Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:34 am

Oh really, then you haven't seen when he snapped and became nuts after he lost to Bret Hart :? I'll show that in time ;)

Buzz Sawyer was a maniac, J. Valiant was great too. Here is the New Breed in 1987. They were the late Chris Champion and Sean Royal. They were time travelers from 2002 :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:19 pm

I never heard of that team, but those were pretty terrible costumes from the future. The Shockmaster outfit makes a little more sense now, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:09 am

Yeah, their an obscure team. The Junk Yard Dog was a very good talent.

Here's The Masked Superstar. If you don't know who he is, he was one of the Machines and well...he's Bill Eadie aka Ax of Demolition :!: :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:20 pm

And Cyclops was his manager, lol!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:19 am

You mean the Grand Wizard :!: Amazing how young Ted Dibiase was there but boy he always had the talent!

This is gotta be one of Jim Cornette's best promos :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:52 am

Love him or hate him, Jim Cornette was good at his job.

Happy 79th birthday, Terry Funk!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:42 pm

Oh yes, Cornette is great, My attention is always on him when he's around. yes, Happy Birthday to The Funkster, a king of hardcore! Terry Funk is one of the best wrestling talents and one of My favorites. I really liked how Western he is and I loved his time in the NWA/WCW in the late 80s. He was superb in ECW. I recall him saying that he's an old man at 45 winning the ECW World Title and I'm like no your not Terry! I've always been a Terry Funk Fan, very few hardcore guys like him!

OK, I have some sad news unfortunately :roll: Darren "Puke/Droz" Drozdov has died :( We just talked about him your Word Association game Topic PB :roll: I thought that he was really rad and fun to watch :)

Droz-Puke RIP 3.jpg

When I saw this on Bing a few hours ago I couldn't believe it, may he rest in peace :(

Droz-Puke RIP 4.jpg

Droz-Puke RIP 2.jpg

So I couldn't find much of him promo wise but I saw these and thought they were good enough plus it shows you how cool the Attitude Era was an dhow times were in general, gosh I miss that but it was great experiencing it however :)

Here's a quote from you because of the beginning shows Droz as Puke!

packerbacker180 wrote:

As a bonus here's his cool Tron/Theme when he was with Prince Albert.

IMPORTANT NOTE: For now on when a wrestling personality passes away let's post'em all here so their promos and all of that is in one spot since the unfortunate death of Superstar Billy Graham really started this topic. I know it's a bad subject and one I don't like but I think it would be apropos :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:52 pm

Sad. He had an unique look, but he never really got going. Not sure how far he could've gone, but Vince saddled him with such an awful name to start. May he rest in peace.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:53 am

I know. Yes he did have a unique look, that's one of things I liked about him. Unfortunately we'll never know :roll: That maybe so but others prevailed after weird names & gimmicks when they changed or had a breakout moment so maybe the same could have been for him too :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:16 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc