Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

KING KONG BUNDY - Dies at 63

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

KING KONG BUNDY - Dies at 63

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:52 am

KING KONG BUNDY - Dies at 61

Former WWE legend King Kong Bundy has died, the wrestling company announced Tuesday. He was 61.

The New Jersey native, whose real name is Christopher Pallies, was known for his enormous stature inside the ring. He was 6-foot-4 and weighed 458 pounds. People called him the “walking condominium.”

Part of his gimmick was having referees count to five, instead of three, when he pinned an opponent to show that there was no way they would get up from his destruction.

One of his biggest moments in WWE was wrestling Hulk Hogan for the title at Wrestlemania 2. He would leave WWE in the 1980s only to return once more as part of The Million Dollar Corporation faction in 1994 before he left the company a year later.

I met him once in an WWF Event in the 90's and he was very likeable and charming fellow ... we talked for 5-7 minutes before moving on ... A nice guy and loves his fans very much.
Last edited by Doctor Fate on Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Re: KING KONG BUNDY - Dies at 61

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:58 am

According to Washington Post he was 63 when he died and I'm getting conflicting reports about his age ... whether he was 61 or 63 ... and then I don't know the cause of his death and his wife Noreen would not disclose it and knowing that ... the cause of death is rather unknown and all that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/king-kong-bundy-man-mountain-villain-of-pro-wrestling-dies-at-61/2019/03/05/061dc0dc-3f6a-11e9-a0d3-1210e58a94cf_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7a73d9687210

Washington Post Information is found in the link above.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:03 am

WrestleMania 2 is one of my first vivid memories of wrestling, especially that blue cage. Never knew this, but Bundy was the inspiration for the last name for Married with Children.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:22 pm

Bundy was just an awesome monster. And I love that he was in control of his own bookings and everything his whole life - that's why he's not in the WWE Hall of Fame yet, because he didn't want to sign the contract. He was scheduled for a con this weekend!
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Avalon » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:42 pm

Favorite memory of this guy was Money Inc return. Goes to show he was timeless. Can crush any pencil necked geek.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Re: KING KONG BUNDY - Dies at 63

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:59 am

He was 63 when he died, not 61 ... I changed my Thread Title today to reflect it.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc