Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:53 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:10 am

Cool, the women of AEW :batsmile: Rosa is a great wrestler but Britt is My fave of the 2. I hate when women are hurt much less bloody but its wrestling, Britt actually makes being bloody look sexy, she can do it all :o They both have really good themes. Ah the Stooges, I actually forgot they had that gig acting like Hogan and all of that, that was so funny :lol:

Funny I was just looking for Hogan when I saw that, here we go again :?

Here is a tron of Hulk Hogan when he went to the "Darkside" in 1995 :shock: This was My fave time of his in WCW. You can see Macho Man did the same thing but he didn't have the same impact however. It was all to counteract The Dungeon of Doom. Many people won't talk about it but this was actually the pre-Hollywood Hogan. His character looks very similar in ways but the nature of it was far from it. He has NO MUSTACHE here because Kevin Sullivan shaved it off during an ambush, it was hilarious :lol: He wouldn't grow it back for a while. This would last from around October for Halloween Havoc 95 to World War 3 in November of 95. During this time he also fought the blonde Sting for the first time ever, it was major babyface vs. major babyface for the first time ever in a huge dream match :o This IMO is still when wrestling was really fun :)

And here is Ric Fair's WWF theme, this was always My fave version of his :!:

That's all for today, until next time :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:17 am

Hogan always looked weird without the stache. Just got so used to it after so long. The Stooges always made me laugh. They were so good in that role. I don't know if people like them or Mae Young and Moolah get enough credit for their work during the Attitude Era. Mae Young went through a table (and birthed a hand)! Good times.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:17 am

Indeed he did PB :? I know, the old timers did good there, look at Terry Funk too, he was in both WWF & WCW during that time :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:10 am

Happy birthday to the Undertaker!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:31 am

Good ones ones PB :) Interesting, I'll take part here, happy B-Day undertaker :)

These were My fave times of his, 94 - 95!

I loved it when he had the mask in 95. That happen due to a legit botch by King Mable.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:55 am

WWF prime Time Wrestling, the days before Monday Night Raw!

Here is the theme from 1990 were it was recaps and special matches!

and here is the theme from 1991 when it was live in studio with guests and with the same type of matches.

Until next time :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:35 pm

It's so 80s, and not exactly the best lyrics for a wrestling theme, but I always dug Saturday Night's Main Event. This is actually the whole song Obsession, but I liked all the clips included.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:43 am

Gosh, I posted the Buster Douglas game while I was watching him on SNME a few days ago and you do this PB...what are the odds :lol:

That was a great theme, clips and time. Its like are we even in the same reality anymore because this seems so far away from today :roll: Those were the times PB, wrestling was so great them :)

Since I didn't enter them here and I did their in special sections, let's do it now. What do you think about their themes :?:

All WCW for today :)

Ice Train - I thought it was really cool.

Seven - Like I said before, IMO its one of the best ever :!:

and a bonus

"Ravishing" Rick Rude - A great song, it has a tremendous tune :!: His time in WCW was really good too :)

That's all for today PB, until later :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:56 am

Only 1 for today :)

Harlem Heat - They were such a great team. This was way, way before the Booker T you know today, IMO they are still a very underrated team and yes, he & Stevie Ray are real life brothers. I thought they were awesome the first time I saw them in WCW in 93 an dI thought it was really cool that Sherri Martel managed them for a while, she was just great :) I have always loved their theme. It's truly the ultra urban/hood music to hear, so classic :batsmile:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc