Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:36 am

Huh, how about that :? In the Commercial Topic, I posted about a special plus about coincidences...check it out if you haven'y already Packer ;)

Ah, one of DiBiase's early times there and when Virgil spoke too. That was kinda funny and really good too :)

Okay, here's another promo with Money Inc. This is when Razor was starting to be a baby face :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:30 pm

These were some of the best heel promos back then. These, and when Rick Rude would come out and insut the crowd. Such good times.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:29 am

Oh yes indeed Packer, those were such top heel moments :) Oh boy, that Million Dollar Man with the little boy & the basketball never get's old :shock:

So The Million Dollar Man had a match against The 1-2-3 Kid and this is what happen and Razor is now a big babyface of the roster.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:46 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:22 am

Of course don't care how long and how much effort something takes...that was a great Million Dollar Man promo :!:

Okay, there's something I'm going to do, just watch it develop. Here's I.R.S. in one of his early promos from 1991, notice he still has his longer hair from his Michael Wallstreet days in WCW.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:17 pm

I don't remember that time but from that promo I can't tell if IRS is the heel and Big Bossman is the good guy? I always thought of IRS as a heel, but him saying BB was on the take, makes him sound like the heel. Was it heel vs heel? I'm confused.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:29 am

Oh, no, it was a regular sided feud. I.R.S. is the heel and was never a babyface. The Big Boss Man was a babyface for over a year by now in 91.

Oh that was really a good promo by Jimmy Hart & Honky Tonk Man...oh yeah, Peggy Sue :batwink:

Okay, I've been wanting to do these guys for a while...The Beverly Brothers Beau & Blake (Wayne Bloom & Mike Enos). They were such a great team, really one of My big faves. Thank goodness I still recall seeing them in person at the House Show I went to back in 91. Here's one of their first promos with their manager "The Coach" John Tolos :!:

Okay, they had one of the most devastating finisher maneuvers ever seen, THE SHAKER HEIGHTS :!:

More of them tomorrow, just wait and see where I'm going with this ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:57 pm

That looked nasty.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:46 am

Oh yes, it did indeed :o That was a good promo of Dusty hyping up The Great American Bash :)

So, not too long after that, The Coach left the WWF (he was originally the replacement manger for Mr. Perfect after Bobby Heenan went full time on the Commentator's table) "The Genius" Lanny Poffo returned and took his place :!:

This was during their big feud with The Bushwhackers which I saw their match at the WWF House Show in December of 91 with The Genius. Here's this match with The Genius performing one of his poems and The Beverly Brothers do their Shaker Heights finisher :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 04, 2024 7:18 pm

I will never not watch a Lanny Poffo clip. Miss him.

This one was disabled playback but I think you'll enjoy it too much not to post it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc