Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Constantine Goes To NBC

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Constantine Goes To NBC

Postby Tango X » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:02 am

Thx for the heads up S.G. LOL. I almost died laughing when I heard that line. :smsmh: I knew something was weird about it. That scene sounds way better. The con job is much more in line with the John I knew.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:05 am

Tango X wrote:Thx for the heads up S.G. LOL. I almost died laughing when I heard that line. :smsmh: I knew something was weird about it. That scene sounds way better. The con job is much more in line with the John I knew.

Go watch it. I actually yelled at my tv tonight, because it played out so well originally, and it was so clunky when reworked to get her to leave.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:14 am

Don't get me wrong. I think they're going in the right direction, ditching Liv and picking up Zed, but ****.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:25 am

Maaaaaan, that line sounded so corny. Something had to have been up. :smsmh: I couldn't develop any kind of attachment to Liv. She felt like a one shot character who got too much exposure in an episode. Any thoughts on how they could've wrote her out without doing it in such a blatant manner? I don't even know where I'd begin...
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:32 am

Maybe she could have died during the confrontation with the electricity demon (would still lose the con, unfortunately) and John goes back to the institution. In the next episode he's not as ready to leave as he was at the beginning of the pilot, but something Zed does forces him out. ****, I don't know. Goyer's supposed to be a fan, and he's a good writer when he wants to be. I'm sure he could have come up with something less slippery.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:35 am

Hey guys... Yeh I just finished watching the whole pilot and was just about to ask what the hell the deal was with that line...! Makes sense now with what Griffin said. Don't get me wrong, I liked the episode. Even Liv was okay, didn't really care now that she was gone. Just the BS way they wrote her out. If they didn't write her out, it wouldn't kill it for me, either. True, she wasn't exactly an interesting character... Anyway, the scene. That's almost like a tongue in cheek joke it was so cheap like it was a parody of when they write it off badly.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby OneNineSix » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:42 am

Guess they opted for Deus Ex Machina, Avalon...

S. Griffin, yeah I was thinking maybe killing her off earlier on in that scene, too. The con would be gone, yeah, but still waaay better than what we got with the half-cocked end. They clearly reshot the end scene, anyway, so maybe they could have also eliminated some of the scenes and story elements that they injected to build up her character, too, making her departure or death less messy. That would unfortunately eliminate a lot of the meat of the episode, too. Like her dad being John's old friend and why he's even there.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:47 am

S. Griffin wrote:"I'll put a cloaking spell on her, so she'll be safe, and we'll never have to worry about her again."
You might want to find the leaked original pilot online and just watch that bar scene, Tango. She still sucks, but it's elevated by a much more realized John-con involving driving her out of her way and past that crime scene, than what aired tonight.

Even Poochie D. thought this was an abrupt write-out. And he's a third Fonzarelli.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:25 pm

LOL Poochie D!!!! I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw that line.

Roy: Good news, everybody. I'm moving into my own apartment with two sexy ladies.

Marge: Oh, then I guess this is good-bye, Roy. Maybe we'll see you in a few years.
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:38 pm

I got to watch it today (recorded from last night) so I'm late to the pilot party. A vast majority of my familiarity with Constantine was (sadly) through the movie, so I was aware that a lot of the plot I might not be very familiar with, but either way I was pretty happy with how the pilot went. I too thought Liv would be part of the crew, they certainly introduced her like that, but I guess it didn't really matter to me either way if she was a one time appearance or if they actually decided to keep her on the show. I didn't even know upon her introduction if she was a comic-based character or made up or what. That line at the end was pretty cheap when I first heard it too, but I've not seen the original ending they filmed, so I wasn't as disappointed, which I guess is a good thing. Something I do love is that his likeness to what I've seen from comic covers and panels is pretty good. Far better than Reeves'.

So far I do think Constantine, Arrow, and The Flash are looking to be a lot better than Gotham. Granted Constantine is what I'm least familiar with in background and context, but I still enjoyed it so far.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies