Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:52 pm

Oh, I'm just talking about his hairstyle and swagger. He looks like a skinnier version of the Rock. Heck, even his open shirt style is very similar.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:03 pm

Yep, I see the similarities :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:13 pm

Say, I never said what I thought about Rampage. I know what I said earlier that the previews reminded Me of WCW Thunder but after seeing it actually reminded THE VERY FIRST WCW Monday Nitro from September 9, 1995 which is kinda a twisted opposite :? Why? Because it was only an hour and there was absolutely no BS! I loved all of the matches especially the first one. I'm glad that Christian won. I think this is the way to do it when you have a competitor like him and not jump the line completely now he's gonna be back in TNA after all of these years :o The match with Miro makes him like a total monster but I thought the thing with Del Sol was proper. Man did he remind of Rey Mysterio in WCW in 96 with that gear on! The DMD match was great and this I feel this is how a crowd should react for their hometown girl and their invading opponent. I'm not used to Velvet getting booed. I think it was a great crowd period. I do think it was a solid show from start to finish and a terrific debut!

Here is couple issues I think need to be addressed that maybe questionable?

1. The length. Is 1 hour too short? It seemed too fast. Maybe its because I'm used to 2 hour Dynamites & Darks & NXTs, Smackdowns and 3 hour Raws?

2. The commentator's table. They said its fresh but we still got Excalibur & Taz. Mark Henry & Chris Jericho is good but should they have 2 others that we're not used to? I mean I find the team good but not completely "fresh". I find Jericho funny and I've always thought that Henry is one of the most underrated guys on the mic and I hope he stays there. In fact when I first heard him I thought on the show he reminded of Larry Zbyszko back on Nitro in 96 and coincidentally his son is in AEW.

Well PB, that's My thoughts about Rampage so far!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:05 am

Wow, just saw Dark Elevation, 2.0 came out and this seriously reminded Me when the Quebecers (one of My all-time favorites) came to WCW in 96 and became the Amazing French Canadians! It was a really cool show. All of the women were hot :o I just love Jade and Kiera Hogan made her debut against the ultra cool Shida!

EDIT: Just watched regular Dark and it was kinda ECW themed because it was still in Pittsburg and there was a guy in the front row with a Shane Douglas shirt! JD Drake dressed up like Mr Hughes-Amish Roadkill! It just felt like an ECW atmosphere.

Oh, I don't know if you pay attention to regulars a in the crowd but the guy I call the Asian sign guy who went to WWE events all the time who has all of these funny white signs usually seen on the side of the entrance isle was there all week in for AEW!

Just now watching NXT, AEW Rampage was just advertised on USA :shock:

By the way, Mark Madden was in the crowd and Schiavone pointed him out. I hadn't seen him in many years, I was never crazy about the guy, he was always a backstage personality in WCW in the early to mid 90s but late in the decade till WCW folded he was a commentator on Nitro.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:56 pm

It's Friday, and you know what that means....

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:13 am

Yes I do and I hope it happens and I want the those years of the early 2010s of Punk back but this time in AEW!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:39 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:38 pm

Oh. My. God.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:16 pm

Not sure we'll ever hear a pop like that again. My lord. I'm just glad my 10 year old son was sitting next to me. I had to explain to him who CM Punk was and why I was wearing his Best in the World shirt I got at the 2011 Night of Champions.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:26 am

WOW :shock: I know what I said earlier and I don't know if you could tell but I had My doubts but I must say it happen and I wasn't disappointed :smgasp: OMG is correct :o I know, I don't think there will ever be anything like that ever again. I have seen all of the huge surprises in WCW from the late 80s till their unfortunate demise, all of the epic arrivals in ECW from the beginning to the end of the promotion, most of the stuff in ROH, those classic moments of TNA from 2002 to 2014, the epic stuff from Jericho & Omega in Japan and most of the stuff in WWF/WWE like arrivals of Goldust, Vader, The Big Show Y2J etc. With all of that being said, this has been THE BIGGEST, EPIC, MOST NEEDED AND IMPERATIVE MOMENT EVER IN PRO WRESTLING HISTORY! It's like did this really happen? I still can't believe it after all of these years of people chanting CM PUNK! CM PUNK! CM PUNK at WWE events and there was nothing! I wanted him in AEW since day one and even there was a time he was rumored to be there before the pandemic but he is here now :batshock: WOW, I know it's WWE SummerSlam & NXT Takeover weekend but nothing and I MEAN NOTHING they have and put on the shows and in the matches can do can top this and this is coming from a WWF/WWE LIFEER :wwshock:

Now, I find it rather amazing that this is 10, count'em 10 long years after Punk's Pipe Bomb in WWE :smgasp: This AEW debut and his promo was every bit as epic as that if not even more grandeur than it :!: For a moment I was afraid he wouldn't have the mic skills like he once did since he was away for so long but he hasn't lost a step! WOW, I must say that was so epic seeing Sting and Darby Allin in the rafters and Punk acknowledging them! For Me it was a bit of mixture of WWF Attitude but in an alternate reality in WCW! I mean STING IS UP there and CM Punk is in the ring for cryin' out loud! Punk's first match is at All Out next Month against Darby Allin! I can't wait for that! That is gonna be a tremendous match. I want punk against Sting, a rematch against Jericho, Moxley, Christian, Miro, MJF and My ultimate dream match...CM Punk vs. Kenny Omega!

Gosh, with all of this happening, there was some other cool moments on the show like Moxley again Garcia. I must say I wish AEW to stop doing that jobber entrance/already in the ring stuff, I'm not a fan of that at all whether their a jobber or not. The Jurassic Express against Private Party match was great! Poor Keira Hogan, I like her and all and followed her for a while now. She looks great and is a really good talent but holy crap, I just love Jade Cargill, she's truly the total package, I love her entrance, her look, her physique, her hair, her power and stature, all of her! Every time I see Bianca Belair I think to Myself, WWE hypes her up and all of that but really, have you seen Jade? How is Bianca better than her? I mean really? There's no comparison whatsoever!

So this was one of the most shocking and epic nights ever in wrestling history and believe Me like I said, I basically seen it all and I truly believe this tops EVERYTHING for so many reason!

I'm sure your a proud poppa Packer and sounds like a wonderful moment so congrats to you My friend ;) I know where you were, I know where I was but where was everybody else when CM PUNK returned to the ring in AEW on 8/20/21 in this once in a life time event :?:

EDIT: Amazing he came out with his song that he owns "Cult of Personality", its such a rarity for that to occur :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to AEW