Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: BIB RESULTS!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: Wrestlemania Backlash!

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 17, 2021 12:08 pm

I'm glad I haven't paid for the Network since the Royal Rumble. I can't even watch WWE anymore, and zombies just makes me want to watch it even less.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 20, 2021 12:53 am

I think if the Zombie stuff would have waited till October it would have have been fine but I guesd they couldn't wait cuz Batista's movie had to be hyped up during this time and if that isn't bad enough HELL IN A CELL is next month :o WHY :? :?: I guess they can't wait or got something else big planned? I mean things are getting screwed up even more now :x
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 20, 2021 1:47 pm

I hate that HIAC is a PPV. That should be an event that's saved for a blow off a major feud, not just a yearly event where they have a bunch of cage matches. It cheapens the whole idea of the gimmick. It should be saved for a match that deserves it when the build calls for it. Not just, oh, it's June, time for HIAC. It should be something a wrestler could call for when a feud has no other option. This will be the second Stadium Stampede in AEW, but it's been build to and called for by the wrestlers involved so it's different then it being announced as a yearly PPV.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 22, 2021 2:42 am

packerbacker180 wrote:I hate that HIAC is a PPV. That should be an event that's saved for a blow off a major feud, not just a yearly event where they have a bunch of cage matches. It cheapens the whole idea of the gimmick. It should be saved for a match that deserves it when the build calls for it. Not just, oh, it's June, time for HIAC. It should be something a wrestler could call for when a feud has no other option. This will be the second Stadium Stampede in AEW, but it's been build to and called for by the wrestlers involved so it's different then it being announced as a yearly PPV.

Good point dude, that would make guess way more epic and if they would do that and do what AEW. did with B & G and have it on TV with limited commercials, maybe they would get more viewers and fans but I don't think Vinnie Mac will ever do it cause he can't get that all mighty dollar if they do so. :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 31, 2021 11:55 am

Just got done watching AEW Double or Nothing. It was a great PPV. I might do a special Visual Results like I did Revolution but it'll be a while like a week or so as I have a lot of other projects to do :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 31, 2021 2:32 pm

I honestly can't remember the last WWE ppv that I rewatched the next day. This was a pretty great show, and I still got chills watching parts again this morning. I'll share more later, but this was one of the few PPVs that actually felt like good value for $50. Sting! Freakin' Sting looked amazing! And Mark Henry is All Elite. Woah!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 31, 2021 10:26 pm

Something about what you said about WWE. Yes, AEW DON was a great one, amazing about Mark Henry, I didn't see that coming!

Yes, it seemed like a good value. So you got it on PPV or YT? yes, Sting was something else, I was really impressed since he in his 60s now!, OK dude, share whatever, like I said, I think I'll do a Visual Results like I did before and it'll be a big one.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:07 pm

I ordered off Directv this time now that it's available. I'm still old and lazy and it's easier to watch something right off the dish than to order it online and hook up the HDMI cable and watch it on the TV anyway like with the WWE Network when I had it.

Mark Henry was a really big surprise. I guess not so much after the way they treated him recently in that Randy Orton storyline, but still, if anyone seemed like WWE for life, he'd be it. But we kind of said that about Big Show too, but even he came from WCW first. And ti think, Mark Henry was the person who brought Bianca Belair to the WWE's attention. He can only do good things in AEW IMO, especially when it comes to helping big men and heels.

I hate sounding like a mark, but AEW it's just so much more fun than the WWE.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:10 am

I see dude. Yes, you'd think that Paul Wight would stay but like you said he started in WCW (gosh I remember his WCW debut...good times) and yeah, Mark Henry was treated really poorly there and I think he will do great things in AEW.

No, don't be like that, its fine being a mark, I was totally like this during the Monday Night wars with WCW!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: NXT IYH!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:38 am

It's tonite , you gonna watch it? Looks to be a good card and I love the retro In Your House stuff!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT