Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

RIP Bobby Eaton

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

RIP Bobby Eaton

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:28 am

"Beautiful" Bobby Eaton, one half of the Midnight Express, passed away yesterday. I never saw them wrestle live as NWA and WCW wasn't something I caught much in the 80s and early 90s, but it isn't hard to see the influence and legacy they left amongst tag team wrestling.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: RIP Bobby Eaton

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:36 am

RIP Bobby Eaton :o He had a lot of health probs and sadly his wife died about a month ago :(

Now on a good note, he and Stan Lane was one of the best teams ever and was truly one of the teams that revolutionized tag team wrestling which is one of the many reasons what made the NWA/WCW so great, in fact IMO very reminiscent of AEW tag team division today :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:01 pm

Indeed. Busted Open Radio on Sirius usually does a bit when wrestlers pass away and today's three hours were all about Bobby Eaton and just hearing people call in to talk about him he seemed like a genuinely good person, and a hell of a talent. I recommend looking it up if you can find it. I'm sure Cornette will have something on him, but I can't listen to him anymore because he's a whack job. I bet all the podcasts will have something on him soon. They had one of the cooler entrances back then, too. Way ahead of their time on that.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:23 pm

Yes, great stuff you posted there dude. Yeah, Cornette can be a real nut but I actually agree with some of his views especially about Kevin Dunn the WWF/WWE producer but that's a whole different topic there. Possibly more on that at later time.

Bobby Eaton will be missed :(
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:43 pm

Oh, I don't mind Corny's wrestling takes, even if some of them are crotchety. It's when he gets off wrestling that I find him difficult to listen to.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:29 am

I see.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc