Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:24 pm

She was pretty good but never really got a push like others did. Vince didn't seem too keen on "certain" wrestlers getting to the top of the card.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:41 am

Yes, she was darn good. Oh Vinnie Mac and his ways. his ways cost so many good talent and if he didn't understand something like light heavyweights, Mexican wrestling or something, it wasn't going to happen the way it should or not at all :roll: Hangman Page's theme is pretty basic but boy it's awfully sweet sounding :)

Okay, I'm finally going to post some stuff of WWF Wrestlemania Album from 93 that i showcased a while back. I just posted some cool stuff of Hacksaw Jim Duggan in the Promo Topic that coincides with his great song from the album. They had some music videos on WWF programming and released a WWF Music Video VHS back in 93. I recall My Grandma renting it for Me over at Star Video. It was such a classic. The videos are quite rare to find on YT which is a shame. This is the only version it I could find, look how the focus is him and & Yokozuna during The Knockdown Challengep plus Papa Shango:)

For better quality, he's the song but no video :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:24 pm

Yeah, Hangman's is pretty simple but it works for him. Not sure I ever heard that hacksaw song. It was...ok.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:08 am

Yes it does, hopefully they won't change it. Oh "The Alpha Male" Monty Brown. He was incredible. He should have been World Champion many times but really was underused. Shame we don't have guys like that anymore...Big E could be like that but he's gotta do the New Day stuff :roll: Lashley is close but I think Keith Lee is really the closest with his Ponce.

Oh Hacksaw's song is pretty good, not My fave on the album but still good. More to come in a while about that because I just posted in the Promo Topic a special about Lex Luger in the WWF pre-American Original. Here's his wonderful theme when he was "The Narcissist" Lex Luger. My Grandma loved this theme, she always said it sounds so much like Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue and I must agree with her :( This Tron does a pretty good job at showing how Luger was during his short time being "beyond" perfect :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:39 pm

Luger is from Buffalo. One of the kids that I went to elementary school claimed he was his cousin. Never knew if that was accurate or not. I don't know what happened to Monty Brown but I thought he could've been used better in ECW, but that would mean Vince would have to push someone he didn't create, so...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:46 am

Big Red was cool. He was like a TNA original. His theme was different. I don't know either, Monty Brown just disappeared :roll: Yes, guys like AJ Styles was a bit lucky. I actually never knew where Luger was really from. In the NWA/WCW he was billed from Chicago Illinois, in the WWF he was from Atlanta Georgia and like you said he's from Buffalo. I think there was a time he was billed from Parts Unknown when he was "The Luger". So I think the likely place is where you said :shock: Huh, who knows, maybe your classmate was...whatever the case is/was, that's awesome that you recalled that Packer ;)

Okay, continuing in random order, here's the next one of WWF Wrestlemania The Album is Tatanka. It's a really good song. He's still undefeated and a one of the most popular superstars here in 93 :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:02 pm

That certainly sounded like something from the 90s.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:12 am

Yes, it sure did :) How about that Aron Stevens theme, it's a pretty good version of "Hallelujah" and the clouds were really cool.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY :) Okay, I just posted 2 great clips of When Lex Luger turned babyfcae and becmae "The American Origins - All American". The theme is Stars and Stripes Forever. It was composed by John Philip Sousa in 1896 :o It's such a great piece of historical music. Now this version is the one that the WWF used from time to time. I've listen to many versions of it over the decades but this is the absolute best one. Before Luger would come out with it Nikolai Volkof came out with it in 1990 when he became an ally of America with "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan then in 1996 when Mark Henry made his debut he would use this as well :shock: Here's this masterpiece :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:12 am

So coincidentally enough, a more heelish Hangman Page returned to AEW last night replete with a new theme.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:22 am

Huh, isn't that weird...yet another coincidence :shock: That theme is petty good, not as catchy yet as his first but it sounds like he really means business now :)

Here's Kona Crush's theme. It's a real good one. Look when he faces The Repo Man, it's like an alternate reality between Demolition when he & Smash were together back in 90 & 91 as this was at SummerSlam 92 :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc