Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:52 am

Well it looks like you'll get what you want about Punk when you go to the matches. I hope he wins the belt back. Thanks for showing the vid, I just haven't had it with AEW, maybe soon.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:46 am

AEW has been pretty good, but it's suffered not having Punk, Danielson, Cole, and MJF in recent months. Moxley has been cutting money promos for weeks now, so the build to the match with Punk should be very good. Danielson is giving Buffalo's own Daniel Garcia a monster rub. The women's division has gotten better in numbers, and I love Thunder Rosa, but her title run so far has been kind of meh. They've kept Britt Baker way out of the title picture for months, and no one else really has seemed like a true threat to her. The same with Jade Cargill. Kris Statlander just tore her knee up again so she'll be out probably until next year. It's unfortunate this is the second time in a year for her. I think she has a great look and more power-based move set than most of the other women on the roster. But she can't seem to stay healthy. They still have a problem of too many people and not enough TV time. Not sure what the answer is there.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:51 am

Good stuff here....

And later...

Curious they moved the match up to Wednesday. I'm assuming shenanigans ensue, but we'll see.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:13 am

Yeah, looks good. Shame guys like Nese still stuck in the middle or lower :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:38 am

Well then....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:07 am

Ah what a squash match :roll: I just haven't been into Mox but if he's the real deal I'd like for him to be a real champ and fight everybody all the time, something Lesnar should have done since his return in the early 2010s. I never thought he was the best cause he didn't fight everybody and eliminate them all, that's what Mox has to do for Me. With that being said this weekend in All-Out, I'm trying to get back into AEW this week and catch up as much as I can. I just haven't been into AEW for reasons but maybe now :) I'm gonna reply to your Ric Flair topic, it was the same deal. Darn, WWE Clash at the Castle is Saturday with AEW All-Out Sunday, gonna be a big big weekend for wrestling indeed but gotta see if I can find a good copy of the PPV on YT if I'm gonna see the whole thing from beginning to end :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:50 am

I like Mox. I wouldn't rank him in my top 10 or anything, but I like his style and he has a lot of unique mannerisms that make him stand out. And he's really convincing on the mic. I didn't like him as much as Dean Ambrose, but that was probably more WWE making him be too cartoony than his actual personality.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:47 am

Actually Roman is doing what Lesnar should have done so as I said earler he has been way more satisfying when it comes to beating everybody. Mox reminds Me of Roddy Piper in a way minus the considerate personality.

OK, I'm catching up with AEW but still got a bit to go on their YT. I was spoiled a tiny bit about All Out tonite but that's ok. I got a good copy of the event so it looks good and I will catch up in time. You can talk all you want PB about it amnd all things AEW, I'm not gonna spectate or ignore this topic, I just can't properly post here till I'm caught up. Later :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:40 pm

Haven't had a chance to reply but I thought the PPV was really good. Especially the main event and the men's tag titles. The stuff with Punk after the show was unfortunate and strange. I hope it doesn't ruin the future. I'd post the Punk video but there's probably too many f-bombs to share.

One thing that really struck me. I've been a huge fan of the Acclaimed for a few years now. I think Max's raps are great, Bowens amuses me, and the scissor me gimmick is fun. Haven't always been impressed with their ring work but that might in part be affected by Bowens injuries the last few years affecting their time together. I would've been cool if they won the belts, but in honestly they probably aren't ready and Swerve/Lee probably need a longer run. But I was struck by the two teams and it made me think of WMII and the Hart Foundation vs the Bulldogs. It's not a perfect comparison, but if you think of Swerve as Bret, Lee as Neidhart, Caster as Dynamite, and Bowens as Davey Boy, build-wise and style wise, they're comparable. Anyway, that match made me think of that WM match a little.

I will be at Dynamite tomorrow, so hopefully will have some cool pics and stories to share. Hopefully Punk is still employed.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:46 am

OK. Oh I love the Accalimed's rap too. Huh, when I get to watchin' the PPV I'll have to see what your talking about cause I know all about the Hart Foundation & Bulldogs very well.

OK, well have fun, becarful with all these nutz out there. Take a lot of pics, get some merch if possible. I know your gonna be out all night but pay attention to it all as much as you can from beginning to end cause you never know. Have fun PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to AEW