd be have years later :roll:

Also, a few months after that in WCW Hollwood Hogan would reveal that "The Giant" Paul Wight would be in Jingle All the Way. I always had mixed emotions about this time because IMO it was the last good & clean Christmas film as things was really changing come 95 & 96.

That's all for now, until next time I'll you see around :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:38 pm

Love Leslie Nielson but the law of diminishing returns was definitely in effect with his movies in the 90s. Naked Gun, magic. But by Spy Hard and Dracula Dead and Loving it the gags were kind of wearing thin.

I honestly never knew that was Paul Wight. I mean, Jingle All the Way isn't high up on my Christmas watch list even though I did view most of it this year, but when it came out I wasn't watching wrestling so it would've never meant anything to me, and I never paid it close enough attention to notice him behind the beard. In all honesty, the characters in that film are all pretty unlikable and bordering on obnoxious. I remember really being disappointed in that film when I first saw it. I was 18, so I wasn't really the intended audience back then, and my opinion has softened some what over the years, but it still isn't something I'd go out of my way to watch. I will admit I was mildly interested in that TurboMan figure Walmart was carrying this year until I saw the price.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:16 pm

Great thread. This is giving me a lot of nostalgia. I get what you're saying, packer, Dracula Dead and Loving It does not hit the mark for me but this might be more due to Mel Brooks' gags/dialog. Actually, just a few days ago, I saw a Christmas flick starring Leslie Nielsen. It was called Santa Who? and was actually pretty good.

I'm really loving all the classic wrestling footage and pics you're posting, Brandon!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:07 pm

PB: That maybe but IMO it beats a lot of today's comedy. Man, you didn't know that was The Giant :? Like I said it was kinda big then as Hollwood Hogan kept on talkin' about it on Nitro. JATW was good but so many things thing were changing in & by 96 and this was one of the movies of an example of what I mean. Arnold wasn't the big powerhouse anymore, seemed like just a regular guy as others always seem taller and bigger over him, people's attitudes in most places and whatnot, I'm not complainin', I just remember seeing how it all changed then. Ah yeah, TURBO MAN :roll:

Acid: Actually I liked DDALT, I thought the humor was decent and women in it were REALLY good :batshock: Thanks a lot Acid, glad for the feedback. I will see about more to come soon ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:23 pm

Yeah, '96 I was a senior in high school and wrestling wasn't even on my radar so I wouldn't have thought anything of the big guy in the Santa suit anymore than the big guy in the mail room with Will Ferrell in Elf. If you told me in 1996 that was Paul Wight or The Giant, I'd have had no idea who you were talking about. I never even watched a WCW show until '98 because being northeast it was only the WWE around here in the 80's with the AWA and WCCW occasionally on ESPN.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:25 am

I see PB. Well, I always talk about 96 but really nobody ever talks about this in 84 (of all years). Read the comments too, its quite important what they say. This was the ORIGINS of the Monday Night Wars BEFORE it all! You don't have to watch the whole thing, the point of the matter is to watch Vinnie Mac in WCW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just browse through it you'll see it was like an old school WWWF/WWF show and not a cool south WCW episode :roll: Yep, it HAPPEN :!: This is one of the most crucial moments ever in wrestling history that many don't talk about :!: :batshock: :wwshock: :smsmh:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc