Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

The AEW Thread

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:37 pm

We have the WWE threads but not one specifically for AEW so I thought we should rectify things. There aren't many times when something still shocks me because the internet likes to ruin eveyrthing. Sting's debut was a pretty big surprise. But tonight...

Spoiler:

Crazy to think this segment followed Andrade's debut. Both looked like big time stars tonight. Wonder what HHH is thinking, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:25 pm

I haven't watched the second Dark yet so I'm not close as to tonite's Dynamite yet so I ain't clickin' that spoiler nor looking for results because like you said, the internet can really ruin things :roll:

I originally created many wrestling topics that was getting no attention whatsoever. I will end the Wednesday Night War one in a minute because that was supposed to be AEW & NXT combined.

Actually Packer, before we get to talking about this topic, how about this, I'll create NXT/205 and TNA Impact topics. In fact I was meaning to PM you about this but since you started this I'll just say it now. OK? You look through this section for them other wrestling topics that I made months ago (they are NOT all WWE) and start a convo about them in each one, and I'll answer you like I do on your WORD GAME and the you answer Me with thoughts, opinions and questions and so forth about whoever and/or whatever you want in that particular wrestling topic and I'll start a convo and we go back and forth...OK? Get it dude :?: :) If you are interested look for them in this very General Discussions.

OK Packer, let Me know by replying here and going to those other topics that I made :)

IMPORTANT---->By the way, I posted a HUGE AEW DON Visual results in the PPV topic that GOT NO REPLIES from anybody and that took Me a long time to make so please check that out and reply to that as well please because even if people seen it, I can't tell that they did with NO REPLIES :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:33 pm

Phew, when I first posted I didn't use the spoilers, but went back a little later and added them. I'm glad I did. Enjoy the show when you get to it. I'm in a pickle with the other topics because I didn't really watch WWE from when Cena debuted up until about a decade later because I found it mostly as dull as the current product, which I also don't watch. But then I watched Impact more and even paid for their PPVs just to support something different. I actually probably watch more Impact than any WWE show at the moment and I don't even watch that every week. Maybe that'll change with live crowds, but I've little interest in Smackdown at all, and Raw even at it's best is just too damn long.

I hope you didn't think I was stepping on your toes here, I know there was the Wednesday night thead, but figured AEW could use a proper thread of it's own. I'm glad to talk wrestling, but WWE is a hard sell for me these days so I've little to say about those shows.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:46 pm

Well dude, its just that I post a lot here and I get so little replies, Yeah, I was started thinking about a AEW topic but this is fine. I made some classic WWF topics and NWA/WCW from the 80s & 90s topics so what about them? I also made a women of the indies topic too that I'd love to talk about. Do you want Me to make a TNA topic? I can make one that we can discuss from all eras of TNA?

I get it about WWE Packer, its it hard. OK, please, don't forget to check out My PPV AEW DON Visual Reslults, I will really appreciate you reply to that with your thoughts :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:37 pm

I think it might be better to just have an AEW and WWE thread for current shows, and maybe an all encompassing wrestling thread for anything else. Most of the time it's just the two of us anyway, so too many threads would mean they might get buried as opposed to just a couple threads with more constant responses.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:42 pm

OK, we can do that. Let Me fix them up when I get the chance, I believe I have an idea for that :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:47 am

packerbacker180 wrote:We have the WWE threads but not one specifically for AEW so I thought we should rectify things. There aren't many times when something still shocks me because the internet likes to ruin eveyrthing. Sting's debut was a pretty big surprise. But tonight...

Spoiler:

Crazy to think this segment followed Andrade's debut. Both looked like big time stars tonight. Wonder what HHH is thinking, lol.

Yeah, I honestly thought he might go to Japan or something. But with him and Andrade there, Hangman's eventual title run just got much more interesting. Also those are two more incentives for me to watch AEW, which I really haven't had in a long while. Hopefully soon we'll have other title holders I enjoy besides Miro. They really shanked me with this Omega/Bucks/Britt era.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:01 am

I did not like Britt when AEW began. She looked like the "chosen one" that was going to be the face of the division and she seemed a bit too raw for the spot. But her current character is amazing, and her promos are money. It's really unfortunate that the division really doesn't have another talker that could match her. I was really surprised yesterday because I was under the impression it would be at least 90 days, but apparently WWE

Spoiler:
never changed his contract when he came up from NXT so it was only 30 days

Miro is finally being used properly. I had a booking chat with my friends after the last WWE cuts, and if I had the pencil, I'd have Miro lose the belt to Orange Cassidy,get that crazy look in his eyes and go nuts and destroy Orange and anyone else who gets involved, the Best Friends, officials, etc.

Suddenly you here a female voice say, "Miro! Miro! Stop!" and CJ Perry comes out with a mic and talks Miro down, the beauty soothing the beast etc. Miro kind of settles down, CJ gets in the ring and they embrace. Then you see the two of them from a low camera angle where Orange is on the ground in front of them maybe just getting to his knees. CJ turns, looks down at Orange and growls, "Miro, crush him!" and Miro beats him down some more.

Then you get the heel chasing the good guy in a Road Runner outsmarting Wile E Coyote angle for while.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:24 pm

OK Packer, here is My thought as I just got done with AEW Dynamite. I tried hard not to click your spoiler which I didn't then when it was time to watch the road to and the preshow I saw his pic there and I was like thanks TY, thanks a lot, nothin' is a surprise anymore but i have been going through this for years and you'd think I would be used to by now :roll:

Anyway, Black is amazing but making your first feud again Cody? Why do they always do that? I mean Ogogo is newer but still he should have beat at least several names that are known and unknown before his loss to Cody. I hate that and to think well where do they go from here now :?: I think Black has a tremendous amount of potential here and he is a spooking character that AEW needs. I mean Chaos Project and Abadon are great we need a big scary guys/gals that is on top! Oh and I dig that he is continuing/selling the Rollins eye injury :o Why did he debut right after Andrade? They did that so much in WWE because of Zelina Vega but obviously she is back with WWE on Smackdown Live:?

As for Bitt, yeah, I wasn't sure about her for awhile since WWE used her as a jobber but after she turned heel I really digged her and I like how she can be hardcore and has become of My faves in wrestling currently. I like Rebel a lot, I followed her on Impact and on the indies long ago. I love Shida (I followed her as well) and Jade Cargill is just awesome :!:

I thought that was a great Dynamite, they are really making the shows big!

Oh by the way Packer, do you watch the 2 Dark shows, the road to shows and the Dynamite pre-shows, and Outside The Ring on AEW's TY?

Ok, that's all I got for now, more later :D
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:08 am

Nah, I don't normally watch Dark and Elevation. I''m old and lazy, if you don't make it easily available to watch on my TV then the chances of me actually seeking it out online are pretty slim unless it's something like a Star Wars show on Disney+. I did watch NWA Powerrr on youtube when it started, but since they began charging for itwhen it moved to Fite I lost interest. I still check out the results fpr Dark and Elevation, but that's about it. There's already so much wrestling on TV that asking me to go online to watch more is a tall task unless you're talking PPV or when Dave Lagreca went down to Texas to faceoff with Thunderosa.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to AEW