Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

HOLY CRAP! WWF New Generation Arena Crowd Funding Campaign

Wanna talk about your LJN Hulkster or that weird, skinny body Samoa Joe TNA figure? Maybe you've got some cool wrestling swag? Step up to the gorilla position and snap in to it, oh yeah!

HOLY CRAP! WWF New Generation Arena Crowd Funding Campaign

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:52 pm

https://creations.mattel.com/products/w ... tion-arena

Okay, I have passed on a LOT of stuff that I wanted in the past but I have to get this. I HAVE to. Regardless of the cost. This is a golden period of my younger days. The period when wrestling mattered to me most. This encompasses all of it. This is the ring and the entrance and roster that I identify with the most.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HOLY CRAP! WWF New Generation Arena Crowd Funding Campai

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:33 pm

Yeah, thanks for sharing this AcidDragon. I don't want to burst anybody's bubble here but here is My thoughts.

Looks great, impressive and realistic and brings back great memories by the looks of it. Yes, this was the best times of wrestling (80s - 95) which the New generation was My favorite era (IMO when the nWo happen wrestling died as we knew it and it began a new life thus spawning THE ACTUAL BIRTH OF THE ATTITUDE ERA). With that being said, I'm not interested in it. Due to many reasons. I had a huge fallout with Mattel corporate, (I don't want to talk about) I was so angry about it I sold My entire collection in 2014 with the exception of 2 figure for reasons (later on that ----- I had every wrestler with some variants and the ring up to that point) which was was worth hundreds of bucks (I made up for it and then some). While I was still furious about the situation, I was still involved way to much to quit on MOTUC & GBC (I collected them till the very end because they were special to Me). Anyway. Seeing this just kinda makes Me :roll: :x about it all over again :batsmh:

Mattel still doing their poor ways of oh we have a budget crap. I'm so sick of this billion dollar + company with these gauges like they did on Matty Collector. Now their doing this crowd funded stuff. IMO its the same difference and it's a total joke. I mean I get that everybody may not want this but they didn't have to do this before the Matty Collector days did they :?: :idea: They just made whatever and if their product didn't sell like they saw fit then they just cancelled it, it was as simple as that. The price of $250 is extremely insane IMO. I mean back in the day when Jakks made their first Titan Tron you could get that, the ring and several (if not more) Tron figures for less than $100! My oh my how things have changed and people are still buying this new stuff? How can anybody afford it is My question? I could barely afford things 10 years ago when these prices were creeping up on consumers :| IMO its just ridicules how much the Mattel WWE figures cost and especially on the secondary market. I mean Super7 is following suit too which isn't settling with Me either (more on that in the near future). I mean people don't stop and think and look back on the past and see how it was and and then give it a second thought :wwsmh:

Now see, sure it's a lot to ask for id this day and age but even if things were different and this set came with a huge collection of true New Generation wrestlers like Waylon Mercy, Techno Team 2000, King Mable, The Roadie, Sparky Plugg, Adam Bomb, Aldo Montoya, Bull Nakano, Rad Radford, Avatar, Jean Pierre Lafitte, Mantaur, Savio Vega, Skip & Sunny, Yokozuna & Owen Hart, Dean Douglas, Ahmed Johnson for that price it would be so much more attractive but you only get two figures! Two characters that's already been made before. Sure their different designs like this is heel Doink (the best Doink IMO). I can see it now, if this Doink comes with the Steve Kerin head, people's gonna want two of these Doinks so they can have 2 of them with their custom Kona Crush and you know how much their gonna have to invest for that :o Even if this set had special a surprise figure like the Spellbinder from 95 I still wouldn't want it :smroll:

With My ranting coming to a close, for those who do "really" want this set and can actually afford it, I do hope it goes through for you :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:42 pm

Nah I get it, man. The value for money also isn't great from a what you get for a toy perspective and to be honest, I'm right there with you for the most part. But at the same time, I look at what I've shelled out on other stuff on those rare occasions and also the emotional and nostalgic value it fulfills so more than likely, I will probably be getting in on this one. :smgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:51 pm

$250, dayum.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:26 am

packerbacker180 wrote:$250, dayum.

Yep, if anybody would use steep about this, that would be such an understatement :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

AcidDragon wrote:Nah I get it, man. The value for money also isn't great from a what you get for a toy perspective and to be honest, I'm right there with you for the most part. But at the same time, I look at what I've shelled out on other stuff on those rare occasions and also the emotional and nostalgic value it fulfills so more than likely, I will probably be getting in on this one. :smgrin:

Thanks dude. I've always had this motto and thought that: If you really want it and if it's special to you and you need it for whatever reason that you shouldn't let anything stop you from getting it :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to Wrestling Toys & Collectibles