Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby AcidDragon » Thu May 30, 2019 5:46 pm

Talk is Jericho is not bad. The only thing is you've got to take everything Y2J says with a grain of salt because he changes his mind with each guest but sounds extremely convincing and passionate about certain things based on the guest but then changes his view drastically with a guest who has an opposing view to the last but I guess that goes with being a professional worker. Hannibal seems to do the same thing on his channel but still great interviews. If you're interested in full shoot interviews with new talent as well as older wrestlers, Hannibal is pretty good.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri May 31, 2019 10:13 am

AcidDragon wrote: Hannibal seems to do the same thing on his channel but still great interviews. If you're interested in full shoot interviews with new talent as well as older wrestlers, Hannibal is pretty good.

I can see where you are going with this; I don't know Hannibal that good but I only seen him with the older wrestlers period. Never with the new talent ... I don't really watch all spectrum of professional wrestling. I only watch Ring of Honor, and Lucha Underground. My interests in WWE is getting more and more distant and I just find it not my cup of tea anymore and putting a major belt on Kofi is a major shocker to me and I did not see that coming.

I don't watch Raw and Smackdown anymore.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 31, 2019 11:48 am

Kofi has been good as champ. Ziggler has cut some amazing promos vs him. The problem is too much Shane McMahon and the same old SuperReigns nonsense. WWE just can't help themselves sometimes. A lot of both shows are tired and formulaic. They've somehow managed to move AJ and the Usos to Raw and make them boring. Drew and Elias being Shane's lackeys and losing to Reigns isn't helping either of them and they should be top heels. And Corbin. Ugh. Enough Corbin already. I honestly can't wait for AEW.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:13 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Kofi has been good as champ. Ziggler has cut some amazing promos vs him. The problem is too much Shane McMahon and the same old SuperReigns nonsense. WWE just can't help themselves sometimes. A lot of both shows are tired and formulaic. They've somehow managed to move AJ and the Usos to Raw and make them boring. Drew and Elias being Shane's lackeys and losing to Reigns isn't helping either of them and they should be top heels. And Corbin. Ugh. Enough Corbin already. I honestly can't wait for AEW.

I was talking to a friend of mine and completely agree with you here and the main reason that I'm not watching it anymore is Corbin, Drew, Elias, and Shane McMahon ... he is 49 years of age and performing part-time is a JOKE that I see it.

I just turn off by all that nonsense. If I were all the wrestlers from TNA/IMPACT leave WWE and join AEW.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Amulet of Anubis » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:25 am

The only Wrestling Show that I watch is Ring of Honor.
I'm keeping a close eye on All Elite Wrestling.
That's all I care for.
I'm a close friend of Doctor Fate / Fate of the World and will be assisting him in both Lynda Carter and Super Babes Threads.
Amulet of Anubis
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:02 pm

It's pretty cool that AEW is putting Fyter Fest on the 29th online for free. Now, that's how you get eyes on the product. Moxley vs Omega was also announced for the All Out.

I cancelled my WWE Network subscription on Monday. I haven't been feeling the product much in recent weeks and figured the next few PPVs are pretty much throwaways until SummerSlam. There's a chance I might sign back up before the next PPV, or I might take a month or two off. Just way too much Shane on tv recently. And seeing guys like Roode who is a legit main event heel on the mic chasing a silly belt in backstage segments while being inundated with Baron Corbin main events is just too disheartening to give them another $10 right now.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Fate of the World » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:19 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:
I cancelled my WWE Network subscription on Monday. I haven't been feeling the product much in recent weeks and figured the next few PPVs are pretty much throwaways until SummerSlam. There's a chance I might sign back up before the next PPV, or I might take a month or two off. Just way too much Shane on tv recently. And seeing guys like Roode who is a legit main event heel on the mic chasing a silly belt in backstage segments while being inundated with Baron Corbin main events is just too disheartening to give them another $10 right now.

Many friends of mine has already done this. So, you are not alone.

Fate of the World and Doctor Fate ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Fate of the World
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:05 am

AEW with TNT!

https://screenrant.com/aew-elite-wrestling-tv-deal-tnt-wcw/

All Elite Wrestling will be on TNT ... in October!

Previous reports floating around the wrestling rumor mill have suggested that AEW's weekly show will be two hours long, first air in October, and be called Tuesday Night Dynamite. However, whether any of that turns out to be true remains to be seen. For now, the fact that AEW is signed with TNT is already a bit of a jaw-dropper for longtime wrestling fans.\

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:07 pm

CM Punk to AEW?

Great Chris Jericho Clip.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:04 pm

He's already signed on for Starcast in Chicago so speculation is going to run rampant until then. I'd honestly be surprised if he doesn't confront Jericho, whom I'm assuming beats Page for the title, or shows up on the first live TV show. Honestly, they can throw a boatload of money at him and would be a huge get going into the fall.

I've watch all the PPVs so far, and honestly, I've found Hangman Page, the Young Bucks, and even Cody to some degree, to be a little underwhelming. Guys like MJF, Luchasaurus, and Shawn Spears seem much more interesting to me. It'll be curious to see how they continue to book themselves. I just hope they don't become TNA Jeff Jarrett constantly booking themselves on top.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc