Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Fantasy Warfare Returns: Spooky Edition!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Wrestling Fantasy Warfare Returns: Spooky Edition!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:07 am

So like My return of Yo, Do you Remember topic in the WWF/WWE section, I thought of bringing this back as it was one of My favorite parts of the WWF/RAW Magazines in the 90s. It was called Fantasy Warfare. It dealt with a wrestler from the past and current times and usually they would pick the current superstar. So lately I have been thinkin' of dream matches and weird ones as well.

Pics are from various sources but edited by Me.

So this here is not limited to WWF/WWE, it can consisted from all eras from all feds of living & deceased competitors male & female and even fictional ones in all kinds of matches.

Here is this one , I have been thinkin' of this one for a long time. "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith vs. "The Machine" Brian Cage

You determine the winner! So if you like this type of topic there is tons of fantasy match ups I could put together & post :)
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Wrestling Fantasy Warfare Returns!

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:04 pm

If anyone is going to jump from AEW to WWE I bet it'll be Cage. I don't know. He's big and freakishly athletic but I just don't care for him in the ring. They should've kept him heel and flipped Starks, but that's not what this is about.

This is a Vince dream of two big men slapping bodies. Cage sets up the Bulldog for the Drillclaw but the Bulldog gets his leg in to stop it, reverses it into a hanging vertical suplex, gets Cage up for a Running Power Slam. Goodnight Irene, says Gorilla Monsoon. 1...2....3.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:46 pm

OK, great, you see, it and participated. I'm glad you got it :) Great little match result ;) I got plenty more coming your way :D
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:07 am

For a long time, been thinkin' about this.

WCW's Ice Train vs. AEW's Powerhouse Hobbs!

Ice Train is the bigger man of the two, could Hobbs overpower him and be the victor :?: You decide :!:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:10 am

How about this one, "The Immortal Hulk Hogan vs. The Giant Gonzalez :o When El Gigante left WCW for WWF it was something else, he confronted the The Undertaker at the 93 Royal Rumble! Then Hogan came back and for months I was hoping he would fight the giant but it never happen :roll: Sure, they encountered each other in Thunder in Paradise but I don't count that as a match, I wanted a full blown feud! It may have happen in WCW when Gonzalez was supposed to be the Yeti but he got sick unfortunately & Ron Reis had to play the character instead.

Here is a pic of them 2 that I made + a pic I found long ago that was a custom by an unknown creator and I have always loved it! OK, you be judge what happens in their match!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:50 am

I never thought much of the Giant Gonzalez because of how ridiculous his costume looked, so I imagine this one starts out with the GG winning a test of strength, Hogan breaks free, tries a few punches that have no effect so Hogan tries an Irish Whip but the Giant won't move, and pulls the Hulkster in for a short arm clothesline. GG slowly pulls Hogan up and gives him an overhead chop sending the Hulkster back to ground. Slow moving match with Hogan selling a lot on the ground and the Giant just towrring over him menacingly. Maybe a fw kicks by GG to the grounded Hogan. At this point GG finally goes down for the Giant Claw and Hogan sells it for two arm drops until the third try stops just before hitting the matt. Hogan's fist shakes as he slowly fights to his feet. Stunned, the Giant tries a punch that has no effect. A second punch sends Hogan into a fit. A third punch gets the gets the finger point of doom. You! A fourth punch is blocked, and Hogan fires off a few punches himself staggering the Giant backwards. This time Hogan grabs the big man and successfully sends him into the ropes for a Big Boot followed by a Leg drop and a 1...2...3...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:10 pm

Nice match, pb. I love the flow of it although knowing the WWF, the match would probably end with a DQ with another one of Whippleman's goons (maybe Kim Chee) doing a run-in in order to keep Gonzo's monster rampage rep intact. :smlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:26 am

Great PB & Acid, clever :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:33 am

I'd like keep this one GOUNG but FIRST...

BrandonDaCollector wrote:For a long time, been thinkin' about this.

WCW's Ice Train vs. AEW's Powerhouse Hobbs!

Ice Train is the bigger man of the two, could Hobbs overpower him and be the victor :?: You decide :!:

Now, if you guys didn't know who Ice Train was here is his theme & tron. This should say a lot about him. He never got his proper time in WCW. Now ever since I first saw Powerhouse Will Hobbs in AEW, I thought he was like Ice Train, not like Butch Reed like they imply off and on. They say how big he is and all that while Ice Train was way bigger :o

Now, please, WHO WINS :? :?: :batconfused: :smhuh: :wwhuh:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:21 am

I don't really know much about Ice Train, but here goes...

The two men stand opposite of each other and take turns making their pecs dance before Hobbs gives that sideways snarl of his. Train then tries going off the ropes and clotheslining Hobbs but fails to barely move the man. Likewise Hobbs comes off the ropes with little effect to Ice Train. Ice Train sort of cracks his neck and smiles, looks around at the crowd, then steps backwards to come off the ropes again for another clothesline. Only this time Ricky Starks jumps up from outside the ring and hits the big man in the back with the FTW belt causing the big man to turn around and glare at him. Hobbs takes this moment to deliver a stiff clothesline to the back of Train's head finally knocking the big man down.

"Ricky Starks is a real team player," Taz says from the announcer's table.
"I guess there's no 'DQ' in "TEAM''," JR says

With the advantage, Hobbs lands some kicks and punches to Ice Train before bringing him up and whipping him into a corner following him up with a running splash but Ice Train bounces out of the corner and this time takes Hobbs down with a heavy clothesline. Ice Train is firing up, hits some stomps himself even landing a seated senton on the felled Hobbs. Hearing the crowd, Ice Train goes for the Train Wreck but Ricky Starks jumps up onto to the apron trying to hit Ice Train with the FTW belt once more as the big man approaches. Only this time, the big man sees Starks and stops, grabs Starks by the collar of his shirt, and shakes his head at Starks who now looks terrified.

"Uh oh," Tony Schiavone says.
"Get outta there, Ricky!" Taz yells.
"Give 'em the heater, Ricky," JR mockingly says.

Finally having had enough. Ice Train winds up and lands a punch that sends Starks crashing to the apron before falling to the floor. However this delay has given Hobbs enough time to get back to his feet and Ice Train turns around right into a massive spinebuster by Hobbs.

With the upperhand now, Hobbs snarls at the crowd, then pulls the stunned Train to his feet to deliver Town Bidness and the 1, 2, 3...

"Sumbitch," JR says.

Taz tries to sing along to Hobbs' theme.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc