Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Vintage Wrestling Collection: Final F4WNL!!!

Wanna talk about your LJN Hulkster or that weird, skinny body Samoa Joe TNA figure? Maybe you've got some cool wrestling swag? Step up to the gorilla position and snap in to it, oh yeah!

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: FTC Catalogs, Mags & MO

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 25, 2022 6:37 am

Figures Toy Co. Book #3: The third book is really good and is Winter 2000/2001. Their great LOPW made the cover and with good reason because this was the only series of it's kind during this time when you considered of wrestlers from years past even though a few of them were still wrestling on the independent circuit and making special appearances. Notice how they are on the second page carded & blood splatterd :!: There was also Glow in the Dark variants as well which I didn't get to obtain but they were really cool too :batwink:

Here's their WWF Attitude Era Masks! Also, I dig their classic WWF Hasbro section, it was really good prices! There on the next page is their Custom Figure Championship Titles. I didn't get any of those but around 18 or so years later I got their custom Jakks TNA Championships and boy are they sweet :batsmile: Speaking of Jakks, here is two pages worth of their WWF figures. I have a lot of them on these pages. The Ringside & Slammers were really cool but the S.T.O.M.P. was My favorite of all of Jakks' WWF figures. These were already going up in price just a bit and believe you Me they were worth every cent :batsmile:

Here is Just Toys' WWF Bend'ems. I love them and I have a lot of them as well. I loved how they were blend mixture of New Generation & Attitude Era :batsmile: They are some of My favorites and they were in scale with Hasbro :!: There is Playmates' WWF line. It was very short lived and is one of My favorite figures series' ever. I have them all :!: There is some of the WWF Wrestling CDs. I have most of them. If your a huge classic wrestling fan then their a must have :!: It was so rad getting them back in the day. There is some of the WWF Classic Trading Cards that I have and have previously shown :)

Oh boy, here be the WCW OSTM & ToyBiz figures :!: If you haven't looked through this topic before then you missed My entire collections of them :o They are so darn good especially the WCW OSTM ones :batsmile: Here is some various wrestling items. I dig the Luchadore masks and I have the WCW Mayhem CD :!:

Here is some more various wrestling items. Here is some wrestling magazines including WOW. They were superb, I'm gonna showcase a couple of them soon :shock: Here is some more really cool stuff. Here is some really nice looking New Japan Pro Wrestling Figures made by said company. Unfortunately this series has eluded Me since their release :roll: Now we're talkin', here another superb look at the ECW OSTM figures :batsmile: I just recently showcased My entire collection. I believe they had them all and yes, this IS the same The Wrestling Superstore aka Figures Toy Co. where My Grandma MiMi got Me My Dudely Boyz :o Their prices weren't bad considering the line was ending and ECW was too but it's just so cool to look at how they were in all their glory being sold in a catalog back then :)

Here is a terrific selection of WWF, WCW & Various Wrestling VHS tapes, now this is when getting sporting events & movies and the like was fun because you actually had it and you can HOLD IT :!: They had a ton of classic epic events like WWF's Wrestlemania 6 & WCW Halloween Havoc 95 :batsmile: Gosh they wanted a lot more for the WCW events compared to the WWF :shock:

Here is their great aforementioned Three Stooges, Dracula & Elvira but wow, they made other far out horror stuff as well like Halloween Masks of Kiss, Freddy & Jason, Michael Myers and the Crypt Keeper :blww: There is the order form for old schoolers and the back of the catalog with Capt. Lou Albano & a Ref :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: FTC Catalogs, Mags & MO

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 25, 2022 6:38 am

Power Slam Magazine: Here is a cool free magazine I got for unknown reasons in the mail around the same time in 2000. To this day I still don't know how they sent it too Me but I'm sure glad they did :batsmile: I used this as My background as well which I thought was quite apropos for it. Look at that, Cactus Jack is on the cover with The Big Red Machine Kane by the table of contents. Oh wow, great hardcore wrestling at it's finest with legends Abdullah the Butcher, Terry Funk & the Original Sheik :batsmile:

More Abdullah the Butcher and even "Rugged" Ronnie Garvin :o Here is some really great ECW pictures here with "The New F/N Show" Jerry Lynn, New Jack & Super Crazy! Sabu vs. Justin Credible! Oh wow, Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka in which is one of My favorite wrestling feuds of all-time and one of the best ever done IMO :batwink: There's a brief WWF section here with "The King of Harts" Owen Hart & "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith :!:

And here is a special WCW section of Piper, Flair, Hogan, & Goldberg, Easy E, Rick Steiner & Berlin & Saturn and others. Hogan is back in the red & yellow vs. Sting along with Luger. There's a fantastic look at "The Big Bad Booty Daddy - Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner next to the Powerslam Magazine info :smwink:

Finally here is the back cover with WWF DVDs and bonus info of the Power Slam Magazine :wwwink:

Wow, so there it is, that's a lot of great content there and I hope you liked it. If your just now seeing this and you didn't see My 3 Figures Toy Co. Catalogs then stop right now and get to that first, you don't wanna miss a single part it at all :) We shall see what is next to showcase in My Vintage Wrestling Collection, until then I'll see you around :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: BUZZ & WOW Books!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:26 am

So here we go with not 1 but 2 wrestling books that I got during the heyday of the Attitude Era. As you know I love wrestling magazines and the like, it's always good to have memorabilia of what you love :) These two books are completely different from one another as is their stories as to how I obtained them. I believe I got them both in 1999, it is possible that I got'em in 2000 however. When I saw these they caught My eye immediately and I had to buy them!

The Buzz On: Professional Wrestling! This book I got at Our local Deals whom is a sister company of Dollar Tree. Both were on Kingshighway, the Deals location went out of business around ten years ago already, We were kinda bummed about that cause We always had a good time there :roll: So one day Me & My Grandma MiMi were doing our shopping and going to Our usual stores and stuff, it was so fun making the rounds about every week :) So in their little book isle there was some books that had no interest of mine, then I saw a book with Goldberg on the cover and I'm like holy heck, what is this one :? It was quite different than most books I have seen and its very thick at only $1...how can you go wrong with this :?: The Buzz On was a series of guides on many different subjects such as Golf, Finance, Travel and even Relationships & Sex. It would be odd that they would also choose Professional Wrestling!. Other than what I said, I don't have their other books as they weren't to My liking and since they were at Deals for only a buck which I don't know how much they could make off of these cause these weren't flying off the shelves despite the bargain of a price and in fact that's why they were there in first darn place :o

NOTE: Everything at Deals & Dollar Tree is $1, the Dollar Tree on Morgan Ford is where I got My S.T.O.P. vs. S.C.U.M. Figures seen in My Modern topic, so occasionally these stores has some really cool stuff :)

Here is a brief look at the book as it is in black & white like old school wrestling magazines. The front cover is slick with "The Man" himself with the nWo title he won from Hollywood Hogan in July of 1998. Here is the table of contents.

Now it's not completely an Attitude Era book, is does focus on very older wrestling scenes such this section about the Wonder years & classic times of the 80s with The Road Warriors & Superstar Billy Graham, the significance of the US Title the end of the NWA and the birth of WCW and profiles of Hall & Nash.

Here is various stuff about the AWA, Piper, Sting, Hogan & Rodman plus the WWF Stooges write up and with an epilogue with Hogan in Japan. That is the end of this book which there is more but again, I'm just briefly showing this off.

Now this book was way more to My liking. Remember when I showcased My Wrestling Superstore Catalogs and I said I have a WOW Wrestling Book and I may showcase it :?: Well here is one and this the only one I have but an important item. Fact of the matter is it's in the first issue they ever made...a double issue to be exact :o We are treated with Bill Goldberg again cause he WAS "THE MAN"!. I loved how the cover is raised with fancy shiny lettering. It also had Stone Cold Steve Austin & Rob Van Dam on the cover as well. This beauty of a book focuses on the big three which was the WWF, WCW & ECW. It also has other stuff such as the Independent Circuit among other great wrestling topics. They were NOT kayfabe, this is one of the few wrestling books you could read that told actual stuff backstage and how it is NOT on TV with shoots & works and so on. This very large magazine is quite thick and very well published. I believe I got this at Schnucks on Loughborough before they changed years later as I have discussed in My other showcases. The book was more expensive at $5.29 as the price sticker says so :!: It was actually kinda cheap, even for back then. At this current era we're in now, a book of this nature will cost at least $10, I have seen'em at $15 which is ridicules in this day & age :roll: When I picked this book up, felt how heavy it was and saw how it was inside I had to get it instantly, it was so up My alley :batsmile: The book was published by H&S Media in early 1999. Bill Apter left Pro Wrestling Illustrated/PWI and became Editor-In-Chief for'em then came 2001, suddenly Kappa Publishing Group who published PWI assumed all the rights and WOW Magazine was gone :roll: So WCW & ECW just didn't fall, this great WOW magazine did too...at about the same time...THE SAME TIME in 2001 :o :shock: :? :x They say there is no such things as coincidences but you tell Me how is this possible :batconfused: Go on and TELL ME :smgasp: :wwsmh:

