Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

RIP Norm MacDonald

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

RIP Norm MacDonald

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:26 pm

The world lost a funny one today. Norm MacDonald was my favorite Weekend Update host because he was fearless even if the jokes were bombing. And like a true comic he wasn't afraid to say something some might find offensive because....he was a comedian.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: RIP Norm MacDonald

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:41 pm

Shame, may he rest in peace.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:05 pm

Yeah, it sucks. He wasn't offensive for the sake of it or for shock value, but he would go places others might shy away from. I don't know what becomes of comedy in the future in a world where the wrong tweet or the wrong joke gets you fired and ostracized. It must be tough being a comedian and the world is in dire need of more laughter.

I should add he died from a long, private battle against cancer that nobody knew about. He once said this:

“I’m pretty sure, I’m not a doctor, but I’m pretty sure if you die, the cancer dies at the same time. That’s not a loss. It's a draw."

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:54 am

Indeed and at least he was like that about his sickness.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to General Discussions