Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:36 pm

Indeed. Great gifs PB ;)

Yesterday I said about Punk's shirt. I was really surprised about it. It has to do with the infamous Montreal screwjob, oh man I remember it like it was yesterday. Bret was out and on his way to WCW after that. take a gander at CM Punk's shirt he had on Saturday's special Dark!

Oh, Check out My new AEW Topic, I made a special All Out visual results, I hope you like it Packer :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:54 pm

Interesting.

Also interesting....
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/ ... -expiring/

FightSteenFight
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:20 am

Indeed, I would love to see him in AEW, I think it's right up his alley, that would be awesome if he would be there!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:00 am

It'd be nice to get the nasty SOB version of Kevin Steen again. I worry a bit that at some point the AEW roster is going to get too big but at the same time I love that you don't see the same wrestlers every single week so it feels more special when you do. If I have to watch Sheamus wrestler Drew for four weeks then who cares about their PPV match on the 5th week? It's the one thing WWE really struggles with, it's why the whole "championship contender's" matches are so dumb. Just call them non-title matches, but why even have them? Why should a challenger wrestler the champ before a PPV? They're so tired and cliche.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:30 pm

Yeah, all of what you said PB I agree with :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:18 pm

Tonight's episode was pretty good. Wish the main event had more time, I wonder if Punk went over on his time, he sort of took his time getting to the ring and starting his promo. Of course, they could've shortened Mox's entrance or his walk around after the match. It just seemed too short.

That MJF promo though...yowzer. That's how you get your heat back after a loss.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:52 am

Haven't watched it yet, getting caught up soon.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:36 am

Yeah, that was a good show. MJF can really be vulgar, I want the Attitude era back but darn, that was really tasteless then again, like you said he got his heat back. I must admit it, I like it when he is like this, it makes the show even more exciting but can be cridge-worthy as well IMO. I thought the Punk angle with Team Taz was good and timed right. All of that jungle talk, what a missed opportunity to have the "welcome to the jungle" song by G&R. I thought that match with Mox was ok and long enough but ended a way I didn't think it would have. I did however get tired of him going into the crowd and not acknowledging his fans. Allof those people that wnted to tag him and even little kids. I was like, darn it Mox, must you stay in character this damn long? Finally he literally took 2 seconds to take that little girl's sign :roll:

Haven't watched Rampage yet, going to in a few minutes.

NOTE: A few Darks ago, I was kinda proud of PAC, he was in major tweener character and was intimidating a little girl in a stare down. After several seconds he took the time and smiled at her and rubbed her head. I was like, that was good of you to do that to her PAC and that you didn't just walk away from her because if he had I feel that that the girl may have been scared of him or even wrestling in general, he made her day and something I'm sure she'll never, ever forget and because of that, you never know, she might love wrestling and become a major fan or even want to become a wrestler herself. Anyway, talking about Mox reminded Me of that scene.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:29 am

OK, Rampage was alright. I felt that having no intros for the PAC & Andrade match was a poor choice, I mean they did that because of good ole' time restraints but I have always felt that wrestlers entrances are crucial especially for noobs that are just tuning in for the first time. Has Rampage been taped? Seems like it as it doesn't say live anywhere on the screen, it's been like that ever since Punk debuted. I said it before but is a hour too short? I mean I watch it and while it seems better that it's shorter for time but then I'm not sure. They never acknowledged Daffney's passing on TV. I saw the same person with the sign of her in the crowd at Dynamite also and not once did they show a close of it :( I thought the women's match was really good. I thought the Caster & Pillman match & build up was good. But damn, I thought Mox coming out to rescue Pillman kinda stole his thunder, shame it didn't end with just Pillman, I think it could have set him up to be a big star and out of this slump he's been in :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:10 am

Some Rampages are live, some are taped after Dynamite. So if you don't see "live" it isn't. The show right before All Out was live, I believe, but a few others aren't. I wish they'd all be live because wrestling loses some of that magic when you know it isn't live, that mistakes can and are edited out, and any real surprises would've probably leaked already. I don't know why they can't tape Elevation or Dark on Fridays and have Rampage live, it loses something like Impact when you know it's taped. Same with the new NXT model being taped in advance. Meh.

Is it live or is it Memorex? Memorex isn't as good.

I think last Friday they tried to jam way too much in. Three matches are fine, but then they advertised by BD and Cole speaking to probably get more eyes on the show, but since neither was "live" per se and just video packages it felt a little dishonest and probably should've been saved for Dynamite because it did make everything else feel rushed. I have no problem with starting wrestlers in the ring right as the show starts, but that was an advertised PPV level match, so I think it deserved more. But I wonder whooooooooooo might help Andrade now that Chavo is out? Whoooooooooooooooooooo!
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to AEW