Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 30, 2022 7:58 pm

Double or Nothing yesterday was pretty good if not a little long. The main event ended at about 12:30 AM EST, luckily it's a holiday weekend.

A couple unexpected debuts. I had to look up Stokely Hathaway because I had no idea who he was, but I guess he was Malcom Bivens in NXT. I know that name, though by the time he was on NXT I had mostly stopped watching it. Seeing Ember Moon show up was cool. She can really spice up the woman's division.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 30, 2022 10:31 pm

Gosh PB, I thought you were a big fan of Malcom Bivens but I guess I thought wrong :? Without hon NXT 2.0 it seems different. Yeah, Ember will be good I'm sure. I'm glad she's going back as her Athena persona, that's how I first knew her.

I was wondering when there'ed be more talk in this topic. There wasn't any activity here for a long time here :?:

I wasn't posting here in this topic because I had to cancel My DirectTV and I haven't really been keeping up with AEW for a long while. I know I gotta catch to them before it gets too much but I just haven't been into them lately with some of the angles and this and that. Big Show & Mark Henry seems so dimmed down on Dark, I think they was around Vinnie Mac too long :lol: So that's why. I just watch the clips on their YT. I do the same with WWE but thank goodness I can keep up with them because of Peacock with Raw Talk & Talking Smack and stuff.

Now see, I would have been glad to see a PPV that's long that I'm interested in. Since their still super expensive the longer the better I would think because you get your money's worth since their still not on a network or whatever.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 30, 2022 11:02 pm

Yeah, I don't mind a long show, but there were a few matches that probably didn't need to be on the card. The Darby vis Kyle O'Reilly match felt kind of thrown together last minute, and without really anything at stake, probably could've been on Dynamite or Rampage. Plus, Tony Khan had said prior to Sunday that the main event wouldn't go on while game 7 of the NBA Eastern Finals was still on, so it gelt like there was some filler in the last hour or so just to stretch things out.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 31, 2022 6:53 am

I see. I guess he felt confident of PPV buys vs. cable. They'll probably have a rematch or something on the main shows between them or have different matches all together since they already fought each other at DON.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:17 pm

CM Punk just announced on Rampage that he has to vacate the title due to injury. It's believed he may've hurt it diving into the crowd during his entrance Wednesday. Later in the match he messed up trying to jump over the ropes to enter the ring and it looks like that may've been due to the injury or where he actually got injured. Either way, they announced that Dynamite will start with a Battle Royal to determine who will wrestler the number one contender Jon Moxley at the end of the shower. It sounded like that winner of that match would wrestle at Forbidden Door for the title, presumably against Tanahashi who Punk was supposed to face. Sucks for Punk. Was looking forward to another Summer of Punk.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:15 am

What a shame. As you know I really haven't been keepin' up with AEW since I no longer have cable :roll: I just haven't been update to date with them on YT. Yeah, another Summer of Punk would have been cool. Maybe he'll get it back when he get's healed up :?: Thanks for letting Me know PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:53 pm

Sure thing. Now that I know, I'll try to keep you up to date a little more with AEW.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:31 am

Well thanks. I'll try keep up with them as much as I can, there's so much plus other stuff. Anything big and worthwhile just post it here :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:28 pm

Keeping you informed, Bryan Danielson announced on Dynamite that he wasn't cleared for the Forbidden Door PPV that's this coming weekend where he was going to face Zack Sabre Jr. in match that probably would've been a submission clininc. