Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:13 pm

I wished we'd see more after match promos. I get guys are tired and stuff, but it would add more emotion and not feel so scripted and set up, especially WWE.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:24 am

Oh I know PB, that is one of the so many things that is missing in today's wrestling, so many things :roll:

That's funny you posted Macho's proposal to Elizabeth, that would bring the Match made in Heaven at WWF SummerSlam 91, so cool :) Back to that in a minute.

Here's Ric Flair, The Giant & Jimmy Hart at Clash of the Champions 32 on January 23rd, 96.

Now back to before, I say it's a funny as in weird because My next clip I had in mind with no promo from the same event above would have the return of Miss Elizabeth with the Mega Powers and which this also brought back Woman as well which if you ever wanted to see Woman as a deceiving face with Hogan, this is it ;)

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:43 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:I wished we'd see more after match promos. I get guys are tired and stuff, but it would add more emotion and not feel so scripted and set up, especially WWE.

Agreed. You get those a lot more in indie shows and in Japanese events. A lot of the old territories material that I've watched to catch up on the older wrestling had post match promos. Really makes it feel more like a legit sport, too.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:05 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:52 am

Baron Von Raschke was really good, he was so unusual yet intimating.

Ric Flair, The Giant & Jimmy Hart take over the Nitro Commentators table talking about SuperBrawl 96 :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:30 pm

I've always hated Flair's hair cut like that.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:28 am

That was a really good Lance Storm promo. Too bad the PG era happen, they could have done that with Randy Orton :roll:

Here's this sweet Hogan WCW Nitro Promo/Commercial :)

As a bonus here's The Yetti (that's how he name is spelled on the set there!) as a ninja as I said about before :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:34 am

The Nashville Network!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:29 am

That was some promo there :lol: :batsmh: :wwshock: :smsmh: Oh yes, that was something else when ECW was on TNN. Things were changing even then when networks were going a different route...by this time TNN really turned away from their great country stuff that made them what they were by getting wrestling into on the channel. Now that's wasn't a bad decision mind you however don't quote Me here but I believe it started the trend with MTV and so on :roll: Now the strange thing is WWE would end ECW and they would be on TNN till it was over....around the same time a weird thing happen with the video games, Acclaim made the WWF games for years, THQ who was making WCW video games then took advantage of their contract expiring and jumped in to make WWF games right when Acclaim's partnership with the WWF ended...this TNN & USA and Acclaim & THQ deal back then has always been one I found just a little odd :shock:

OK, I couldn't find what I was looking for but no biggie, in the mean time here's this when Mr. Wonderful found himself thanks to Gary Spivey :o Oh I thought that this was so funny back then in 1995, such a good time :)

Now as you heard Gary Spivey say he's "Mr Wonderful" and he knows it too...well here's his BONUS theme, My Grandpa just just loved this :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:30 pm

I was a big Mr. Wonderful fan as a kid. I had his thumb wrestler.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc