Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:15 pm

I get it with Punk, you want his first match back to be a money making PPV event. Danielson vs Suzuki was just fun, just too vets slapping and stretching the hell out of each other. Top notch. I realized something watching Dynamite last night. The WWE got what they wanted. People don't go to Raw or Smackdown really to see specific wrestlers, they go to see the WWE. It's why a lot of the time the crowd feels tepid. They're not there for THE Rock of for SCSA. Whereas in AEW, the crowd is there to see certain wrestlers, so when a Punk, Page, Cole, Danielson, Orange Cassidy, Jericho, Jungle Boy, etc. comes out there's a pop from the crowd and a rush of energy. Entrances are sing along events and everyone looks like they're just having the time of their lives. It's great to watch.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:47 am

Yep, this sounds very familiar. It's like history repeating itself again when WCW had so much of the WWF's talent 25 years in 96 when WWF was really in trouble...I find that so amazing :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:19 pm

Tony Nese is AEW, how about that :o I hope he becomes a top guy this time :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:10 am

AEW has been pretty good lately. Some really great matches. The tournaments have been interesting as well.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:42 am

How about that main event with the Elitebusters! Man, Britt Baker has really been lookin' hot the last couple weeks and I thought Rebel was a great Zombie but shame Abadon didn't win. I do like how Bobbie Fish is being spotlighted, shame he loses the big ones though, still kinda predictive with the winners, shame we don't have big upsets to it more interesting :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:32 am

Rampage is in My home town tonite, I hope its a memorable show. St. Louis has such a rich history of wrestling over the decades and generations.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:58 am

That Rampage was OK, I had seen better shows from the past in St. Louie. Saint Louis is one of the most important towns in wrestling history. IMO they should have booked Omega to wrestle, what a missed opportunity that was :roll: I was glad CM Punk acknowledge the city, he knows how it is.

Recently after the big WWE releases, FTR was on social media and they said they wish WCW had won...gosh how it was 20 years go :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:46 pm

Oh by the way, I loved it that Max said about Brian's dad, that was really clever :lol:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:22 pm

Are you excited for Full Gear :?: It's tonite ya know ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:04 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to AEW