Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:06 am

Cool.

I'm still behind on this week's wrestling, gotta find a good copy of FG on YT soon!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:12 am

It was a really solid show. I'm not sure if anything blew me away and I don't know if it was the crowd or the fact that some of the matches didn't feel exciting to me, but the matches you would expect to be amazing were. There wasn't any bad matches, there were just a few that I never felt there was a doubt in who would win, so they didn't quite stir the emotions like past PPVs.

Highlight of the night for me...

Spoiler:
Hearing Jay Lethal say "Schiavone" in his Ric Flair voice. I'll never get tired of that.

Also, the Baron slapping the Iron Claw on Ethan Page...
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:10 am

OK, finally finished watching it. Yeah, it was a solid PPV and great competitive matches but AEW is kinda losing their predicatively as to who will win now IMO, I mean before with them a while back there were surprising wins & loses but now I don't know, its just as predictive on the big shows as it is on the dark shows for Me.

Heck, we were just talking about JL, now his first match is gonna be again SG, I mean why? What happen to the "true" ranking up of going against enhancement talents, then lower card wrestlers and so on, I'm just not a fan of that at all. I mean IMO this is just as bad as to what WWE is doing.

I did love seeing Baron, gosh he still looks good and can still do teh claw well ans he is still got that shaped head lol. He was actually a surprise for Me in the PPV.

Oh and seeing Luchasaurus jump from the ramp was awesome!

It was a good PPV and quite exciting none the less.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:20 pm

Really looking forward to seeing Jay Lethal tonight. It's almost criminal he was never Impact Champ but they were too busy with the Nashs and Hardys of the world to try and build a bunch of new stars.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:38 pm

It should be good. Yeah, I know what you mean, sometimes I think it just wastes time & talent when they focus on these top names no matter how good they are or how much you like them, really they shouldn't be in the spotlight all the time as it holds such other good talent back, Good examples of this is Hogan, Nash, Cena, Lesnar among others :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:45 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:18 pm

Yeah, that was some moment. Amazing how all of the WWE talk on the mics over the last several shows off and on. Gosh, I knew it was long but didn't realize it was over 18 mins :o It was very entraining and both 2 of the best ever on the mic. AEW is getting as bad as WWE with these long talks & promos IMO when there could of been a match for an comer or 2 really short squashes but oh well :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:28 pm

Watching it over again I was surprised at just how much MJF talked, especially at the beginning. It was very impressive. Both guys did a good job and some of the WWE jabs really got "oh damn" reaction from me. My problem with the promo wasn't the length, hell, I'd watch an hour of that, and I know part of MJF's point was Punk is having trouble with lesser talents, but I thought the match with QT Marshall was way too long. I'd been happy if Punk just threw a couple knees and did a GTS while Miz, er, MJF was watching, but even if they didn't want to go that route, that match was too long.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:41 pm

I see and to be honest, the first time I saw MJF and when he first spoke on the mic a long while back, I thought gosh, this guy is like the Miz, something Punk called him that :lol:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:29 pm

Oh man, I saw Dynamite this morning and saw Arn Anderson had a scary fall :o Jose was going to attack him but in the distance on TNT you could tell he broke character to help him. That was a bad one :roll:

Here is fan footage of the incident :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to AEW