So with that unbelievably surreal trivia note being known and regardless of the incredible accepted facts, this is truly the quintessential wrestling book of yesteryear that seems to have fallen to oblivion with fans & collectors alike but it hasn't with Me :!: So Goldberg is on the insert and look at that, Goldberg & Austin VHS Tapes being advertised at Sam Goody & Media Play...oh these were some days, VHS was still going on :batsmile:

Now here is table of contents and introduction to the new magazine. A subscription page and a special section of Jesse" The Governor" Ventura, The Bag-Pipe Report, and a story on Bret Hart & Goldberg :!:

Continuing with Goldberg but this time it's about him being the villain in the really cool Universal Solder 2 movie with Jean-Claude Van Damme & Michael Jai White :o There's a Calendar for important dates and the first section of exposed which is WWF & WCW Exposed :shock:

Oh man, it's ECW and you can subscribe to their magazine which is by the same publisher and they expose them too. Here is some profile pics of RVD & Alfonzo, Taz & Super Nova :!:

Here's New Jack & ECW Magazine! Here is the International Scene!

More International Scene and a Hulk Hogan Special!

A special on "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner and a really cool section called Bombshells that highlights some of the hottest women in wrestling at the time. Some of My favorite women are in wrestling :batsmile: Here is the revealing of Sable :!:

Note: Not too long after this when she became the face of the WWF Women's Division and stealing Sunny's thunder and participating in a real life angle with her then husband "Marvelous" Marc Mero, she cheated on him with a very young Brock Lesnar and the rest is history :shock: :roll:

Here is more of Sable. Now as great as she was, she wasn't My favorite. Her is Debra McMichael hot off from her time in WCW :!: Ah, here is the Nitro Girls, they were always a handful, one of'em became HBK's wife during this time, it was quite a story back then :o Oh boy, there's one of My faves, it's Tammy Lynn Sytch aka Sunny, she went to ECW as herself with her man Chris Candido! :batsmile:

Tammy made swimsuits & bikinis look so good with her hot wide frame :batwink: There's Francine, "The Queen of Extreme" which this picture does her no justice whatsoever, she was great! Here is Miss Elizabeth, she was also a wonderful one. This book would come out a while before the "The Rebirth" of her & Lex Luger. During this she would be the most stunning woman in wrestling IMO :!: Ah, there's Jacqueline, she was such an ideal beauty. Now here is My favorite of them all, Chyna :o She was the total package. She was incredible in so many ways. It's really a shame how things become for her later on, I hope HHH is happy :roll: Luna Vachon, who wanted to be "the female of the 90s" was also great. She was very underrated. I loved her as Bam Bam Bigelow's Main Squeeze in the 93 & so on but when she got together with The Artist Formerly Known As Goldust years later she was really something and became much, much hotter, no other female matched her intensity IMO :!:

And here is a special section of a possible Goldberg vs. Austin! Then we get to Raw Sports which spotlights Roller Jam, remember that :?: There's BMX and a poster of the F.B.I. in ECW :!:

Now moving on to Entertainment, see how cool this book is, it delves into other subject as well. Here is some CDs of some groups including b]Doppleganger[/b]. Look at that babe, ain't she somthin and she's really got the big boobs too :o Then here is the world according to Dutch which talks about various personalities in wrestling including Ric Flair, Paul Heyman & Dr. Tom Pritchard :!:

More raw sports particularly skateboarding. Oh man look at that...the F.B.I. was a foldout poster...the other side was Tammy Lynn Sytch & Chris Candido :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Oh man that is is one heck of picture here, what a lucky guy Chris was :roll: Wow, Tammy Lynn got the back cover too, what a hot looking pinup that is, not many can beat then nor now, mark My words. I love her expression there :batwink:

So here is a very special "duo" picture I took concluding this very special unique wrestling book showcase...I put both The Buzz & WOW together...front & back. These are two of the coolest books that you could obtain during back in the day of the Attitude Era especially WOW, really it was arguably the best out there :batsmile:

So there you have it, I hope you liked My special showcase of these books of The Buzz & WOW. Next up will be an extraordinary showcase of My Figure-Four Newsletters from 96 :shock: Until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:24 pm

I remember buying that WOW magazine. I used to love the full page pictures.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:58 am

Cool, yes they are great. Thanks for your reply PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: Figure Four Newsletters

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:27 am

So here is a very special showcase that I have been wanting to do for a long time and is truly one of the most unusual yet crucial presentations that I have to offer. First before I get into the showcase, arguably the most important part will be the prologue of this and how I even knew this to be even in existence in early 1996. One day I got a wrestling magazine such as Pro Wrestling Illustrated cause like Comics, it's always fun to look at the ads and I saw this...

Yes, I cut this out and kept it in as best shape as I could because like blister & bio cards for action figures it's always good to keep that for their stories & company info and whatnot plus ya never know what "other" reason why you'll need it :) There was 2 HUGE factors here for Me. 1. My beloved YOKOZUNA was on this ad so that attracted My attention...

and #2 was then I saw that it was a Secret Insider Newsletter that delved behind the scenes, revealed real names and all of this stuff that they only "hinted" at on TV during WWF, WCW & ECW programs. I've always been a curious doobie wanting to know things...(I had to learn a lot on My own throughout My life) and stuff they never taught in school and elsewhere. I always wanted to know the truth about stuff even if it meant r3d p1ll!ng & going down w@bb1t holes would change it all for Me, I still want to know and I have found out quite a bit throughout time, alot of stuff many people wouldn't even dream that is a reality :shock: Well back in 96 before the major heyday of the web and secrets and this stuff of wrestling would be leaked & revealed I knew a lot here as well thanks to signing up with/for Figure-Four Newsletters :shock: Notice the form has been cutout, My Grandma did this for Me and she subscribed Me to this in late January, 1996 which was a great time back then for many reasons. I would get My first F4NL quite quickly and it was something that I was so glad that I got :batsmile:

So here is My My VERY FIRST Figure-Four Newsletter :!: Look at how dandy looking this is. It's a thick double page booklet really that feels like a folder. This is one of the only ones that had a picture of a wrestler on it and notice its The British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith and what the headline is. Yes, this WAS really your ONLY choice to know what was going on backstage, predictions of what was going to happen next with rumors, real names, relations and so on before the days of the web took over so much.

Look at that date...February 10, 1996 :shock:

These F4 Newsletters are written by Bryan Alvarez, he was starting to become veteran even during this time as he was already reporting this newsletters while before this in the great year of 1995 not to mention studying Martial Arts. Here is his Wikipedia page -->https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Alvarez

Here is what the INSIDE looks like. Long ago I highlighted a special part of it that was kinda imperative for Me back then.

Here is yet another one...check that out about Brutis Beefcake becoming The Clipmaster, the bit about Buck Quatermaine and the "future" Amazing French Canadians Jacques & Pierre :!:

Here is the Newsletter's Back. It had more news and such and notice the Stamp & My name on there as well :batsmile:

Here is some others that I have but these Figure-Four Newsletters are just examples as they kept on changing their formats, colors and adding many other wrestling feds within and even spotlighted UFC during it's classic days:!:

Here is one that they were really experimenting with in a Blueish kind which I believe they did this when they were running short of their usual types of paper but don't quote Me on that :)

Figure Four Newsletter, My Last one EVER: So here is one of big points of why I am posting this now before the year ends. Things were getting more complicated. The Internet was having it's big boom and I was finding out a lot about in the wrestling world as well as life itself. I was finding out more info online than I was in My F4 Newsletters so We both agreed to cancel it :roll: I don't know how today's generation thinks of the web or when they first used it for that matter but the way I did was purely a see-saw relationship much like the Attitude Era was. I don't like change yet its the way things go. So here is My final Figure Four Newsletter that dates April 26, 1997...that's over 25 years ago THIS YEAR which marks it's 25th anniversary :o This may be nothing to others but it is for Me cause I enjoyed these and these times and if you enjoyed anything from the past you would have a similar situation like Me. These remind Me of the past and how it was with the Net aside before this digital age where you could look forward to a "physical" wrestling newsletter each week that you could find in your actual mail box, be like oh boy it came and you can hold it in your hands and read it and find out all of this cool info, look at again and feel good about it. It just isn't the same with the Internet. While that ended then and TPTB makes us the plebeians do what we do during this androgynous age, I still really prefer this old school method so much more :batsmile:

So Bryan Alveraz is still a news reporter for his Figure Four Daily web site, it's nothing like how My FF Newsletters are but that's what is expected to match with today's modern standards. You can go online and click
HERE for his page ---> https://www.f4wonline.com/podcasts/figure-four-daily

SUPER BONUS GALLERY :!:

Here is My First Figure-Four Newsletter with the My special Ad that started it all, look at the history :batsmile:

Here is one of My Figure Four Newsletters in a special size comparison to My previously seen great "Macho Man" Randy Savage WCW OSTM Figure, isn't that something :batsmile:

My Custom Case: While you were reading this did you think to yourself, where does Brandon KEEP all of these Figure Four Newsletters :? Well if you did that was a good question. I had My Grandma make Me a Special Custom Case for'em :shock: She was excellent at crafts and whenever I needed something like that she was My go-to Gal :) I told her some specifics that I wanted and she pulled it off quite nicely :)

I was always loving detail in logos in wrestling and pretty much everything else so I wanted her to put the WCW Logo in PURPLE and the WWF Logo Blue & Yellow just like they really were during this era in the 90s. I also wanted My name on it as well. The rest of the designs came out of her mind, I loved how she did the Sun & Moon & Stars cause she knew I loved to look up at the sky all the time and look at nature's beauty...she was quite brilliant at these things :(

Here is My Figure Four Newsletters all snug in their Custom Case together :)

Here is My Custom Case with the Ad that begin all of this for Me :)

Here is My Custom Case compared with My previously seen figures of My WCW OSTM "The Giant" Paul Wight, Kenner/Hasbro's POTF 2 Boba Fett & Jakks Pacific's WWF Diesel figures. I chose these wonderfully historic figures because these were from 96 - 97 which I thought would be quite apropos for the time period :batsmile:

SUPER SPECIAL ENTRY :!: :!: :!:

Fan Letter from UK Pen Pal: That's right, I had a Pen Pal back during this era as well :o This is something that is quite unheard about during this day & age but before there was such a thing as SM people communicated by phone or by actually writing to each other via pen or pencil on a piece of a paper and send it off in a envelope to their address and then you'd get a reply from them in a short or lengthy period of time depending where their location is (I can't believe I'm explaining this, has this day & age come to this and does this generation even know what pen pals are :? So here's how I got involved with this kid (he's close to My age now I would imagine). I found this letter a long while back in My wrestling magazines that I already showcased. I don't recall his name, his hand writing wasn't the easiest to read. I got a WCW Magazine in 96. They had a fan question section there. There was a British boy asking some questions which I do not recall what, is all I remember is I found him most interesting out of all the people that was on the page. He had his info there believe it or not. So I thought's I'd write to the kid and answer his question. Before you know it he was surprised I answered him and we became friends for a brief time. It was fun at first because I was actually talking to somebody across the pond (now people think nothing of stuff like this, its like yeah their from/in another country, so what :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: but I found him to be a hassle at times because our communication wasn't on the same level so I decided to say goodbye to him and that was that. I kinda regret it a bit but I hope he's doing ok over there :)

Here is the only letter that I found from him. Notice he says I didn't know about Kevin & Woman...this in reply when I told him that they were married for years and that Kevin Sllivan (WCW's head booker for years) made the story public in the angle with them & Chris Benoit was being played out on TV because it was happening in real life thus green-lighting a first true part of the Attitude Era in 96.

Special NOTE: Soon I plan on making a special topic of Mine showcasing when I Myself was actually a wrestling reporter for a time for some web sites plus other stuff in the regular wrestling section :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

So that will conclude My special Figure Four Newsletters showcase and I hope you have enjoyed it and maybe even a bit surprised :) If your new to this fun topic of Mine get to the first page, I have showcased a ton of great vintage figures & more. We shall see what is next for My Vintage Wrestling Topic, until then I'll see you around :scbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:19 pm

Don't really remember that neswletter but I wasn't into wrestling as much in that era. That's a nifty folder, though. Too bad about your pen pal. His writing makes me think he was pretty young back then, kind of reminds me of my 9-year olds handwriting.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:03 am

Actually I'm not surprised about that, I believe their quite obscure and pretty much fallen to oblivion these days unfortunately but I could be wrong but either way its something you never see nor hear about anymore :roll: Oh yes, like I said My Grandma was great in crafts, she could make a lot :) That's OK, I'm not sure what age he was. it was so long ago. IDK about the hand writing issue, even adults can have not the best handwriting, Mine isn't the greatest I know that. If I come across anymore of'em I gotta study'em and then I'll post'em here but again I have no clue where they are, finding this one was rather serendipitous :shock: Thanks for your reply PB, I appreciate that very much :scbat: :scww: :scsm:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: 1997 Special!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:24 pm

So here is a very last minute 25TH ANNIVERSARY of 1997 special showcase of things to come in this My great Vintage Wrestling Figure Topic :o Now the majority of these My Mom got Me when We used to shop all the time weekly late at night when things were real fun and malls & stores were available and so fun to go to :)

These guys are previously seen, I just wanted to present them once more cause these were special to Me back then in 1997. She got Me these @ K-B in Crestwood Plaza during those great times. You can go back within the topic to see them in full detail & story-wise.

Here is My OSTM Hollwood Hulk Hogans & Dennis Rodman plus the Vibrating Set :!:

Copyright 1997 :!:

Now here is My upcoming WWF stuff that I only wanted to HINT AT for what's to come later on within this topic of Mine :shock:

Here is My MINT ON CARD "King of Harts" Owen Hart by Just Toys. I actually got him around the time of his untimely passing and he has been in his packaging ever since and I ain't ever opening him up :roll:

Now technically I got him in 1999, Just Toys made these WWF figures originally in 1997, I couldn't believe it when I saw him on the peg at K-B, it was like Owen himself gave Me him since he was unable to with Yokozuna in 1995 so this I believe was from Owen Hart because I saw the figure and I wanted it before anybody else did :(

Playmates Super Group Shot

Now here is arguably My most favorite of all of My WWF figures and possibly all of My entire wrestling figure collection. Playmates had a brief run with the licence. Oh man I remember seeing these guys at TRU on their huge shelf display. My Mom got Me the whole collection and got Me My 14" Talking Undertaker & Wrestling Heroes Undertaker & Sid for Christmas in 1997 from Sears' Wish Book, 25 years ago this year :shock: Here is just a brief hint of them :o

Here is their 1997 Copyright :!:

Here is My great Jakks Andre the Giant from the Legends Series. This type was arguably My favorite that Jakks made...look at that significant detail :batsmile:

Here is My Jakks Yokozuna that My Mom ordered for Me online at a special action figure store. now the Jakks Owen Hart with the Cast was in a two-pack with Bret "Hitman" Hart. I asked her boyfriend Rich if he could pick Me up that set cause I really wanted Owen and sure enough he did :)

Here is the fantastic 3-pack of The Hart Foundation :!:

Here is just a hint of My fave Jakks Series...S.T.O.M.P. with Stone Cold & Brian Pillman :!:

Here is My Jakks WWF THUMB WRESTLERS, I love these guys :batsmile:

Here is a hint of My Jakks WWF Mini Figures :!:

And here is the 1997 Jakks COPYRIGHT :!:

So there is a quick look at some of My great wrestling figures from 1997 from a time period that I miss that has it's 25th Anniversary RIGHT NOW :o I hope you liked these little previews :) Tons more of awesome wrestling figure & memorabilia goodness coming soon, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: 1997 Special!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:17 am

I didn't know they made thumb wrestlers in that era, I just remember the 80s ones. That's pretty neat.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Wrestling Toys & Collectibles