Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:48 am

These were some of the best promos by Savage, though he kind of dips into that "about to have a stroke" look Flair got every now and then from yelling.

That Hogan storyline seems to have gone on forever and nothing against Loch Ness, but it seems like they were running on fumes by then. It's a good thing the nWo wasn't far off.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:07 am

The time of WWF Wrestlemania 4 & 5 was timeless, never been a time like it before no since :)

Yes, it was going on and then slowing down. When the nWo showed it was thugs beating up everybody every week for months where WCW didn't have chance while nearly everybody became nWo :roll:

I couldn't find this one in a shorter video but listen...after the WCW NASCAR Motorsports special, Pat Tanaka comes out with GOLDBERG'S MUSIC! Remember I talked about that Goldberg's theme wasn't his originally :?: Fast forward to 5:05 then a promo with Lex Luger happens and Loch Ness interrupts then a Macho Man vignette ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:28 am

I could see how that could get tiresome, too. That's weird hearing someone else with Goldberg's theme.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:53 am

I wasn't getting tired of it but I could tell that it was time for it to be over was soon :roll: Yes, it's always strange at times when you hear a wrestler's theme being used by somebody else years before the one your used too. Still IMO Real American is still the king of it all as we're so used to it being Hulk Hogan's theme yet it was Barry Windham & Mike Rotunda's U.S. Express theme :o

That was a superb Macho Man promo, I love the throat cut gesture :o

Really no promo from Me today but these bonuses. Here is the actual debut of Loch Ness :shock:

Now if that humanity wasn't enough here's this bonus match with a tiny promo. It's civil war with The Dungeon of Doom or is it :? The One Man Gang just won the U.S. Championship which was great and look how he comes out, he was so awesome. He fights The Super Giant Ninja whom was the Yetti...they completely ignore who or what he used to be not to mention that he was part of the DOD. Look at the size of them :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

One more Dungeon of Doom update tomorrow because really that's when the fun ended :roll: Then I'm off to do Survivor Series promos & moments ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:29 am

I'll be curious to see the end since it wasn't something I ever followed.

Honestly, these promos are so good it would've been probably better to have Macho Man win at WM5 and Hogan chase him longer, but that wasn't how they did things in the 80s.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:12 am

Yes, that would have been good and seeing Macho Man promos never get's old ;)

Well this here wasn't the end of the Dungeon of Doom, it's just the end of the feud with Hogan & Macho Man and the fun :roll:

First here's a fun squash match with The One Man Gang & the Shark. Notice Gang is no longer US champ :roll:

Now, here we go with a true civil war in the Dungeon of Doom. Nitro starts out with one of the biggest fights ever...The Giant faces Loch Ness because last week Loch accidentally hit The Giant in a Lumber Jack match and The Giant lost his mind about it :!:

On the same Nitro (I posted this before but this is one of My favorites moments ever), this is one of the last appearances ever of The Loose Cannon Brian Pillman in WCW. The Booty Man comes to the rescue for The Mega Powers then here's the backup for the Dungeon of Doom. It's Z-Gangster aka Zeus and The Final/Ultimate Solution (Jeep Swenson - he had the biggest arms in the world @ 26"!!!) thus forming the Alliance to Destroy Hulkamania :o I was so in awe when I first saw this happen on Nitro, so great :)

So here's a short clip of the ending of the feud at WCW Uncensored 96 in the Doomsday Cage Match. WWE cut this really short as there was a ton more that happen here and yes, that's The Barbarian, he joined them too. Shame that The Booty Man was not a part of this. At least Hogan & Macho fought of huge men including Zeus one last time :)

After that the DOD was mid card but The Giant would flourish and become the main event sometime after this. I'll do some more DOD in time but starting tomorrow I'll be doing some WWF Survivor Series stuff because it's Thanksgiving & Survivor Series week :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:13 am

Yes, that would have been good and seeing Macho Man promos never get's old ;)

Well this here wasn't the end of the Dungeon of Doom, it's just the end of the feud with Hogan & Macho Man and the fun :roll:

First here's a fun squash match with The One Man Gang & the Shark. Notice Gang is no longer US champ :roll:

Now, here we go with a true civil war in the Dungeon of Doom. Nitro starts out with one of the biggest fights ever...The Giant faces Loch Ness because last week Loch accidentally hit The Giant in a Lumber Jack match and The Giant lost his mind about it :!:

On the same Nitro (I posted this before but this is one of My favorites moments ever), this is one of the last appearances ever of The Loose Cannon Brian Pillman in WCW. The Booty Man comes to the rescue for The Mega Powers then here's the backup for the Dungeon of Doom. It's Z-Gangster aka Zeus and The Final/Ultimate Solution (Jeep Swenson - he had the biggest arms in the world @ 26"!!!) thus forming the Alliance to Destroy Hulkamania :o I was so in awe when I first saw this happen on Nitro, so great :)

So here's a short clip of the ending of the feud at WCW Uncensored 96 in the Doomsday Cage Match. WWE cut this really short as there was a ton more that happen here and yes, that's The Barbarian, he joined them too. Shame that The Booty Man was not a part of this. At least Hogan & Macho fought of huge men including Zeus one last time :)

After that the DOD was mid card but The Giant would flourish and become the main event sometime after this. I'll do some more DOD in time but starting tomorrow I'll be doing some WWF Survivor Series stuff because it's Thanksgiving & Survivor Series week :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:38 pm

WCW had some of the hokiest names, lol.

It's amazing how all these Macho Man promos are a build up for one match. Most wrestlers are lucky to cut one decent promo in a build, and these are all gold in the way they call back to previous events but build toward the feud.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:24 am

WCW did have some silly names yes and it part of the fun and that goes before the days the Dungeon of Doom too ;) Yes, just about every promo Macho did was gold.

I look back and really I can' believe how much Dungeon of Doom stuff I posted :o

OK, now here we go with WWF Survivor Series promos. First is THE FIRST annual one from 1987 so get ready for large update :shock: :o Here's this pic I made of one of My favorite matches of ever of all time and one of the reasons why I first loved wrestling. It's Hogan's Team vs. Andre's Team. Before the Mega Powers formed & exploded the Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant feud was the big one :!: Superstar Billy Graham was actually going to be a part of it but he had to pull out due to health concerns and was replaced by "the now babyface Magnificent Rock" Don Muraco! Also "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff, Bam Bam Bigelow & and the then "World's Strongest Man (remember I talked about that history within this topic months ago!) Ken Patera is part of this and that is one heck of a team :shock: Andre's team is even more with The One Gang (yep, there he is again!), King Kong Bundy, "Ravishing" Rick Rude & "The Natural" Butch Reed.

Copy of Survivor Series 87 - 3.jpg

Copy of Survivor Series 87 - 4.jpg

First before that huge great one, here's Demolition & Mr. Master Fuji. Look how awesome they look. This is one of Barry Darsow's first appearances as Smash as he replaced Randy "Moondog Rex" Colley :o

Here is THIS TEAM from Survivor Series 87 :!:

Hogan's first promo for the 87 Survivor Series then Heenan & Gorilla at their finest on WWF Prime Time Wrestling talking about his team during these great classic times ;)

Here's a big collection of promos, there was a couple there I couldn't find singly elsewhere with Andre and his team. Also a Macho Man, Bulldogs & Jake the Snake promos plus the cool Survivor Series 87 theme!

Here's the superb promos with Superstar Billy Graham before he was replaced by "The Real Rock" Don Muraco and Hogan is something here with his face to face with Mr. Wonderful and look at Bam Bam Bigelow & Ken Patera!

Where's the Captain Hulk Hogan :?:

The Heenan Family Promo before the event...look at the size of this monstrous team!!!

Now here's the actual match. Bobby Heenan along with Slick introduces his team then the promo of The Hulkamaniacs along with Oliver Humperdink and the whole match happens in a very fast pace...the falls are very apropos and the climax is surprising...you can tell how darn epic this was then...it's still so good and at the end THE SURVIVOR HAS A GREAT PROMO :)

IMPORTANT NOTE: LISTEN closely at 6:40 when Gorilla Monsoon says who the referee is...it's that nasty Joey Marella Jesse Ventura replies...the late great Joey Marella is actually Gorilla Monsoon's real life son :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:12 am

It was really special when they were on Thanksgiving. I get why they don't do that anymore since the NFL took Thursday over, but it was something back in the day.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc