Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:20 am

Yes, it was a very interesting concept. Well, WWF had the pose down match with The Warrior & Rude at the 89 Royal Rumble and it went over a bit...Muscles & wrestling goes hand in hand so I guess they thought they'd give it a go :?: I don't know. As I said, I wasn't big on it at first but then I got into because it was all part of the WWF.

Oh that was something. It was really awesome that "The Badass" came back. The feud between The Undertaker & AJ Styles was great. I loved the Boneyard Match. Still I think that it was so cool yet bittersweet how 2020 was yet it had some of the absolute funniest matches in the WWE IMO.

Okay, now, Gary Strydom is the WBF Champion...honestly I thought that many of the other guys were more impressive ...like you said PB about the Nasty Boys, you not like McMahon with all them beefed up guys...I'm not like Vinnie Mac either, I don't get hooked on just one person or thing and overlooking everything else, there's so much than just that "one thing". Now with that being said, who in the world would take him down since there was others that was better built yet didn't win :?: Well...in mid 1991, LOU FERRIGNO came out of Bodybuilding retirement and immediately was hired by Titan Sports...what the heck :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Now, here's this in studio promo/interview with Ferrigno on WWF Prime Time Wrestling. Notice Sean Mooney is in the place of McMahon :shock: This was an excellent time in September of 91 and really still today it's one of those moments like, did that actually happen :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 21, 2024 1:38 pm

Oh man, Lou looked like you'd imagine a bodybuilder to dress in 1991 with those pants, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:12 am

That was a really good Ted Arcidi promo, he was something else but shame how he's basically been forgotten about :roll: That's one of the reasons why I'm posting WBF, nobody talks about it and there was some good moment there :)

Yes, many bodybuilders wore them pants including McMahon. I wore pants like that when I was only 10 & 11 because I was getting serious about that stuff with My vanilla Ice hair style which Vanilla Ice wore clothing that was similar. It was a very cool time and I miss it :roll:

Unfortunately Lou Ferrigno wouldn't last long. They implemented a drug policy and that was it...Ferrigno was gone so the big dream match of him & the WBF Champ never happen :o :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Who take Lou's place then :? It would be "The Totall Package" Lex Luger :o So, WBF had it's own show called WBF Bodystars. I already introduced Lex Luger when he all of sudden appeared at WM8 via satellite in 1992. He's the guy to take down Strydom...right :?: Here's the cool intros with a really cool theme with him :)

I got a big one for tomorrow ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:15 pm

I'm not sure why, but Ted Arcidi is just one of those names that stuck with me from childhood. He was just built like a house and always seemed to have matches on the Saturday WWF shows.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:15 am

Oh Slick, the six women in Detroit...the Godfather before The Godfather :batwink: "Hacksaw - The Natural" Butch Reed was great, he should have been Intercontinental champ at least once :roll:

Okay, now here's this big one. I recall this like it was last week. This was on WBF Bodystars as well as WWF Prime Time Wrestling among other WWF Programming in recaps and the like. It was a cross-over of the WBF vs. the WWF in a Tug of War in 1992 :shock:

So the WBF Team was actually lead by WWF Superstar "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and NOT WBF Champion Gary Strydom :o The team consisted of Jim Quinn, Tony Pearson, Troy Zuccolotto, Aaron Baker, Danny Padilla, and Tom Platz :!:

The WWF Team was captained by Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig and his team consisted of some of the biggest & best heels at the time which was "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair, The Mountie Jacques Rougeau, Skinner, Irwin R. Schyster aka I.R.S., The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase and The Berzerker John Nord :shock:

Just because men has big muscles that doesn't mean their the strongest. I prefer guys to have bodies like Flair & Pefect, muscular but not to overblown. I remember how I was all for the WWF/heel team. The referee is actually Bill Alfonzo :!: Mean Gene Okerlund does the interviewing. Now watch this great fun moment :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:14 pm

That kind of reminds me of the old Battle of the Network Stars that used to be on in the 80s. We used to like watching those even if I didn't know all of the people involved. The tug o war used to be one of the events.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:02 am

That's cool and yes it does, I only slightly recall Battle of the Network Stars. See, that's what I was saying that they used the Wrestlemania Jam even in in the last days of Attitude Era and it was used as Linda McMahon's theme which honestly I forgot about that :shock: That was such a bittersweet & dark time if you were a WCW & ECW fan. The way the WCW roster (what was left of it) was used was so darn disappointing, the whole thing could have been so exciting and so huge but it was far from that :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

So I knew there was a better & longer video out there of the WBF vs. WWF Body Star Wars. I found it. Here's what you do...watch the first 1:24 because it has the intro and a promo by Vinnie Mac then when you see Duggan, fast forward to 13:27, there you'll see the cool outro with a quick look and some in shape women ;)

I'm going to make this a two-part finale of the WBF with a bonus :)

Okay, so as epic as this seems, this was unfortunately the last days of the WBF :roll: Here's the great 1992 WBF PPV promo/commercial/ad with McMahon doing one of the things he did best :)

Okay, here's this special Coliseum Home Video segment of the second annual WBF PPV in 1992. This features "Major Gunns" Eddie Robinson (no "Major Gunns" Tylene Buck in WCW wasn't the first, more on that at a later date). This was really cool as this was like an action hero scene from a movie as it shows you the stunts as Sean Mooney takes you thru it :)

More tomorrow :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:56 pm

That's too many muscles, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:20 am

Oh I recall that time in TNA, it was pretty good when Hardy & Jarrett was in that feud.

Yes, but wait there's more because here's the final part of the WBF I'm showing. I couldn't find everything I wanted so I'm doing it this way. Gary Strydom is 2 Legit 2 Quit :!:

Yes, he becmae the first and only 2-time WBF Champion and truly is still the unbeaten title holder of Titan Sports :!:

So, here's the aftermath of the 1992 WBF PPV. Just getting off of commentary, Tom Platz interviews Gary Strydom after his victory :!:

If your curious about Tom Platz...this is what he looked like back during his time :o

I realize this video says it's age restricted and I have no idea why. Vince McMahon interviews Strydom shortly after his second huge win.

Okay, for a little fun which I really don't like making fun of people and stuff but for decades I've known about how Vinnie Mac is about his "chosen ones" and his obsessions. Well, Gary Strydom was one of'em, here's this video :o :batshock: :wwlol: :smsmh:

Gifs of Vinnie Mac's reaction to Gary Strydom :lol:

And after Lou Ferrigno's exit...McMannequin & Lex Luger :shock:

Well, that's that. I have a follow-up bonus for tomorrow and that will do it :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:02 pm

Yeah, I don't know either. That's weird. Well, Kamille finally debuted yesterday and attacked Britt Baker. Looks like she's going to being starting out as the Diesel with Mercedes Mone being HBK.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc