Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:47 am

They're grrrrrrrrrrreat!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:50 am

I was kinda in awe that WCW got Tony the Tiger back then ;) IWA was good, it was formed by Ian Rotten whom was Axel's kayfabe brother. That's when DDP was starting to go places, he wasn't there yet however.

OK, here's this from the very first SummerSlam 88, 35 years ago this year when The Ultimate Warrior beat The Honky Tonk Man for the IC Title! Oh and Superstar Billy Graham in on commentary with Gorilla Monsoon :!: This was so awesome indeed :)

By the way, Gunther just beat Drew at SummerSlam 2023 in a great match, Gunther is STILL going for Honky Tonk Man's RECORD :o

OK, since I got that far I decided to just make it a big finale of SummerSlam. It will be 96 - 2002 with the beginnings and the last days of the Attitude era!!

OK, back to differeny & random promos tomorrow :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:33 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:47 am

Oh I loved the early days of Raven's Flock in WCW. I know WCW always get's a bad wrap on things but like I said before at least they tried to do a lot more than WWF like Halloween Havoc, in fact that's one of the things that I always liked WCW more and found them more fun at times.

OK, to counteract/coincide with your Taz promo the other day, here's BRAKKUS that Taz was talking about. He feuded with him in ECW. BRAKKUS was also in USWA which was basically WWF's training ground with ECW since SMW went under a while before. BRAKKUS was going to be Vinnie Mac's "new muscle monster" (He had Gary Strydom in 91 & 92 but WBF didn't work, he had Ludvig Borga in 93, got injury prone which I loved both of them!) and then he found BRAKKUS. He was a German bodybuilder trained by Bret Hart, Mark Henry, The Rock and Tom Pritchard. His wrestling career wasn't long, he got injured in 1999 and retired so Vinnie Mac had to look else where for yet another monster...in 2002 he found him and his name was Brock Lesnar and he searched no more! So here is BRAKKUS, I thought he was something else!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:21 am

He just makes me think of the dog from Animaniacs, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:27 am

That was a great promo of Shane Douglas. He's always been one of My favorites. This was a bit after he left WCW after he & Ricky Steamboat was no more as a great team. He was such a player in ECW and when I think of ECW I think of him however I have never considered him the "THE FRANCHISE'. Why :? Because he was never truly faithful to ECW because a year later he went back to the WWF (he was there in 1990 & 1991) and became Dean Douglas which I really loved that gimmick, it was such a fun but very brief run then he went back to ECW, stayed there till 2000, went back to WCW and so on. IMO The "REAL" franchise of ECW was Tommy Dreamer. He was there nearly the beginning of ECW till it's very last moment. I think the same about Sting & WCW as well!

So today is Hulk Hogan's 70th Birthday :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: I'm gonna do a little something different about him here. When we talk & show Hogan its usually his classic stuff in the 70s, 80s & early 90s, 2000s and later. This will be some of his early WCW nWo promos in 96 for today :batwink: Now when this all first happen I thought it was awesome seeing Razor Ramon Diesel in WCW and I wasn't mad or whatever about Hogan turning heel, I thought is such a radical turnaround however this was one of the many things in 96 that I saw the coming of change :roll:

BONUS HINT/PROLOG that Bobby Heenan tried to warn US :?

Hogan turns heel! Bobby Heenan tried to tell us for decades but nobody, nobody would listen...see what happens when you don't listen to a Brain :batsmh:

Here's Hogan's first interview after he betrayed WCW. Notice how Sting's hair is brunette. This was part of the big story that I said about in My Crow Movie spotlight a while back. He was in the stages of becoming The Crow Sting only in mere weeks!

Cool Hogan & nWo promo!

Hollywood Hogan in the nWo champion!

As a sweet bonus here's this from Eric Bischoff in 97!

Again, Happy Birthday to "The Hulkster"/"Hollywood"/"The Immorta"l Hulk Hogan :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:10 pm

Happy birthday! Hulkamania still runnin' wild!

I missed that era of WCW. I saw the Bash promo a few times, but not really the rest.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:32 am

That was some darn good yet emotional times there. This is really the time when Piper turned face, disappeared from wrestling for a while to be a movie star. He got one of the biggest pops ever when he returned to the WWF a while later. It was great when Andre turned heel. This whole thing here is really the true beginning of the classic WWF stuff we all love :) Also it was amazing that nearly 10 years later Paul Wight would debut, act like Andre's son, throw him Andre's white shirt and rip off Hogan's cross like Andre did. I'll post that for around Halloween time or so because it was the beginnings of the Dungeon of Doom and arguably My favorite time ever in wrestling :)

OK, back to our regular scheduled promos ;) OK, a while back you posted Eddie Gilbert with The Blade Runners, here is when
was still managing. The Blade Runners had broken up, Rock turned into The Dingo Warrior in the WCCW. Sting became his own and really never changed and they introduced a new wrestler named Rick Steiner! Scott wasn't there yet, Sting & Rick teamed a lot back them in the NWA/WCW so here it is oh and very young Jim Ross :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:14 pm

Never saw that. First time I heard of the Steiners was when they popped up in the WWF.

Since you mentioned him...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:32 am

OK, back to what you said. I know you missed that era of WCW. It was truly good. I really suggest that you do catch up, you'll be like holy crap that was fun. Peacock has the Nitros, Thunders & PPVs. It would be a great way to spend time when you have it or you don't know what to with your day. I would either start at the beginning of 1996 because you'll see Hogan when he's still red & yellow and when him & macho Man are still battling The Dungeon Doom. Or at least start and see the Nitro when Scott Hall started it all and continue from there! When you watch this older wrestling it goes by so fast your like it's over and then you want more ;)

Oh yes, there he is. Rock is now Dingo Warrior. He moved from UWF to WCCW. Notice he has longer hair and a mustache and his persona isn't like The Ultimate Warrior. The thing is he wasn't Australian but this was his precursor!

So as a continuation here is "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert and part of his "Hot Stuff" International with Sting & Rick Steiner who are now UWF Tag Team Champions. They beat "Gentleman" Chris Adams & "Terrific" Terry Taylor. Adams is the one that was married to Jeannie "Lady Blossom" Clarke, I talked & about & showed her a little while ago because was she Steve Austin's wife! Austin cheated on his first wife with Clarke then Adams divorced her so Clarke could be with Austin, a complicated weird affair there :batshock: :wwshock: So Gilbert really shines here and this was the true beginning of Sting being a top star but darn Adams & Taylor is really stunned here.

NOTE: UWF went out of business very shortly after this :roll: However "Hot Stuff" International went to the NWA/WCW and continue their success. Adams went back to England and a year later Taylor went to the WWF as "Scary" Terry Taylor, he teamed with Sam Houston (Jake Robert's real-life brother) fighting The Conquistadors on an August edition of WWF Prime Time Wrestling which was 35 years ago this year in this very month which that gimmick didn't last long at all :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc