Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:24 am

Forbidden Door was really good. Not a bad match on the show. FTR was super over and told a cool old school story in their match. For years I heard how good Will Ospreay was, and he's always been athletic. But in the past I though his matches looked a little too choreographed that it takes you out of the fight a bit. But yesterday he and Orange Cassidy stole the show. Probably the best match of the night.

And though it was expected, after criminally being underused in the WWE, this was an amazing moment last night...

And by the way Sting is 63 and this is crazy. Darby came out first. Then Sting's music hit but he never came out so I'mthinking the Bucks jumped him backstage or something. Then the Bucks and Phantasmo came out and did their stuff on the stage. Suddenly, Sting's music hit again and the camera went up to a spotlight in the rafters. But still no Sting. They showed the Bullet Club looking around confused, and then like the Bat signal, you could see a shadow on the wall behind them. And this happened...

63!

I gotta say, when a show is in front of a hot crowd like Chicago last night it makes everything seem so much better.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:54 pm

I actually ended up catching this one. It was pretty good. I enjoyed the vast majority of the matches. I didn't really pop for Cesaro's debut but his match was very solid. I some of the commentary references to the Japanese wrestling heritage and influence on not only the Japanese wrestlers on the card but the Western ones, too.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:18 am

That's something Acid. I didn't think you watched modern wrestling nor knew who most of the guys of today are :?: That's good ;)

That's awesome Sting is doing this at his age. Like I said before PB, you say about you being old, well before you do again now think of STING! He's actually doing more high flying stuff now then he did when he was Surfer Sting i the 80s & early 90s...what is going on here :?

Shame Storm didn't win the title :roll:

Of course Sabre had to to get out that after that great Claudio entrance & Euro-uppercut :roll:

Of course it's Mox, can't it be somebody different :roll:

Amazing stuff there PB, looked to be a solid event :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:57 pm

Well, Wardlow is the new TNT Champ nut the biggest news tonight is AEW is coming to Buffalo on 9/7 so I may have a new wrestling experience to share soon!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:49 am

Hah about that for Wardlow :!: If you do PB, try to do and get as much as you can :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:27 am

Who got AEW tickets for September 7th?

Pretty excited. We are 9 rows from the ring, 3 rows up into the 100s section. I'm pretty sure CM Punk will be back by then so really hoping he'll be there.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:48 am

WOW, congrats PB. Your Wife & kids going too :?: Is that a Dynamite or Rampage...possibly a Dark YT Show or is it a regular house show? Any news of the card yet :?: Since your kinda close you might be on TV...keep a look out :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:26 pm

Just me and my two boys are going, and a couple friends. I was actually excited when they said they were coming, then they said the date, which is my wife's birthday. Fortunately, she works that night, so we were in the clear to go. I believe they tape Dark, then Dynamite, and then Rampage all in one night. So it's going to be a long time, but it'll give us the chance to see a wide variety of talent. Hoping Sting is there. I've never seen the Stinger live as he didn't do house shows for Impact. Think I'm most excited to see Sting and Darby, Punk, Adam Cole, The Acclaimed, The House of Black, Danhausen and Hook, and Britt. Hopefully, the majority of them will be there since it's the first show after All Out.

And Mercedes Varnado, lol. Hey, All Out always has a surprise in the battle royal, I figure it could happen. Or Paige. I was actually a big Paige fan so I'm really hoping she shows up in AEW.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:05 am

Gosh, on your wife's B-Day :? Since she works and your gonna be out all night, you'll probably celebrate it the next day :?:

Wow, your gonna see all three shows...that's gonna be one heck of a wrestling night for you. I hope you do see Sting & Punk & Britt. She'd be hot to see in person I'm sure ;) Hearing Punk's song in person would be awesome but man, it would be a total treat to hear Sting's theme as well. You get snowed on too, how cool it that ;) It might make you a little scared and happy at the same time too :)

Oh yes, Mercedes Varnado...Sasha Banks is a good name but her natural name sounds better IMO. I hope she does appear in AEW. I want her by her real name and as much as I love the blue hair, I want her with her natural black hair. I hope she does appear there at All-Out :batsmile: It would be cool if it's Paige, I love her new look and everything now but I get scared for her, after Mercedes or Sasha accidentally paralyzed her for that moment I really don't want her to wrestle again, we don't need another Droz :roll: Man, coincidentally, Paige & Sasha...again...what are the odds :batconfused: :smsmh: :wwsmh:

So I hope your kids & friends are as excited as you are. Try to get a card program with all the matches down and all that stuff so you can share your history here on the board if ya can ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:53 pm

Phew. There were rumors in the last week that Punk wasn't fully healed and might be out past All Out, which had me worried he wouldn't be at the Buffalo show the following Wednesday on Sept 7th because I'd really love to hear Cult of Personality again in person. Looks like the odds just increased! If you like blood find a way to watch the opening Coffin Match between Darby and Brody King, and the main event of Mox vs Jericho. Both were terrific.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to AEW