Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Official Horror Talk Topic!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

The Official Horror Talk Topic!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:24 am

So it's October and this spooky time is My fave time of the whole year. With all of this nonsense going around the world we need some fantasy time for a change and Halloween is right around the corner :batsmile:

I put together most of those pics you just saw. I especially wanted to put together that horror collage with some of the most iconic horror characters IMO. So talk those horror movies if ya know them or others that I didn't put there and talk like what is the scariest and nerve-racking scenes you ever witnessed and/or anything spooky that doesn't even have to do with movies :!: The options are endless :batshock:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: The Official Horror Talk Topic!

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:30 am

I was working overnights at Walmart in about 2007 or so, when I happened to walk past the electronics section and saw a new release of The Monster Squad, and I had to have. I watch that movie a ton of times on HBO as a kid. I love it. If you have a digital antenna, it's on Comet TV from time to time. I can watch it over and over.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:13 am

Yeah, MS is a true classic and shows you how cool it was then. It was one of My faves in the 80s when I was young. I have watched it many times too, back in the day TMS was one of the rarest VHS tapes to find ever and I was so happy when I got the DVD when it finally came out and I believe I have the same special DVD you are talking about. Its so good. One thing that irks Me for a very long time is there has never been any figures made of them. I begged McFarlane to make them when they supposedly couldn't get this and that license and that they were running out of ideas for Movie Maniacs, it was such an ideal franchise to get a hold of and they dropped the ball! NECA among other companies have miss these opportunities for so long now and see, this is one of the things I was talking about in other topics and that I think about quite often is that all of these companies are being generic and making stuff that been made so many times, I get so tired of this rehashing. I mean could you imagine how a Monster Squad box set of the monsters would have been or even the kids? It would have been so awesome :o The fact of the matter is just about every character was good even the minor ones...I believe companies could have made off of this especially with variants a sweet mint! I'm still wait'n for a company to smartin' up and do this and while I don't like these insane current prices on today's market, I love this movie enough to make Me consider it, it's just gotta be done right IMO
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:37 am

I betcha' didn't think I was a horror buff did ya :?: I liked spooky stuff ever since I was real young and was never really scared at most and it's actually My fave genre in movies and other subjects :o

So what you think of the collage I made? Anything there your not familiar with? Lots to talk about :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby MajorCandidZero » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:50 pm

Monster Squad cracks me up every time with the vulgar cursing. You don't really expect it coming.
MajorCandidZero
Civilian
Civilian

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:47 pm

I remember as a kid being shocked when Dracula calls Phoebe a "bitch". Compare that to any night on broadcast TV these days, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:03 am

Yeah, that was quite surprising then, shows you how different our times, culture and society is compared to then :roll: It was such a great movie!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:39 am

Of course we gotta talk Ghostbusters! I bet I have watched both of 100 times each...literally :o

Now there was some great & spooky tv shows to, here is My favorites!

Gosh I loved them days when Saturday's were special and they were filled with horror. When I was young in the later 80s I would never Freddy's Nightmares, Friday the 13th the Series and USA Saturday Nightmares! Oh the Werewolf series was the best as well! It's such a shame these great fun times had to end :roll:

Some others too!

Oh I loved Joe Bob Briggs' TNT Monster Vision!

My all-time favorite horror/sci-fi show is the X-Files!

OK, tons to talk about here, do you know these shows, fav episode, etc. :!:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:11 am

OK, I just watched Halloween Kills on Peacock. I thought it was really good. IMO, the fake wokers are not seeing the picture as always and not picking on the real problem. If you are a big Halloween movie franchise fan then you won't nitpick over this nonsense but will complain that that the other movies and stories ARE NOT CANON!

That is My only gripe. Everything that was accomplished and known for years are no longer valid and we are forced to reshape our ways to view these plots of many different franchises. I find that frustrating and have been tired of especially since the Disney takeover of Star Wars and making some of the most superior stories legends and NOT canon!

Even though I have seen countless Hollywood things that makes Me sick to the core not even wanting to watch any these new movies anymore, I couldn't miss Halloween Kills. With that being said, I think the movie did a good job with of retelling the new "past plot" points and the like and I felt the movie was visually stunning, still kinda nostalgic (no matter how hard they try, the classic feel can never, ever be duplicated) and well worth the price!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:46 pm

Interesting. Was actually going to try and watch it tonight or tomorrow. For me, if they want to pretend like Season of the Witch never happened I'm okay with that, lol. But 4 and 5 were always some of my favorites as a kid. I always liked the Halloweens and Friday the 13ths over the other 80's horror franchises.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussions