Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:08 am

Dynamite is tomorrow :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:15 pm

So Packer, are your getting All Out on PPV? Are you excited about it? Thoughts who the surprise woman in the Battle Royal on the Buy in will be or anything else before the event?
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:48 pm

This date's been circled on my calendar for months, but especially since the CM Punk rumors began. It's probably the most excited I've been for a PPV since the original since the first All out in 2019. The woman's battle royal was moved to the main card because PAC and Andrade have travel issues so their match was moved to Dynamite next week and the preshow match is Jurassic Express/Best Friends vs Hardy Family Office.

As for surprises, well, Ruby Soho has been rumored for a while so I'm expecting her to be the 21st entrant but it'd be really cool for the IInspiration to show up, but without a women's tag division they make much more sense for Impact. I'd love to see Tessa in AEW, but there's to the elephant in the room of her past so who knows when or where she'll get a second chance. Tessa vs Britt, Tess vs Thunder Rosa...take my money!

Really, anyone that was let go from NXT should only have a 30 day no compete so you could see a anyone that was let go last month, though I question how much bigger they can really afford to make the roster.

And the American Dragon looms, and all signs point to him debuting at some point tomorrow.

All I know is that it should be a great show. They've yet to really disappoint besides things like malfunctions. Rampage was damn good last night as well.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:27 pm

Sounds great Packer. So you getting it on PPV? Your Wife & Kids excited like you are? I haven't watched Rampage yet so I'm a bit behind and didn't know are the card changing. Well, IMO the women's battle royal should be on the main show anyway. AEW treats the women's division great on the Dark shows having at least 2 women's matches (I believe last dark show there were 5 women's matches) but they need to book more of them on Dynamite. I am saying that just not because their women but also, there are many people like you that doesn't tune into Dark thus they are missing out on the rest of the roster and not really knowing who else to watch out for. Anyway, there is way more men matches then women so IMO they should always be on the main card for a PPV.

It would be cool if its Ruby. I have been want Tess a long time but not sure about her. There was talk last year that WWE wanted her but nothing worked out.

I do hope when DB returns he is called "The American Dragon" Brian Danielson!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:02 pm

They're going to watch, my wife usually watched PPVs with me, but I wouldn't say they're excited for it. But at least my wife knows who CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. Punk basically spilled the beans in an interview when they asked him who he'd like to face and he said something like the Young Bucks and that he and Daniel Bryan vs them would be a good matchup, so...

You should definitely watch Rampage before All Out, they did a good job of building toward four of the PPV matches, plus you get to see Daniel Garcia in the main event again. I don't know how much you know about him, but he's from my area. I saw him wrestle a few times locally and he almost died two years ago in a severe car crash and broke both his legs pretty badly. To think he went from that, and wrestling locally in firehalls to getting beat up on national tv by Sting and CM Punk has to be a thrill And he's only 22!

https://www.thesportster.com/news/danie ... -accident/

I think Ruby is pretty much a sure thing at this point, but that doesn't mean there won't be more surprises. Yes, it'd be nice to see more women's matches, but that Jaime Hayter vs Red Velvet match on Rampage last week was a little messy, so I can see why they don't put as many on. Many of the women still need some time to develop, and with the roster size it's hard to get everyone on regularly as is. A women's tag tile would help, but there aren't a lot of true teams and I think they'd really need to develop some tag teams before even trying something like that.

Less than 24 hours now!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:18 am

That all sounds great PB.

I didn't know Garcia before till last year when he was on a Dark and Excalibur said about his horrible accident, I never forgot about it but I'm glad to see he is fine and trying to make a name for himself here, I think he's pretty good.

I hope there is more than one surprise at the PPV, I wouldn't mind it if was Ruby, I just hope she is better than her last days WWE, I mean she was horrible mentally and you could tell it was affecting her matches.

Yes, I plan on watching Rampage first, still gotta catch up on that bonus Dark as well as and Smack Down & Talking Smack if that's available.

Yep, less than 24 hours is right!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:18 am

Just caught up, Rampage was great, better than last week.

Jade Cargill & Nyla Rosa just attacked Julia Hart severly, you might wanna check out yesterday's Dark PB before you watch the PPV, it's really good.

EDIT: On the Dark, CM Pink made his Dark debut and spoke a great speech and check out that shirt he's wearing!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:20 pm

I read about that and got excited because I thought it would lead to another surprise entrant but then they announced Skye Blue was taking her slot so not sure for the reasoning other than injury or something.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:02 pm

"I think business is about to pick up!"
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:31 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to AEW