Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:50 am

I liked the randomness of it. And the swerve. Everyone was expecting Becky for weeks and they took her off the chess board earlier in the show. That being said, why was Ric already late if Batista hadn't attacked him yet? Flair being Flair? It would've made more sense for the camera to go to the room and either Batista jumps him as he's coming out or the camera goes loooking for Flair and opens the door to find Big Dave in there pummeling him. Small gripe.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:14 am

Yeah, EVERYONE was expecting Becky to crash the party, but this was a switch that makes sense. (I also love Ronda advocating for Becky to be her opponent. She has trouble being a face out of the ring, but that's a great way to make her one.)

I wondered the same thing you did about Flair, but I started to think that maybe he had beaten up Flair already and was just going to find a cameraman to tell the world. Like, the noise was because he was tossing things around to drag Flair out of the dressing room, or maybe had Flair in a closet or something until Batista was ready to drag him out?
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:04 am

Yeah, I guess that could make sense. Not sure though how we got Reigns' return and Flair's 70th birthday and somehow HHH and Steph were on TV more than either of them, lol. Oh, those McMahons.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:38 pm

Wrestlemania 35 will be the worst one in History ... many of my friends feels that McMahon needs to get his head on straight and the Triple H and Batista match will be a joke and I feel that Becky Lynch will lose and eventually Rousey will leave WWE and that leave Charlotte Flair as a winner and that's no given. To me, Lynch and Rousey will leave WWE because they are fed up of Stephanie McMahon ... I feel that in 5 years from now AEW will bury WWE and ROH will eventually overtake it ...

Top 3 Wrestling Promotions in 5 years from now

1) AEW
2) ROH
3) WWE
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:35 pm

Kurt Angle's Retirement Match

This is one of many ills that I have been reading and the fans are very upset about it.

I've a feeling that WWE is going to be hit very hard and Wrestlemania 35 will be one of the worst in history.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:43 pm

More Woes from WWE

The top video is a MUST SEE and Dean's future is not very good and he's one of my favorites.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:15 pm

WWE will be in big trouble by this October when AEW will have its first weekly show on Television and C.M. Punk is getting very angry with Vince and McMahon will not release him so that he can join AEW. There are potentially 15-20 WWE wrestlers are fed up with McMahon and Triple H and that's not good at all. IMPACT Wrestling may get some of the departed WWE wrestlers too and along with Lucha Underground. Things aren't rosy anymore in WWE and that's not good at all. It's real UGLY and both RAW and SMACKDOWN fans are getting more angrier by the week and Wrestlemania is not going to be successful.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:11 pm

Wow, the first episode of this six part series just aired on the Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth. It was incredible. Just absolutely fascinating. I'd recommend it to everyone. It was on Viceland (ch271 on DirectTV). It's on again at 12 AM ET, but I'm sure they'll be re-airing it after that. Next weeks episode is on the Montreal Screw Job followed by episodes on Bruiser Brody, the Von Erichs, Gino Hernandez, and the Fabulous Moolah.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:19 pm

The Bruiser Brody episode was debuted on youtube but won't air on TV for a few weeks. It is available on demand, too for free. I knew a lot about the Macho Man story already, some small anecdotes were neat and all. But I didn't know as much about Brody and this was truly fascinating, sad, and infuriating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inXF6i3TvvU&t=6s
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:55 am

Yeah, totally one of the most messed things in wrestling for sure were the circumstances surrounding Bruiser Brody's murder in Puerto Rico. Carlos Colon and Invader #1 are true scumbags. In recent years, Carlos even tried to capitalize on the murder by turning it into an angle where he "got revenge" for Brody by wrestling Invader #1. I haven't seen any of these docu-series yet but from what you're describing, they look worth watching!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc