Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Stay Tooned!!!--The End!?????

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Stay Tooned!!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:24 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Cool, hopefully you get the video issue figured out.

I hope so too :!:

I never watched South Park no Venture Bros.

Hey Idiot, are you sticking around here now :?: :lol:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:40 pm

Sheesh, what's with the name calling? :)
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:17 am

Funny PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Project WU-5573

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:52 am

packerbacker180 wrote:In July, 2008, three friends were walking upon the beach in Montauk, NY, when they came across a strange animal carcass that had washed ashore. Though exactly what the creature was wasn't immediately known, many speculated that it could've been the result of secret government experiments from the Plum Island Animal Disease Center off the coast of Long Island, NY, a federal research center designed on the surface to study and protect US livestock from animal diseases But many have said the island serves a more dubious mission as a sort of Island of Dr. Moreau house of horrors.

Artist rendition of the Montauk Monster:
Spoiler:

For years, conspiracy theorists had attempted to uncover secret government experimentations seeking to create animal hybrids for military purposes designated Project WU-5573, or more commonly referred to as Project WUZZLE.

In 1985 creators at Disney and ABC sought to expose these horrible genetic experimentations by disguising them as cute, harmless looking animals in a thirty minute animated Saturday morning "cartoon" called coincidentally enough as The Wuzzles, cartoon #10 on our list.

It was thought at the time that the general public was not ready for such revelations and thus an animated program might help soften the earth shattering news similar to the way the Jetsons or The Galaxy Trio were used to expose the population to the existence of extraterrestrials and reverse egineered alien technology twenty years earlier.

The Wuzzles introduced such hybrids as the Bumblelion, the horrific results of the hybridization of a lion and a bumblebee capable of weaving it's way through the air into enemy territory before landing and savagely mauling the enemy. There was also Rhinokey, a cross between a rhino and a monkey, that was able to stop a tank in it's tracks with it's impervious hide and remove it's inhabitants with it's shear brute strength. There was also Eleroo, a kangaroo/elephant(land assualt), Butterbear, half butterfly, half bear (air dominance). Moosel (moose/seal--aquatic assault), Hoppopotamus (hippo/rabbit), Crocosaurus (crocodile/tyranosaur), amongst other horribe combinations all created to further American military dominance across the globe.

To the unassuming public, The Wuzzles was just a show about a bunch of imaginary jumbled animals who lived on the magical Isle of Wuz (Plum Island(?)) in which silly adventures occurred. In one episode entitled "Moosel's Monster", Moosel accuses everyone of being a monster while also claiming that a "real, friendly monster" is all in his head. It doesn't take much to read between the lines to see the hidden message in such episodes.

The Wuzzles only lasted one season despite it having said to have been the brainchild of then CEO of Disney Michael Eisner. Curiously enough the show debuted on CBS in the exact same timeslot as another Disney original cartoon, DIsney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears on NBC (a cartoon many speculated stemmed as an allegory of government mind control experiments as part of MKUltra, positing "Gummibeary Juice" may be some kind of drug that makes a person easily susceptible to control while enhancing their strength and dexterity). Many have said that this was all planned by a shadowy Disney cabal in an attempt to weaken the popularity of both shows in order to remove them from the public domain as quickly as possible. While some have said this is all wild speculation, others point to darker Disney influences dating as far back as the 1950's when former Nazi Germany aerospace engineer, Wernher Von Braun, served as a "technical adviser" for several Disney films.

For decades, Project WU-5573 was laughed off as just a crazy. crackpot theory from tinfoiled hat loonies, until the discovery of the Montauk Monster in 2008 forced many to reconsider that science fiction might just be science fact. Since the Montauk Monster discovery no one has come forth to deny the existence of Project WU-5573.

Perhaps this is all just nonsense I came up with on my own on a slow Saturday morning, and I'm rambling on about some imaginary, dark, shadow government absurdly seeking to rule the world scientific experimentions. But I will leave you with just this one question:

If all of this is hogwash, why is it that The Wuzzles are currently unavailable on Disney+?

Here in the land of Wuz
They're having twice the fun
Cause every single thing
Is really two in one

A little bit of this
A little bit of that
And when you add it up
You get a lot of laughs!

OK PB, I said I would be lookin' back at your Tooned topic and so I did, I saw a lot that I missed and some that I over looked and I'll get to them in time but this one that I quoted above is one that hit Me the hardest at the moment. I say that because of a few reasons and I will number and describe them as best but as short as possible.

1. The Wuzzles. I completely forgot about them. I never saw an episode though. My Grandma took Me to her friend's little shop (her name was Annie Burke, she was a very great lady) long ago, I must have been 6 or so? Anyway she had these figures of these cute but kinda weird animals for sale. I thought they were Care Bears but nope. These figures were made by Hasbro. My Grandma got Me them from her. In fact I believe it was most of the characters in that pic you provided. She also got Me some Care Bears too later one from elsewhere but unfortunately I misplaced all of them and to this day I still don't know where they are :roll:

2. The Montauk Monster. I am very familiar with that one. I remember when it made the headline everywhere including Cryptozoology.com. I seen it in many documentaries and in fact I had seen it featured in Jesse "The Body" Ventura's Conspiracy Theory show (remember that? Oh it was great!). What was the monster? Oh, it was clearly a mutated hybrid from Plum Island that was created for very bad purposes.

3. All of what you said was great and there are reasons why to all of those Qs you have including the cryptic reason why the Wuzzles looked so cute back in the day in the first place and why their not on Disney and so forth. Let's just say...I don't know if you ever noticed My signature but I have had that since the beginning of the Matty Board days and I have there for a very important reason.

And yes the truth is out :o

OK, that's all about PB, what's next on your tooned topic now :?: ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:02 am

Hey, thanks for commenting. The Wuzzles was the first show I think I went off the rails a bit in this thread. I thought it might've gotten more talk, but not sure who's actually reading this regularly besides the two of us. I originally hoped that just by posting a short bit on a cartoon it would lead to some conversation, but when that wasn't really happening I decided to just have fun with it and write whatever. Maybe I'll just stop and people will someday realize how good this thread was. Take it, Cinderella...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:54 am

Your welcome PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:33 am

So I thought continuing My Street Sharks from the other topic here where it would be proper in your Tooned topic PB :) Like I said before, I loved them arguably more than the TMNT but I wasn't faithful to them when it came to watching the cartoons. I loved their figures, the sculpting, the way the rubber skin felt and the glow in the dark teeth was like no other. Like I said, I have all of the character figures except Evil Draxx which I had a chance to get him long ago but I freakin' blew it and I regret that so much, I hope I can get him one day in the near future...he is one of the rarest action figures of all-time due to his extremely limited toy production run and ultimately the cancellation of the whole series in the middle 90s. I will show My entire collection in My Vintage Action Figure topic in time.

Here some pics from the web.

Example of the characters.

Example of the figures in the cool packaging.

A cool commercial compilation with a very young Vin Diesel!

Mattel also made a spinoff called Extreme Dinosaurs but I never got into them nor got the figures.

Well that's it PB, I thought since Street Sharks was on My mind I thought I'd enter them and keep your great Tooned topic active, I hope you liked it dude :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:39 am

Nice! Like I said in the Galactus Haslabs thread, you only really regret the toys you don't buy. Sure, I've had buyers remorse on occasion, but not to the point of regret. But there's been a few toys I've seen in the wild and thought, nah, or next time, and never saw them again. Those are the ones that haunt you, even if you pay more to get them later. The Toy Collector's Lament.

I was 16 when Street Sharks came out so toys and cartoons weren't really on my radar much outside of comics and the X-men/Spider-man cartoons on Fox. I remember these guys, but I can't say I ever watched them.

I'm still getting resettled from vacation, and with the kids getting ready for school next week, it'll probably be a week or so before I get back to my toon list. Thanks for posting this in the interim!
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:55 pm

Your welcome. I see PB, i figured you were still on Vacation. Man, kids are getting ready for school? There gettin' in late, for Me long ago School was late August. I was 13 when the Street Sharks so your not older PB than Me :lol: Hah, I never posted in that Haslabs, I'll check it out. thanks Packer :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:41 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions