Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:57 am

I've heard their name but never saw them on NXT.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:34 am

Well their really good.

That was really video of The Briscos & Precious Paul & LOD. Here's 2 of'em with the Road warriors & Paul Ellering :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:21 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:56 am

Wow, it was something how The Hart Foundation was heels back then and gosh, talk about getting away with language there :o

Here's this one of King Kong Bundy & Stan Hansen talking about The Road Warriors :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:44 pm

It's a shame WWF didn't do more with Bundy besides making him the monster of the week to feed Hogan.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:55 am

I know, same thing when he return in 94 to Bret hart but more on that later. Wow, first Survivor Series talk :batsmile: I liked the Young Stallions, Powers & Roma should have gone further than what they did, at least Roma a was a Horsemen for a while.

No promo from Me today because another great wrestler died :(

Mantaur RIP 3.jpg

Mantaur RIP 1.jpg

Mantaur RIP 2.jpg

I was sad here. I ahve been waching year by year of old WWF & WCW wrestling on Peaccok which now I'm on 1995 and just saw Mantaur a lot and he fought Bam Bam Bigelow which they both look a like. Mantaur died of diabetes. He died of the same thing that My great could Mike "Uncle buck" died from however Mantaur was lucky because he still had his limbs aka arms & legs...ever see Kamala 'The Ugandan Giant" in his last days in the wheel chair with his legs gone? Well My My cousin Mike was worse than than that and I was only about 9 years old when I had to learned that stuff :(

So here's this about Mantaur :roll:

OK, so now here's a little funner stuff :)

You know Vinnie Mac is obsessed with roman & Greek Mythology right :?: Titan Sports, Tuesday Night Titans, Wrestling at the Coliseum, Coliseum Video, Roman Reigns etc. Get the picture :?: Well the Minotaur was part of it too so here is Mantaur's debut :!:

He was a great addition to Jim Cornette's camp and notice the Bull costume is gone and he has face paint now!

Mantaur's Theme & Titan Tron :)

I couldn't find any promos but I thought that this was just as good ;)

Mantaur on Vinnie Mac, The Ultimate Warrior & Goldust...listen WHAT HE SAYS :!:

Mantaur on Scott Hall. Now I knew some of this before because it was TV/tape. Scott Hall was really terrible, there are many moments in his WCW/nWo days when he just couldn't hide it anymore :roll:

Mantaur on his Tank gimmick of The Truth Commission in the WWF & USWA...I loved that short lived stable!

So he also was in ECW and was USWA Champ... may he rest in peace :(
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:13 am

RIP. I always thought of the gimmick as a joke but it sounds like he got undercut by the Kliq.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:06 am

Yeah he wasn't the only one about The Kliq, I'll get to that later. That one of Bob Roop & The Long Riders was good. Since he mentioned Ox Baker, here is the man that literately killed people in the ring and kept up this gimmick till his very last breath :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:09 am

That was good.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:16 am

Yes it was. Oh man, "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert and The Blade Runners, that was fantastic to see that. It was amazing how The Warrior changed soon after but Sting didn't till about decade or so later :shock:

Here's Jos Leduc during his time in USWA, I'll do JJ Jeff Jarrett soon enough ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc