Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:39 pm

Yep.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:11 pm

The feelings is mutual ...
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 26, 2019 12:09 am

Man, $50 was a lot for Double or Nothing but luckily I had a buddy come over and split the total with me. Show was a bit uneven, but the last third was fantastic.
Spoiler:
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun May 26, 2019 1:07 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Man, $50 was a lot for Double or Nothing but luckily I had a buddy come over and split the total with me. Show was a bit uneven, but the last third was fantastic.
Spoiler:

I see that and I did a bit of research and looks like they are really putting WWE on hold and making them sweat. How you grade the overall show?

Just Curious.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 26, 2019 1:18 am

I would probably give it a B+/

The feed started late so the battle royal was already going on and it was hard to get really invested not knowing much or being told much about some of the guys in it. The women's matches were decent, but I kind of expected better. The last three matches put it over the top, but the middle was a bit shaky. Too many tag team matches in a row, too. They should've broken that up with a singles match. Overall very promising. Barring a drop in price I probably won't order many of their PPVs at $50. Pretty good chance I skip the next one. Could see myself getting a few people together for the August show. Really pretty excited for the actual TV product, I always thought Ambrose could've had a Stone Cold type run if it weren't for the WWE making him do goofy stuff and the PG format. Seeing him giving the Dirty Deeds to everyone in the ring made me believe that again. It'll be interesting to see if they introduce more belts. Surely a Women's, and a tag team, but I'd think something like the IC as well. A good start, though.

I thought All In overall was better, but they had the ability to pull from NJPW and ROH there, so it's probably an unfair comparison.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 26, 2019 1:30 am

The best part was honestly watching it with my kids. It made me think back to my dad ordering WrestleMania 2 when I was 8. It's the first wrestling I actually remember as a kid, though I know I watched WWF before that, including the cartoon, and as you can see, over 30 years later and I'm still watching. Of course, they've seen a ton more wrestling at their age than I had when I was young, but it's so much easier to find these days. I'm not sure it meant much to them, but maybe 30 years from now if AEW is still around they'll think back to me and this night fondly. Who knows, maybe I'll still be around, too.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun May 26, 2019 6:09 am

packerbacker180 wrote:I would probably give it a B+/

The feed started late so the battle royal was already going on and it was hard to get really invested not knowing much or being told much about some of the guys in it. The women's matches were decent, but I kind of expected better. The last three matches put it over the top, but the middle was a bit shaky. Too many tag team matches in a row, too. They should've broken that up with a singles match. Overall very promising. Barring a drop in price I probably won't order many of their PPVs at $50. Pretty good chance I skip the next one. Could see myself getting a few people together for the August show. Really pretty excited for the actual TV product, I always thought Ambrose could've had a Stone Cold type run if it weren't for the WWE making him do goofy stuff and the PG format. Seeing him giving the Dirty Deeds to everyone in the ring made me believe that again. It'll be interesting to see if they introduce more belts. Surely a Women's, and a tag team, but I'd think something like the IC as well. A good start, though.

I thought All In overall was better, but they had the ability to pull from NJPW and ROH there, so it's probably an unfair comparison.

I might watch a couple of their PPV's and see how I like it ... according to reading some of the stuff; it is better than TNA/IMPACT and better than half of the stuff that WWE is putting out these days.

Thanks for this rundown ... Packer!

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun May 26, 2019 6:16 am

packerbacker180 wrote:The best part was honestly watching it with my kids. It made me think back to my dad ordering WrestleMania 2 when I was 8. It's the first wrestling I actually remember as a kid, though I know I watched WWF before that, including the cartoon, and as you can see, over 30 years later and I'm still watching. Of course, they've seen a ton more wrestling at their age than I had when I was young, but it's so much easier to find these days. I'm not sure it meant much to them, but maybe 30 years from now if AEW is still around they'll think back to me and this night fondly. Who knows, maybe I'll still be around, too.

Thanks for sharing this. My Dad hates pro wrestling and my first PPV event when I went to Milwaukee to see Sting pinned Lex Luger to win the WCW World Heavyweight Title. I was 1 of 5,000 attended and went with a friend from College that I visited.

I hope that AEW will last longer than WCW.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:01 pm

I've never listened to the Talk is Jericho podcast before but the Jon Moxley episode that dropped today was fascinating. A lot of behind the scenes info. I was glad to hear he hated doing all the goofy stuff in the WWE because I hated watching it. If anyone has the 90 minutes free it's a great listen. I'm really excited for this version of Jon Moxley at AEW.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu May 30, 2019 3:42 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:I've never listened to the Talk is Jericho podcast before but the Jon Moxley episode that dropped today was fascinating. A lot of behind the scenes info. I was glad to hear he hated doing all the goofy stuff in the WWE because I hated watching it. If anyone has the 90 minutes free it's a great listen. I'm really excited for this version of Jon Moxley at AEW.

I have to check it out ... the Jon Moxley podcast.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc