Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:58 am

Yes :? I see. Yeah, she's even looking like cowboy/cowgirl :shock: I guess that's the thing to do if they don't know really know if she's a good wrestler or not, Diesel didn't wrestle for months after his gig with HBK, same thing with Sid when he was HBK's bodyguard. They recently did that in NXT with Dakota Kai when she turned heel and Raquel Gonzales became her bodyguard/enforcer and was called "Big Mommy Cool". Mercedes looks pretty good there. I'm glad she's a champion. Kamille does fit that role nicely but shame that promo was short and The Acclaimed got most of the time :roll: That's how it was with her in WWE, so little time in her promos :wwsmh:

Okay, so this is the final part of the WBF so I'm moving on to something else after this. Here's this interview with Lex Luger in 2003. He's still in top shape here before he got sick. WBF had already been folded about a decade by now :roll: Luger says a lot about as well as his motorcycle accident.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 26, 2024 12:09 pm

Yeah, I don't know how they expected that to catch on, but it's not my money, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:14 am

How about that Dynasty promo :shock: Okay, so here's this. For a little while I'm going to focus on Sean Waltman. This is when he was The Lightning Kid on the Independence scene such as the GWF & NAWA :!:

Here's his iconic upset victory over Razor Ramon...gosh I loved how 93 was and it's unpredictable bouts, you just never knew what was going to happen next :shock:

More tomorrow :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:13 pm

I've seen that match before, but never really knew much about where he came from before or much after until DX.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:05 am

How about that, that how's Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins really got their start and it was with Edge none the less. Far from his recent and brief Judgement day stuff if you can believe that. Really it doesn't seem like Ryder & Hawkings were around as long as they have been :shock:

I see but the more you know ;) Here's Razor's aftermath plus Bret Hart confronts him about the King of the Ring :)

The 1-2-3 Kid's response :!:

And here's Razor's response :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:24 pm

Didn't know anything about the aftermath there. Were they already friends by then behind the scenes?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:04 am

Oh I recall that with Jake & The Killer Bees. I really liked Jake's Snake Pit. My Grandma loved Jake and The Killer Bees, they were some of her faves. The "Mass Confusion" stuff that the Bees would do was very cool. It's it amazing how the 80s in wresting there had Killer Bess and then in the 90s in Baseball there was Killer Bees too :shock:

They were friends backstage yes but honestly I don't know how they met. I know the wrestling world is actually very small. many talent that you thought didn't know each other did/does. I know HBK already knew Razor/Hall and they both knew Diesel/Nash for a long while before. Now I know that Michaels told McMahon about his 7 foot friend that's in WCW, Vinnie Vegas, McMahon was like oh, is he available and HBK said something like yeah, his contract is going to be up very soon and I already have an idea for him if you want to sign him. they knew Triple HHH as well but the Hall & Waltman part, still not sure.

Okay, so here is what is next as Razor ups the ante :!:

Here's the big rematch between Razor Ramon and the 1-2-3 Kid, notice the Kid doesn't have his theme yet, he's still very green here. Gosh I loved how this was. Like I said before, there was so much unpredictable stuff during this time :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:33 pm

I can see that. Vince has a thing for height and muscles. I really liked the Killer Bees. It's a shame they never got a run with the belts back then.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 30, 2024 8:20 am

Yes, I agree :) that was a good Kevin Von Eric promo there, it wasn't perfect but really that shows more realism :) Amazing that Hayes didn't say one word :shock:

Okay, now here's where the story of Razor & The 1-2-3 Kid get's altered by Money Inc. Notice how the people suddenly chants Razor :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:43 pm

Funny coincidence, because last night I watched the A&E Biography on Ted Dibiase so I was planning on doing a promo of his today, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc