Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:19 pm

Oh indeed PB, there will never be ones like those you said and thanks for saying about Hogan & Warrior :) And yes even Hogan & Rock too, that was also pretty epic (20 years ago this year by the way) :!:

Oh man, I was really surprised by the Seth Rollins' mystery Opponent, I was so hoping it would happen and it did and IMO this was one of the most shocking, unbelievable, moments ever to happen at a Wrestlemania or at any time in wrestling in any era for that matter :o So in honor of that here is this!

Seth Rollins - I love his theme, when he debuted it last year for MITB, I thought it was truly going to be a new beginning for him because to Me this says absolutely legit and world champ all over it especially when the crowd sings it. Unfortunately the crowds has slowed down about it and has lost steam over time, darn people never keep a good thing goin' :roll:

Cody Rhodes - IDK about others but to Me will he always be AEW's biggest name, original face of the company and now their biggest traitor :shock: I mean this isn't like Hall & Nash jumping ship from WWF to WCW in 96...they were just wrestlers t start the war...Cody was one of the founding fathers of AEW and arguably the most important piece of the company's history! Without him AEW wouldn't have been the fed we know today and quite possibly wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for him!

Oh I'm gonna talk MORE about this IN TIME believe you Me :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:32 am

I like Cody. I actually really liked the Dashing Cody gimmick. I think he got to the point in AEW where he was "chasing the hug" too much as they say, trying too hard to get cheers, and it came off as fake a bit. The whole feud with Ogogo and the ra-ra USA speech just felt lame. And the flaiming table spot seemed needless and just trying to get the pop for the sake of the pop when it felt out of place for that match. Also, Brandi. Yick. She somehow managed to make Dan Lambert likable She's not a good wrestler and not great on the mic either. Cody says his leaving AEW didn't have anything to do with money or control, and I honestly think it had something to do with Brandi being on TV. The crowds hated her and I wonder if TK wanted to take her off the air and it pissed Cody off? I can't think of anything else. She just doesn't come off as likable IMO, even in that Rhodes to the Top show.

I thought the Seth match was pretty good, though his being the opponent wasn't anymore of a shock than CM Punk showing up in AEW, everyone knew/assumed weeks in advance.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:22 am

Oh remember we talked about Cody and the WWE a while back :?: I knew but after that I didn't want to confirm it as I wanted to be surprised for WM stuff. I didn't check out any news vids since. I hate being spoiled :roll: Cody is good, no question about it. I liked Brandy and I thought she was improving but I wasn't liking her attitude on the mic and stuff especially a couple years ago when she was part of the collective :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:13 am

OK, so more classic stuff, it's gonna be another one of JJ Jeff Jarrett!

Here is his WWF theme I just loved his early days in the WWF which was late 93 - thru very early 96. He had a great theme and so good feeling :)

Here is his WCW tenure in late 96 - early 97, it was a great one but really didn't last that long. His theme was arguably even better. He never wore the great 8 outrageous outfits there though. Oh and yes, that is Debra, he had a thing with her even then and then they left WCW and a while later they were back together in the WWF :o

That's all for now, until the next one ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:38 am

Ludvig Borga - I just loved him, I loved his expressions and uncanny power. I remember when he debuted in 93 in the WWF, kinda sad about him if you followed his life though :roll: Before Cesaro did the very European uppercut and before Lesnar the unhuman monster, there was the Viikinki :!:

By the way, I'm finally gettin' to it and gonna do Yo, Do You Remember and it will be 1993 INCLUDING Giant Gonzales on Baywatch cause I found it :o So look for that sometime soon :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:44 am

I know the name, can't say I ever saw him wrestle as those were the years I skipped.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:32 am

Oh man, he was great, didn't last that long due to injury but I loved him :) 93 was good too :)

Ah, S.D. Jones, another classic name you don't hear often, shame cause he was a good one. One thing he has always been known for however was being the victim of King Kong Bundy by being beatin in seconds in the first Wrestlemania in 1985 :roll:

Speaking of Bundy,I loved him too, should have been world champ at least once. Here is 2 themes that was never used which is a shame. The first is was a neglected one and the other was only used in 2K14.

That's all for now ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:36 am

I believe the first Bundy theme is used as his theme in the Legends of Wrestlemania game.

Here's my contribution, the late great Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart because I finally added his WWE Elite Series 74 figure to my collection of wrestling legends.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:37 am

For Edge and his sudden K-Mart blue light special powers....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:07 am

Haha, I remember when the Hardy Boyz ended up joining the Brood, too. I remember when they debuted and for some reason Michael Hayes was their manager and dressed in their weird emo clothes ie: tight tee and cargos. Suddenly they were part of the Brood even though they were feuding and they started using Gangrel's flame circle entrance.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc