Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:23 pm

Just wanted to say that Grand Slam week was great, it was some of the best AEW has put so far and it did seem like they tried to make like PPV quality! I think the Omega & Danielson match was done right but I believe that this was only the 3rd draw ever in AEW :? The Super Kilq is wow and the crowd is just with it with Cole :o Loved the Sting & Tully interaction. So much great other moments as well. Great crowd with ECW shirts & I really digged that guys with black & White Macho Madness stuff in the crowd...big kudos to them!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:16 pm

Thunder Rosa had a great match, Paul Wight just had a 3 on 1 match on Dark Elevation + Tony Khan at the end, better check it out ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:08 am

I originally posted this along other stuff in the WWE section so check that out.

I think the Friday Night War is official :?: Remember MJF said he has Bruce Pritchard on speed dial? Well, Rollins just invaded Edge's home and he was dinking ORANGE JUICE then Edge calls for help and that help is David and Daniel which is FTR :shock:

Also, can you believe that Bobby Fish is in AEW? I really think he should be on Dark and have tuneup match first, I really don't like that but they've been doing that a lot lately with just going straight to a big name instead of taking it easy at first...not a fan of that at all :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:18 am

I'm not sure if Fish is All Elite or if this is a one off like when Cody would face indy guys when he had the TNT title. I actually kind of enjoyed when Cody was doing that, we may not have gotten Starks and Kingston without it, and I still find Warhorse amusing. I'd heard Fish went to MLW, so this may just be a one night thing. We'll see, I suppose.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:47 am

You could be right about all of that :)

Just watched the first Dark, Colin Delaney was there and he and his partner got blasted from The Acclaimed :o :lol: Their good on the the other Dark too and Diamante fought SANTANA GARRETT :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:54 am

WOW, Crowbar & the Blue Meanie returned in Philly :o Watch that Dark Elevation for the good match and the touching & emotioanl interview, wow that was treat for Me indeed :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:21 pm

I saw pictures from the show but I'm old school lazy, if you don't put it on my tv right in front of me I'll rarely search it out, lol. Plus, when you know a wrestling show isn't live it kind of becomes less interesting. Kind of bummed because I just remember Dynamite isn't on tonight.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:07 pm

Yeah, I'm old school too but I've learned to do the other stuff, if ya got Roku you can watch YT on your big TV! shame people do that cause that's how people stay misinformed about anything and miss things that could be to their liking or even very crucial :roll:

Yeah, Dynamite's on till Saturday, their doin' that stuff again but oh well.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:06 pm

I still usually check out the results to see what happened, but something's lost when wrestling is pre-taped. Wrestling, like any sport, needs to be watched live. I think that's why Impact and ROH still struggle to get viewers, and why Rampage isn't doing as well in the ratings. It's just not as exciting when you know it's not live. That feeling that anything can happen is gone, because if anything earth shattering would happen, there's a good chance it would've leaked somehow ahead of time.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:01 am

OK Pb.

Well, watching the AEW Rampage Buy In on YT. Its a good show. They did this to compete against Smackdown Supersized! Anyway Santana Garrett wrestled and she is so miss-used no matter where she goes...at least she had an entrance :roll: Bobby Fish just had a match against Lee Moriarty. They have the ranking system but what about the tuneup matches :roll: This match should have happen before Fish had to take that loss after all that hype in his first match ever in AEW. I think AEW needs to book this logically, I mean their not like WWE and doesn't have no enhancement talent where in fact AEW has way more than one would think and WWE has no logic but what is AEW doing? Their booking is in reverse, I mean this should have been the way Punk should have had his first match instead of going against a top one especially after a hiatus of over 7 years and Brian Danielson too. IMO this should not be this way at all. I'm old school and believe in ranking & tuning up and not going straight for the big one first shot like it was years and years ago. I am not a fan of this backwards booking at all :roll: Oh and Suzuki & Danielson was a great and long match :!:

Oh and by the way, Amazing how Lio Rush is back, now he was taught by Tony Khan to be this corporate finance & business takeover student...amazing how he came back from a very unexpected retirement :?
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to AEW