Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:08 am

Yeah, the Dingo Warrior was an odd choice, but Australia was all the rage in the early to mid-80s. It is weird seeing the Warrior cut a fairly coherent, relatively normal volume promo, lol. That didn't last long.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:49 am

I know it was, he should have at least tried to put on a accent whether it was bad or not and yes he seemed kinda normal there. The Kangaroo were good, they a had good old fashion promo style that was like, you really don't need to be entertaining, just be there and do it!

:o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:03 pm

The best part of that is Gene turning around because he can't keep it in. And there's no way anyone would be allowed to say that today, sadly.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:45 am

Yes, Mean Gene had a hard time at that in his earlier years, even during his early WWF days, it's just sometimes hard with some people, even the most well known ones. Oh Otto Wans & "The Crippler" Ray Stevens, that was a great promo. Shame both legends are gone :roll:

OK, here's a double feature from the IPW, "Jumpin" Jeff Farmer & Motley Cruz plus their match :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:40 pm

nWo Sting!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:47 am

OK, as special BONUS - WCW as COBRA of all names in 95 :o

His only big feud was with Sgt. Craig Pittman, it was C.I.A. vs. U.S. Army!

As nWo Sting in 96 + you see the real Sting just before his brooding Sting Crow days :shock:

OK, back to regular scheduled promos ;) Here's Gorgeous JR from IPW!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:24 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:59 am

That Ric Flair one was one of his best!

WATCH THIS old WWF match & promos. Gary Michael Cappetta, he kinda looks like Pee-wee Herman here but he really shines here way, way before his WCW days :o Look at how JIM DUGGAN LOOKS :o This is actually GAIJIN HOGAN that predates Thunderlips and he had his near 7 foot height too! Blassie is great. Bob Backlund has a promo. Look at Pat Paterson, he & Vinnie Mac are on commentary and listen what they say! Hogan Hammer...another one of Vinnie Mac's love for ancient mythology :!: This is so great :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:35 pm

Everyone looks so young there. Hogan had hair. Duggan didn't have as much of a potbelly, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:34 am

Rood & Scott D'Amore, what a team. Well just not that but Duggan is way smaller there too. Like some of the comments in that video, the crowd had no idea what they were watching and had no idea how huge in name & popularly Hogan & Hacksaw would become years later within the decade and beyond that :lol:

The Andy Kaufman & Jerry Lawler feud happen when I was only a year old but when it was time I made up for it and knew the story. There's been so many celebs that had no place in the sport that made it into wrestling and all that but the Jerry Lawler & Andy Kaufman rivalry was the absolute best feud of the kind IMO, it was so classic and really that is what got Southern Wrestling on the map and really helped "The King" to get where he is today.

Here's this unfortunate yet short promo :roll:

BONUS from My Hall of Fame spotlight earlier this year :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Image

Andy Kaufman: I was darn near shocked that finally, FINALLY Andy Kaufman is going to be inducted in the Celebrity Wing slot. In fact IMO he should have been THE FIRST ENTRY before all of the celebs and the reasoning why he wasn't is beyond Me :roll: It should have happen way before Arnold, Shatner, Drew Carey, Snoop Dogg and even dare I say it, even more so than Pete Rose :o Why :? He was the first celeb that got involved in wrestling and really put the sport on the map to those who didn't know about it or didn't care about it. It all started with Jerry "The King" Lawler whom was already becoming a veteran. Not that long ago he was on Raw Talk or SmackDown LowDown telling the kids of today how special these moments were provided they were even watching and now I suspect that he will induct him (he was bad sick earlier but is better now) to immortality after all of these decades, I thought would never happen :o

So here's Jerry's HOF speech, he was at home recovering from being ill.

Andy's sister :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc