Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:52 am

I see, sometimes there is some really good moments on both Dark shows.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:26 am

Last night was a pretty good show with a hot crowd. I'm not sure the Ricky Starks-Brian Cage match got the crowd response they wanted. Not sure they're going to be able to keep Starks heel in the feud. Starks is really good on the mic and seems like he really loves wrestling, it won't be easy to get crowds to boo that. Cage on the otherhand, personally, never really cared for him. Don't get me wrong, he's in amazing shape, and can do things people his size shouldn't be able to do, but he always feels a little clunky and stiff in the ring. I think he'd be better off as the monster heel type anyway. I've called Starks "skinny Rock" since I saw him in NWA, a few years ago, so not surprised to see him get a pop.

THe Omega-Page stuff is coming along nicely. The main event was really good. And the Cody-Black segment had a cool classics NWA-Attitude Era hybrid feel to it. Wasn't sold on them when Black debuted, but they did a pretty good job last night.

The only thing I didn't care for is Nyla Rose. I just did get it. She's meh on the mic and not overly great in the ring. The sooner that feud ends, the sooner we can get to what I'd assume would be a Thunderose feud for September. But who knows.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:29 am

Yeah, it was a terrific show. the crowd was really into and I think they did get the response that was needed. I thought that Starks needed that!

Yes I am really digging' this Omega stuff. the Black & Cody was great. When the time comes, Black better beat him and not get buried his first time against a big name.

Nyla is OK, she really hasn't brought anything new to the table lately however. What I want is a Jade Cargill push and her beating Rose, Thunder-Rosa and going for the title against Baker!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:35 am

Haven't had the chance watch it tonite but soon. Gosh, the last two weeks of both Dark shows has been so good!

BREAKING NEWS: Daniel Bryan signs with AEW :o

Unbelievable :?: :o isn't it
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:10 am

Yesterdays show was pretty crazy, and that's without either of the two big rumors appearing. Someone else, who I would've never expected to see on tv, appeared early in the show. AEW may not have perfect matches everytime out, but it's just a lot of fun to watch. And that makes all the difference.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:13 pm

Thunder Rosa has officially signed with AEW which is awesome news.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:26 am

That's great. When you see all of these talents like her, you think they are already signed :o

What do you think about the news of Daniel Bryan being signed with AEW? Oh and there are reports that CM Punk is being signed to AEW as well :? I wanted Punk to be Elite since day one. Thoughts :?:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:30 am

It's Wednesday, and you know what that means!

I'm super excited for both guys to show up. I watched some Punk matches, and the pipe bomb promo yesterday, just to freshen up on it. I can also dig out my Best in the World shirt I got at the Night of Champions PPV. No idea what they'll be doing in AEW as I'm expecting Hangman Page to wiin the title at All In, but those guys could feud with anybody. My body is ready fro some Living Colour and Europe to play, no doubt if they are coming to AEW that Tony Khan would buy the rights to play both songs. Holy crsap, if/when Cult of Personality hits at All In in Chicago, it's gonna blow the roof off that building.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:42 pm

DAMMIT!!!! August 20th looks like it's going to be a wild night and I'm going to be in Myrtle Beach. Going to have to make sure I'm in our room by 10.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:35 pm

Cool, get all of that Punk stuff out! Yes, if Cult of personality would hit, it would be the biggest pop ever I'm sure...so long over do :o I know I wanted him in AEW since day one then we get that pathetic return of him on Fox teasing us :roll:

Hah, even on vacation tuning into AEW :lol: That's great man, I love it ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to AEW