Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Yo, Do you remember: EDGE in WCW???!!!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Yo, Do you remember: The SHOCKMASTER????????

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:08 pm

WCW wasn't exactly firing on all creative cylinders back then so it wouldn't surprise me if they borrowed from video games. It wouldn't be the last time, either.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:14 pm

Yeah, the Mortal Kombat period of WCW is amusing but I admit I bought into it and man, the theme song for Mortis was killer.

"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:52 pm

Mortis was pretty cool. Kanyon owned that character. Glacier? Not so much.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:11 am

I see and thanks for the trivia PB :)

Acid - Awesome referance of SNK there :) PB featured Glacier & Mortis in the theme section and I completed it with Wrath as he wss the final piece of the Blood Runs Cold feud from late 96 into 97 and storyline unless you throw in "The Cat" Ernest Miller in there which really I don't most of the time. I didn't feature it in this topic before we had already discussed it. Oh I loved the Mortal Kombat inspiration too, the whole MK angle was great, its just that the timing of the whole thing sucked because the nWo had to happen so IMO that basically killed any true fun stuff like that, it just didn't allow much for long just like McMahon's Corerate stuff with Foley, Rock & Austin, it just kills the fun of the stuff like The Brood & The Ministry of Darkness and besides, how can they be much of a threat with big groups like that around :roll: So back to Mortis, he rocked in so many ways, he had such a great look and yes, he had a killer theme. People like us are really the only ones that talk about him/them/BRC unfortunetly nowadays :batsmh: :smsmh: :wwsmh: Like I had said before, he arrived MONTHS BEFORE KANE did :o :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Yo, Do you remember: Brad Maddox in a CAVE???????

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:17 am

Now normally this is for WCW among other feds which doesn't include the WWE but I have been really thinkin' about this as it is a mixture here.

Do you remember BRAD MADDOX? This was all in 2012 - 2014. Watch the videos IN ORDER, you don't want to be spoiled in the middle and the end of the section if you don't already know!!

Maddox as a wrestler.

Maddox as a ref.

GM Maddox attacks Randy Orton.

GM Maddox's last appearance in the WWE.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The REAL Brad Maddox Experience!

On Vacation!

In the Yucatan Peninsula!

In the Underground!

In a Cave and NEEDS HELP!

Still stuck in the CAVE and he's going INSANE!!

DO NOT CLICK SPOILER UNTIL YOU SAW ALL THE ABOVE!

Spoiler:

Believe it or not I actually thought he and the situation was for real at first, in fact many people did including many wrestling news sites & Youtubers :o This was such a horrible thing to do to hoax us. I never liked him, he had a face that I didn't trust and looks like a maniac ready to explode. After this video you are about to see from 2016 he just disappeared from the public :?

Oh and he was in WWE 2K16 as a manager and hidden wrestler on Xbox 360. If you didn't already know, see why I said don't click here till you saw all the rest above? I wanted you to experience this whole awful thing that he did like it just happen :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:44 pm

I remember Brad Maddox, but not for anything he did on WWE TV.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 06, 2022 6:50 am

OK, good :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Yo, Do you remember: EDGE in WCW???!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:40 am

I haven't done one of these a long time. I had been thinking about this since I was doing My special Dungeon of Doom last year :shock: So just about every wrestling fan knows who Edge/Adam Copeland is and some big fans and curious noobs knows him as Sexton Hardcastle but how many knows him before as DAMON STRIKER :? While actually making his in ring debut in 1992 (32 years ago this year!) in his native Canada, he actually made his big time TV wrestling debut in WCW as Damon Striker in January of 1996 and against whom :? It was "The Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan, the leader of The Dungeon of Doom of all people and met The Giant for the first time here as well :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

In his second & final match in WCW, he fought the legend Meng in February of 1996 :o

Now I cannot confirm this but I have thought that his reasoning of leaving WCW so soon was silly as it was reported that he called his Damon Striker character the worst gimmick ever. I think there was others that was candidates for that but I'm not one to be a critic of wrestler's gimmicks because I think their fun. His Damon Striker was basically a precursor to Edge, he didn't have a story as he only had 2 matches within a month, that's not a lot of time to develop a character plus the crowd really liked him :roll:

So do you remember Edge/Adam Copeland in WCW as Matt Stryker or is this something new to you :?:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:47 pm

I knew he was in WCW for a moment but never actually saw the matches. That was something. Good thing he left, though, I don't think he would've gone far in WCW at that time.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Yo, Do you remember: EDGE in WCW???!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:44 am

Okay, that is good. Yes it was something and I think your right cause many times WCW didn't see the talent that some wrestlers have that WWF but really it went both ways.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc