Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:43 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Wow, the first episode of this six part series just aired on the Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth. It was incredible. Just absolutely fascinating. I'd recommend it to everyone. It was on Viceland (ch271 on DirectTV). It's on again at 12 AM ET, but I'm sure they'll be re-airing it after that. Next weeks episode is on the Montreal Screw Job followed by episodes on Bruiser Brody, the Von Erichs, Gino Hernandez, and the Fabulous Moolah.

I have been watching it too ... It is fascinating too and I really liked the in-depth reporting here and I totally recommend it to everyone that liked Pro Wrestling in the Past ... that's more realistic than the crap these days.

Thanks for posting this ... Packer! :)
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:53 am

AcidDragon wrote:Yeah, totally one of the most messed things in wrestling for sure were the circumstances surrounding Bruiser Brody's murder in Puerto Rico. Carlos Colon and Invader #1 are true scumbags. In recent years, Carlos even tried to capitalize on the murder by turning it into an angle where he "got revenge" for Brody by wrestling Invader #1. I haven't seen any of these docu-series yet but from what you're describing, they look worth watching!

I just can't stand that happened to Bruiser Brody and it is so sad when I heard he died in Puerto Rico.

I personally agree that Colon and the Invader are Scumbags too ... and I just find it appealing that Carlos making a mockery of Brody by wrestling Invader ...

This is a match back in 1990 and this is one of the brutal matches that I seen ... The Texas Hangman verses Carlos and the Invader.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:56 am

Bruiser Brody Murder Case

Short and Pretty Wrap this up nicely.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Thanks for posting those. I think I may've seen Brody once or twice on WCCW when I was young, but not sure. Most of what I knew about him was from bloody images I saw in wrestling magazines. I'm really looking forward to the Gino Hernandez episode. The producer was on a wrestling show I listened to and said they originally planned for 10 episodes but had to cut it down to 6. If the ratings are good, and a second season is greenlit they already shot a lot of interviews for a Dino Bravo episode. I think that would be really interesting given the stories around his death,

We were talking at work about who or what else they could maybe do and came up with ideas like Brian Pillman, Chris Candido, and the ECW "Mass Transit" Incident were a couple we came up with.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:23 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Thanks for posting those. I think I may've seen Brody once or twice on WCCW when I was young, but not sure. Most of what I knew about him was from bloody images I saw in wrestling magazines. I'm really looking forward to the Gino Hernandez episode. The producer was on a wrestling show I listened to and said they originally planned for 10 episodes but had to cut it down to 6. If the ratings are good, and a second season is greenlit they already shot a lot of interviews for a Dino Bravo episode. I think that would be really interesting given the stories around his death,

We were talking at work about who or what else they could maybe do and came up with ideas like Brian Pillman, Chris Candido, and the ECW "Mass Transit" Incident were a couple we came up with.

No Problem PB ... happy to post it and shared here.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:43 am

Wrestlemania 35

https://www.sescoops.com/kurt-angle-comments-on-why-he-lost-to-baron-corbin-at-wm35/

I just watched a rerun at my Friends Place last night and this is definitely my last WWE Pay Per View that I'll ever watch in my lifetime and I was very angry and felt that Kurt Angle got a series of misjustice when he was (in script) to lose his final match with Baron Corbin of I think should be banned from Wrestling for Life.

I just feel that my interest in WWE is pretty much a lame duck issue and I just don't care for it anymore. All the ladies that wrestled there with the exception of Charlotte Flair are not my cup of tea. I just think that WWE and McMahons along with Triple H ... should sell WWE and totally start over.

Shane McMahon is 49 years old and should not be wrestling anymore. I'm sick of tired of him. Triple H when he wrestled Batista ... he is 49 too and Batista is 50 and that match should never been made and they wasted that time on that particular PPV.

For me alone ... No Professional Wrestler should not Wrestle past the age of 45 tops.

I just feel that should be the norm in Professional Wrestling ... Both Men and Women should wrestle from the ages of 21 to 45 ... that's 24 years and that should be enough for anyone that liked this brand of entertainment. That's my thoughts right now.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:25 pm

I agree with you on HHH. Dude has had the longest Mania match 9 of the last 10 years. I was honestly on my phone for much of that match, I was just bored.

But in regards to Angle, the professional thing to do in pro wrestling has always been to leave on your back. It's what Flair did. It's what HBK did. It's what Ambrose did. That's just the way it is. Apparently, it's what Bret refused to do, hence the Montreal Screwjob. It'll be interesting to see how Dark Side of the Ring portrays that this week. Angle got his revenge on Corbin on Monday, and then, like a true professional, he got squashed by Lars Sullivan, putting Lars over. That's just how the business is supposed to be.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:41 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:
But in regards to Angle, the professional thing to do in pro wrestling has always been to leave on your back. It's what Flair did. It's what HBK did. It's what Ambrose did. That's just the way it is. Apparently, it's what Bret refused to do, hence the Montreal Screwjob. It'll be interesting to see how Dark Side of the Ring portrays that this week. Angle got his revenge on Corbin on Monday, and then, like a true professional, he got squashed by Lars Sullivan, putting Lars over. That's just how the business is supposed to be.

Thanks for reminding me ... I totally forgot about this and you were right on the nose!

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:33 pm

Yep, I was a little bummed Angle lost, too, but then when you stop and think about it that's just the way it should be.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:17 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Yep, I was a little bummed Angle lost, too, but then when you stop and think about it that's just the way it should be.

Understood and that's make Kurt more humbling and gracious too.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc