Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:18 pm

MJF is amazing, and Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus are a money tag team. Hopefully they can continue to fill out the midcard like that, because it's gonna be pretty thin if they just rely on the Elite, Mox, and Jericho. I assume the last two won't be around quite as consistently as Cody's crew.

I'm not sure I would sign Punk quite yet. There's already anticipation built up for the weekly show. I'd wait 'til that dies down after the show's been on for a bit, and THEN bring in Punk.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:10 pm

Yeah, I can see that. But imagine Jericho wins the belt in the main event. Then Cult of Personality hits and they have a stare down.

Then you advertise that the first Wednesday Night Dynamite is going to start with CM Punk addressing the crowd. That would be a huge ratings pop. Of course, the counter argument is it will probably be a huge ratings pop anyway, so, yeah. Maybe even have Punk show up at the end of the show. I don't know. I just assume at this point they'll find a way to get him on board.

I'm still expecting WWE to do something like the first ever live NXT Wednesday show or something, and that's why I'm wondering why AEW hasn't announced the exact date.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:51 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:
Then you advertise that the first Wednesday Night Dynamite is going to start with CM Punk addressing the crowd. That would be a huge ratings pop. Of course, the counter argument is it will probably be a huge ratings pop anyway, so, yeah. Maybe even have Punk show up at the end of the show. I don't know. I just assume at this point they'll find a way to get him on board.

What cable channel that carry Wednesday Night Dynamite ... or that is a PPV?
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Hey Doc, that's supposedly going to be AEW's weekly show on TNT sometime in the fall because they trademarked the name I guess. It hasn't been officially given a date but there was a rumor of Oct 2 going around based on an easter egg note pad spotted in one of the Being the Elite vids. It's either going to be Tuesday or Wednesday Night Dynamite, because, TNT, get it?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:40 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Hey Doc, that's supposedly going to be AEW's weekly show on TNT sometime in the fall because they trademarked the name I guess. It hasn't been officially given a date but there was a rumor of Oct 2 going around based on an easter egg note pad spotted in one of the Being the Elite vids. It's either going to be Tuesday or Wednesday Night Dynamite, because, TNT, get it?

Now, I remember that ... thanks for the heads up!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:17 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Wow, the first episode of this six part series just aired on the Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth. It was incredible. Just absolutely fascinating. I'd recommend it to everyone. It was on Viceland (ch271 on DirectTV). It's on again at 12 AM ET, but I'm sure they'll be re-airing it after that. Next weeks episode is on the Montreal Screw Job followed by episodes on Bruiser Brody, the Von Erichs, Gino Hernandez, and the Fabulous Moolah.

Just saw on Twitter today that the show was renewed for a second season on Vice! That means they'll probably air the Dino Bravo episode they had almost completed before. I wonder what the other 9 will be about?
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:32 am

And there it is...boom, indeed....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:33 am

AEW Debut on TNT ... October 2nd!

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:04 pm

Harley Race Died

A true legend and this video clip says it all. He's one tough cookie and a great pioneer of Pro Wrestling.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:22 pm

I heard some rumblings that A.J. Styles is thinking of retirement. I think his days with WWE is pretty much over.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc