Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:52 am

So here we go with WCW World War 3 :)

Hogan & Macho are no longer part of the darkside along with Sting :batsmile:

After 60 men have entered, the Powers of Pain returned as a new masked team called the Super Assassins and The Yeti whom is now a ninja was eliminated first :o Here's is the controversial climax to WW3 :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:25 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:51 am

That was a great Dick Murdock promo there, such good times there when wrestling was wrestling ;)

Here's the promo by the Macho Man the night after WW3 on Nitro. When I first saw this I thought it was so cool. I loved the mystery about Luger & Sting and who couldn't be trusted as well & the commentators at the end kept the suspense going :)

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:03 am

You forgot to post the promo!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:03 am

OK, I fixed it. As a side note when The Giant chokeslams Savage, he really hurt his already hurt left arm. He would have it bandaged up for a long time, almost as worse as Ace Cowboy Bob Orton's forearm :o Now check that controversial promo :)

That was such a great promo from the WWF Survivor Series 89. I recall it like yesterday when We rented the event from Verna's Mr. T's Video Rental Store, I was so excited about that when it happen when it was so fun seeing wrestling like that. All of them shined especially Hogan & The Warrior but My fav of the bunch was Demolition and what they said because they fought each other at the 89 Royal Rumble because Ax drew #1 and Smash drew #2...that stuck with them for nearly a year and this was such a time, again 89 was a good year :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:16 am

BrandonDaCollector wrote:That was a great Dick Murdock promo there, such good times there when wrestling was wrestling ;)

Here's the promo by the Macho Man the night after WW3 on Nitro. When I first saw this I thought it was so cool. I loved the mystery about Luger & Sting and who couldn't be trusted as well & the commentators at the end kept the suspense going :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:OK, I fixed it. As a side note when The Giant chokeslams Savage, he really hurt his already hurt left arm. He would have it bandaged up for a long time, almost as worse as Ace Cowboy Bob Orton's forearm :o Now check that controversial promo :)

That was such a great promo from the WWF Survivor Series 89. I recall it like yesterday when We rented the event from Verna's Mr. T's Video Rental Store, I was so excited about that when it happen when it was so fun seeing wrestling like that. All of them shined especially Hogan & The Warrior but My fav of the bunch was Demolition and what they said because they fought each other at the 89 Royal Rumble because Ax drew #1 and Smash drew #2...that stuck with them for nearly a year and this was such a time, again 89 was a good year :)

OK, I quoted Myself to make sure I had your attention about My mistake. That Survivor Series 89 was arguably the best promo of the event's entire history. Too bad WWE didn't include the arena footage about it being sold out before the promo and after it Vinnie Mac's match-up announcement :roll: So now we're in December of 95, the match of The Giant vs. Macho Man is progress...WATCH The Giant climp and DO SPLASH and alsoa DROP KICK :o After the climax a cool promo of Macho & Hogan soon follows, you can notice the WCW World Champion Savage's arm is heavily taped up now!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:04 am

The Giant off the turnbuckle was something.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:39 am

Yes it was, he did some insane moves back then which people say about how the big men move today, well they need to see what Paul "The Giant: Wight did back then.

That was some Lord Regal & Rock promo there, still in 2000!

So here we are in the middle of January 1996, you can tell that things was changing in more than one way. Here's when The Dungeon of Doom and The Four Horsemen first encountered each other to start their unexpected alliance which this history is pretty uncanny. Check out Arn & Flair! This was the beginning of Pillman's ticking time bomb/loose cannon gimmick!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:22 pm

Nothing against the Dungeon, but the two stables really seem like they belong to two different companies.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:18 am

Yes, they are far different from each other. That Murderhawk promo was great, IMO he should have been AEW World Champion at least a couple times :roll:

So Macho lost the title to Flair just a little while ago, unlike when he lost the WWF Title back in 92, he never got his rematch, instead it was Bret Hart who beat Flair but now fast forward to late January 95 he got his rematch against The Nature Boy and wins...then one of Macho's best promos ever IMO happen :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc