Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:02 am

Great stuff PB :!:

I remember Kid Buddy & My Kid Sister, Sounds kinda funny in a way :? :lol: Kinda wanted the Buddy one when I was real young but then there was other stuff I wanted more that I found much cooler like MOTU & SW & WWF! I never saw that Atari one before, never had an any Atari system ever. Like I said in My bonus update in My Vintage Action Figure topic, My first game system was My Mom's Commodore 64 then My NES! My great Cousin Mike had an Atari but we never got together unfortunately like we should have :cry: Oh Mad Balls :!: I had the entire collection...gosh I remember My Grandparents & Mom getting Me them @ K-B Toys like it was yesterday. I even got most of teh bootlegs & knockoffs too :o Sadly I didn't take care of them as they all got stuck to one another and were totally destroyed basiclly :roll: I was thinkin' of showing at least a couple ones that was in somewhat good shape in My Vintage Action Figure topic then I misplaced them and I no longer can locate them but oh well :( Battle Beasts, oh this one, My Father got Me many them...not a good a time at all and I no longer have them, in fact I left them with him over 30 years ago...so pathetic to put it mildly :roll: :x I do however plan on showing a series very similar like them figures but they were 10x larger by Kenner that Hasbro "borrowed" from yet again as this series came out a year before their's that I will showcase in My Vintage Action Figure topic sometime soon :o Never really knew about the Army Ants then again at the end of the commercial when I saw the packaging it kinda looked familiar so I'm not sure about that one.

Good exciting showing so keep it goin' PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:08 am

Ha, I love the way toys evoke such memories. It's why I'm doing this and my toy thread. Moments woven into all our lives.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:10 am

Don't play with your food...unless...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:10 pm

I remember Army Ants but never had any. Really wanted them, though. I had a great imagination and would have made the most of most of these things. Same goes for Food Fighters. I thought those were amazing. If there was a reissue, I'd definitely be in for a few of these so long as the prices were somewhat reasonable.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:12 am

I had a bunch of Army Ants. They were kind of fun. In honor of a pretty good AEW last night...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:15 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:19 am

Yeah, these do bring back the memories & fun times and even if you don't know them just by looking at them you can relate to how it was then ;)

Nod to you about Brundle & AEW :D

I only remember the vehicle only from Food Fighters...not sure why :? Ah the MUSCLE :o I have a lot of them still but darn it, I misplaced the ring a long whole back :roll: I was gonna show them off in My topic but not now, if I'mlucky enought to locate the ring then may be so :) I don't know the Slime Monster Game, looked cool though cuz I loved that slime stuff then :smsmile:

Cool entries :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:43 pm

I still have a bunch of MUSCLE figures, too. They're pretty neat. They had a revival a few years back with Ultimate MUSCLE but it didn't do as well toy wise but the cartoon had some moderate success.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:49 am

Calling 1987...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:23 am

'Tis the season...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions