Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:39 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:15 am

That was a pretty good send off for Sting. I don't think it could get better than that. That was something that guy crying at 1:32, Sting must have meant a lot to him. I hope he cherishes that night like no other especially since he was there in person. That's cool they dressed up as Sting's former looks. I'm glad Tony Schiavone was acknowledged there I mean IMO he's a legend just like Sting is. He get's such low credit from people...they don't realize how much he did/does for the wrestling business...he produced nearly every WCW show as only an example. It's good Sting went out like this. If AEW ever has a Hall of Fame, Sting should be the first inductee IMO.

I thought I skipped a JJ Jeff Jarrett Vignette promo earlier on so here's this one :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:15 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:59 am

Oh I recall that like it was last week...the very last WCW Monday Nitro and very last WCW event ever and just before that ECW was gone too :shock: This is only a sample of why 2001 was a major year of change. I know Sting makes that sound so good and all but it was one of the darkest days in wrestling if not the darkest day. Wrestling was never the same again. I'm not saying there wasn't anything good after that, it's just that it just wasn't as fun and as the years went by I looked more and more to the classic stuff of wrestling and that still continues for Me like this as I speak. Now with that being said, that last Nitro did end properly with Sting & Flair facing off against each other one last time within the same place their feud started :)

Here's this short yet sweet JJ Promo in January 94. He would have an off and on feud with Razor Ramon from 94 - 95. It was very good, actually one of the most underrated feuds of not only the time but in general. This was the beginning of it :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:48 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:14 am

Oh I recall that Mr. Fuji promo. It's a bit exaggerated since Master Fuji is a villain but that isn't far from how the Japanese culture is. Man is first, Woman is second. He wasn't saying very nice things to her either :shock: Fuji was always a good bad guy however ;)

OK, that will do it for JJ for a little bit, I'll post his other great stuff from 94 & 95 later on. Now I'm moving on to others. Here's this Vigette Promo from Kwang in very late 93 :shock:

Here's his debut managed by Harvey Whippleman. He would last till late 94/early 95 but really get no where then be repackaged as Savio Vega in the middle of 95. Now he isn't all show, years before this he was TNT in the WWC. He's a great Martial Artist that knows a lot of the Japanese arts. He even does the Poison Myst from time to time :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:06 pm

WWF was so weird back then, like any brown skinned person could be a different ethnicity just because. Rkishi was a Sultan, Yokozuna was Asian, lol. Just kind of funny.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:21 am

Yes, they did it because it worked even if you knew that's not what they really are. They do it all the time in the movies. Look at Cliff Curtis for example. He's a New Zealander decedent of the Maori which are Polynesians kinda like Samoans & Tongans yet in most of his movies he's an Middle Eastern or Mexican or something he's not. He's only an example ;)

Man, that was some promo there with the future Finn and Bullet Club. Devitt & Anderson made good Gaijins :o

Here's a good promo of another Asian newcomer that debuted in early January 95, Hakushi. He is managed by Shinja who was Sato of the original Orient express in 1990 which you can still tell that despite his face paint. Hakushi (Kenzuki Shinzaki) was phenomenal for the time and still,is... His style was still new for fans that only watched WWF and not WCW, ECW, Mexico & of course Japan and people really wouldn't get used to till till later on. Oh and the interviewer is noe other than "Sweet" Stan Lane whose a Martial Artist himself ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:27 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:39 am

Oh yeah Max The Missing Link was great. I said it before, he had one of the best physiques ever in wrestling. Skandor Akbar was very good on the mic. That was good, straight forward, beat'em up match :)

OK, to continue yesterday...here's Hakushi's debut on Monday Night Raw against...Matt Hardy :!: Listen to what HBK says to McMannequin that Japanese wrestling means nothing to him...many times when HBK was on commentary he told it like it was whether people listened to him or not.

OK, here is when Hakushi tagged up with Kwang. Briefly they were known as "Shogun". I thought that was such a greatly fitting name for their team. They face the Smoking Gunns and the Gunns has a short promo here.

So after they had their falling out they fought each other and I believe that this Kwang's last match until he was repackaged a few months later as Savio Vega helping Razor Ramon from JJ Jeff Jarrett & the Roadie.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc