Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Experiences: Share Them!

Wanna talk about your LJN Hulkster or that weird, skinny body Samoa Joe TNA figure? Maybe you've got some cool wrestling swag? Step up to the gorilla position and snap in to it, oh yeah!

Re: Wrestling Experiences: Share Them!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:11 am

Oh so that's you PB, now I know what you look like ;)

I never heard of'em either. Looks like you had a mighty good time there I mean you even met Kevin Nash :o Shame you didn't follow his earlier stuff. He's always been one of My all-time faves. I followed him since his very early WCW days when he was Master Blaster Steel & Oz. I loved his WWF Diesel days and WCW/nWo really had the moments as well. His comeback to WWE was pretty good despite HHH had to beat him :roll: I beg the differ. There was times in TNA he seemed unstoppable.

I see you met him after he retired and let his hair go full gray. He still had his size because he has lost it quite a bit now :roll: When he went in the ring did the chokeslam it was kinda like the one he did to The Brian Kendrick in TNA years prior when he & JJ Jeff Jarrett had the confrontation, that's what it reminded Me of.

So your pic with Nash, I know that's you dude but whom is the lady, is that YOUR WIFE THERE :?: What was your conversation with Nash, was he nice and all that :?: I hope it was better than the Cornette one.

The event looked really fun and I must say I think I would have wanted to go there if I had the opportunity. I would have been so euphoric to meet Nash. I knew him for so long, he was a role model for Me when I was a kid & teenager, I hope you cherished that moment really well because meeting him and standing next to his 7 foot frame that is something I always wanted to do but never did.

Great write up and everything PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:08 am

Yes, that's my wife. I have another picture of the two of us and another famous wrestler that maybe I'll post when I have a nice day. Nash wasn't bad in TNA but I always felt like guys like him and Booker T were taking up too much time and not giving the young guys enough of a chance. The Hardys as well. I suppose that's what some people are saying about AEW and the ex-WWE guys now, but at least most of those guys are in their prime. I mean, you'd be nuts to not want to bring in a Miro, or a Toni Storm, or a CM Punk, right? I know TNA wanted to name recognition, but I think in the long run it hurt their product more than it helped. Of course, TNA was getting much better ratings back then, so what do I know?

As far as meeting Nash, again, there wasn't a lot of time. There was a line before the show so you really only got to exchange pleasantries and pose for a picture. I think I may've said something dumb like "nWo 4-life", lol, as if that's something he hasn't heard a million times before. I think he thanked us for coming out and that was really about it because other folks were waiting.

The chokeslam was ok, but I think everyone was expecting a power bomb. Yeah, he's still a large guy. Probably the tallest person I've ever stood next to. It was a little surprising at first to see him all greyed out, but we can only fight the hands of time for so long. As the saying goes, father time remains undefeated.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:55 am

I see. She looks like she is a very nice person ;) Is she Native American :?: I ask because on My Grandma MiMi's side We are half Cherokee :)

Yeah I know, AEW did what TNA did with the WWE guys. Most everybody has to take a back seat for a while if not longer :roll:

I know, Nash took quite a bit as a major booker. As much as I love Nash, I always felt it was bittersweet how he backstabbed Wrath/Bryan Clark when he totally rebuilt himself into a major force as was going for an undefeated streak in WCW and for the WCW World Champioship in the later 90s. When it was time to face Nash, Nash ended the streak and Wrath never recovered from it in singles competition :roll:

I'm sure he was. You said you are taller than AJ Styles so how tall are you in comparison to Nash :?:

Later ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:25 am

Nah, we're both Polish, but I can see how you could maybe think that from the picture since the lighting wasn't great, lol. I'm only 6'0" so it's not like I'm climbing over the top rope or anything.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:03 pm

These are really awesome shares, guys. Great to see all these pics, too. I've been to a couple of events here and there but never took any photographs and I don't know if it would be easy to find the programs for them online but one of the older WWF events I went to was pretty bad ass and during an amazing era in wrestling (at least to me) and I felt really lucky to have seen it.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:17 pm

It didn't happen unless you share more details.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:29 pm

I see PB. It's still very good to finally seeing you and your wife :) Well darn your not that much taller than AJ.

packerbacker180 wrote:It didn't happen unless you share more details.

Geesh PB :roll: Acid. what events did you go to? If your talking about 90 thru 95 than I know what you mean. Those were really great times. Give us all the info you can, if pics are unavailable then no big deal, just write it up like we did ours's ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:59 pm

Well, since I'm sharing pictures of my wife, here's one from a...nice day we had back in 2014. It wasn't at a wrestling match, Mick Foley was on his storytelling tour, and he made a stop in Buffalo, so we decided to go. It was entertaining in the moment, but I can't recall too many details beyond he talked about the Hell in a Cell match towards then end. I' m not sure if I knew the Undertaker's foot was broken before that, but I remember going back to rewatch the match afterwards and readily seeing him favor his one leg. There were other stories about growing up, but not too much backstage stuff that would be salacious. He really is like Santa Claus. Afterwards you could get a picture with him for a small price, I think it was like $10 or something. He was really friendly, he actually talked beyond the usual hi how are you stuff. He just seems like a really cool dude. I even tweeted this picture out later that day and he actually "liked" the tweet. I'd recommend checking it out if he ever comes around your area.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:59 am

WOW, now you met Mick Foley :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: I'M not sure about the Undertaker story either. I'm glad Foley was nice to you guys. I know, he makes a perfect Santa Clause. Back years ago he played the character and he just dyed his hair and beard white, I was really amazed about that back then!

I have heard that Foley is a great guy but he hates to be asked if wrestling is real and all of that bum-steer and I don't blame him :!: That's AWESOME about the tweet :o Oh I will, I wouldn't miss that :!: Thanks for sharing this one PB :)

By the way, it's really cool seeing you and your wife again, you two make a good couple and with all that I have seen so far of yours, you are a very lucky man PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:51 am

Thanks. I'm kind of lucky she doesn't mind wrestling because her cousins were really in to it when they were all younger, lol. When we first met, she told me she liked the Undertaker and one of the first gifts I got her was an Undertaker keychain. She's been to a few shows with me over the years including that Night of Champions PPV, another ROH show, and a TNA show I'll get to probably next (not the AJ Styles photo one, still can't find that darn thing). I totally forgot how many wrestlers we met at that show until I found the program recently. Details to come.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Wrestling Toys & Collectibles