Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:50 am

We're going to need a Christian Cage Appreciation page at this point.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:57 am

Finally, somebody has something good to say about Tony Schiavone, I give Adam kudos there. Can you believe this is happening :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:23 pm

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:55 am

That was some surprise there for Sting. There is so much history there. The Sting & Flair connection is arguably the greatest in wresting, even more so than Hogan & Macho Man. At least there was a little thing about Tony Schiavone cause I'm always like what the heck does it take for people to acknowledge him :roll: I knew Christian was going to come out and that was harsh on Flair. Even though this was bittersweet, it's still great to see Flair & Sting one more time together after all the years seeing them together :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:27 pm

Forgot to mention last week they announced this for tonight's show.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:05 am

That looks great. I know Kevin a lot but I'm not that very familiar with younger generation of the family :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:19 am

Ugh, yeah, it was a total letdown. They only appeared in a backstage segment and they're going to team with Orange Cassidy in a match on Rampage. Like, really? You have the Von Erichs in Dallas, and you don't put them in front of a live audience on your flagship show? I don't understand half the stuff they're doing in AEW lately, but advertising the Von Erichs for Dynamite and then bumping their match to your Sunday Night Heat program just seems like a missed opportunity. Not to mention pairing them with OC. Why? You have Ric Flair hanging around, and a bunch of great tag teams and that's what you decide to do? SMH. What a waste.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:37 am

Gosh, I'll say it's a letdown and as you said what a waste...there's so much more that they could have done there :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:59 am

I haven't posted here in a while and I'm like there's plenty to talk about in AEW. Like this...Sting & Darby Allin just won the AEW Tag Team Gold :o Sting's sons are bigger than he is :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:05 am

Yeah, I was going to post video on Thursday but there wasn't anything besides a 12 minute clip. It was a cool moment even if showing his son's before the match made it an even more of a foregone conclusion than it was before. Still, he does some crazy things at his age and deserves it. Any company should love to have Sting as a titleholder in their history. When I couldn't find any good videos, that's when/why I put the Sting-Flair promo in the promo thread, lol.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to AEW