Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Stay Tooned!!!--The End!?????

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Let's Talk Toons!!!!!

Postby Webslinger » Fri May 28, 2021 7:11 pm

Never stop!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 28, 2021 9:53 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 29, 2021 1:28 pm

OK, guys, I haven't posted in tjis topic in awhile so let's get back to actual too stuff for a bit. You guys were talking about crushes. Well, Jessica Rabbit was Mine. Sure, I liked Teeka, Evil-Lyn, Shokoti and of course She-Ra, but Jessica was it and keep in mind I was a young boy, I think she was My answer that I liked women :batgrin:

I also loved that one of My faves, Christopher Lloyd played a villain again which was Judge Doom!

Gosh, I remember seeing the VHS box of Who Framed Roger Rabbit for the first time getting it at Target and how fancy and raised it was. It was so cool. My Grandma got it for Me when we were at target and look at that price :o They had it playing on a TV there in the video department (man I miss those days) and I loved how it was cartoons and live action in a movie together...I never saw anything like before then in 1988!

NOTE: Not My pic!

OK, what's your thoughts on WFRR? Jessica Rabbit, J. Doom? What your memories of that time :?:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 29, 2021 6:18 pm

It's a great movie. I remember how cool it was as kid seeing all these different characters appearing in the same movie.

I remember having the board game and the Nintendo game though I can't really remember much about both.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 29, 2021 10:04 pm

Cool, before I go any further about it. Is that your pic from your collection? Second pic isn't showing up, looks corrupted :?:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 29, 2021 10:24 pm

Oh no, mine are long since gone. Those were just images I found online. Sadly, my parents don't remember, or won't tell me, what happened to my NES after I moved out.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 29, 2021 11:55 pm

I see dude. I saw the second pic on My phone, still can't see it on the PC however its not a big deal, I know what it is. Shame its unknown as to what what happen to your NES...hopefully you'll find out eventually. Oh I remember the game. I actually liked it more than most of My NES games. It was made by LJN...the same ones that made the great vintage WWF & Thundercats among other cool figures! They were really a great company even after they were bought by Acclaim. they made some other cool NES games like Back to the Future, Jaws, Friday the 13th and even WWF plus more. Anyway, back to WWRR the video game, I loved riding in the car traveling around. The authenticity and accuracy of the game was pretty good. Like I said, I played it a lot and I think I beat it once but I can't be too sure about that though. I still got the game along with others. I still have the VHS and I do have a small plush of Roger but unfortunately I have misplaced him, I hope to find him sometime in the future.

As for that board game, it looks great but I never played that before and in fact I don't think I ever knew it even existed :?:

OK, now back to the movie. Yes it was incredible about how all those characters were together and like I said earlier it was the first time I ever saw animation + live action in a movie together, I flipped out the first time I saw Bugs Bunny & Mickey Mouse together not to mention Donald & Daffy Duck in the scene competing against each other. I believe WFRR was revolutionary and became the standard for movies in future years like Space Jam & Looney Tunes: Back in Action. Like I said prior, Jessica Rabbit was not only a big crush for Me but I loved how unique she looked as well. Oh yeah, Betty Boop made a cameo, that was sweet. Again, I loved the Judge Doom character, I thought he was so awesome. I loved Alan Silvestri's score as well. Anyway, the movie is one of My all-time favorites, In fact, I put the movie within an all-time great classic movies list.

Well, that's all I gotta say about that or at least for the moment. If you got anything else to say about it go-ahead and say it Packer otherwise we can move on :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:23 pm

In 1969 Hanna-Barbera and CBS had a hit with Scooby Doo, Where Are You? With that success Hanna-Barbera spent the better part of the next decade producing rinse wash and repeat cookie cutters. Take a group of teens who either solved mysteries or played music or both, mix in something like a ghost, a talking animal, or a speedy buggy, and start drawing.

In 1975 it was no longer safe to go into the water, so of course, the success of Jaws would obviously lead to a cartoon with a shark. In 1976 enter...

Jabberjaw was pretty much Scooby Doo underwater, you had a gang of teens in a touring rock band and their fifteen foot tall anthropomorphic talking shark who could also turn himself into objects like the Wonder Twins on the SuperFriends. The Neptunes (the band's name) would travel all around the undersea world to places with punny names like Aqualaska or Aquahoma and would inevitably stumble upon some villains scheme they would have to thwart or escape from. Jabberjaw himself talked like a cross between Curly Howard with a lil' bit of Rodney Dangerfield's no respect schtick.

I wasn't alive when Jabberjaws originally aired but enjoyed it as a regular part of the USA Cartoon Express and Jabberjaw himself also often appeared Laff-A-Lympics as well as Yogi's Space Race, so he had more appearances than just the 16 episodes of his self titled debut.

It was an ejoyable enough show while really breaking no boundaries. Really, most of the 1970's from Hanna-Barbera isn't much to write home about, but given all the creations they came out with in the 60's, I guess we can excuse them for the 70's. It wasn't all bad shows like the Phunky Phantom or The Chan Clan, and there were still some good shows in there, Hong Kong Phooey (number one super guy)?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:23 am

Cool Packer :) I wasn't around during this era either and honestly I don't know if I ever watched this cartoon. It looks familiar however. I may have saw it long ago and just wasn't interested in it at the time or maybe I just seen VHS boxes at rental stores or pics online. I'm not sure but this seems like it was a cool cartoon series. Did this ever crossover with Scobby or any other Hanna-Barbera animated series :?:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:38 pm

Well, Jabberjaw was in Laff-A-Lympics, and I believe in recent years he appeared in one of the Scooby Doo animated movies as well as a few Harvey Birdman episodes. Heck, they even were in one of the DC/Hanna Barbera crossover books, but I didn't read any of those so I don't know if they were good. Honestly, it doesn't look like anything I'd be interested in.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions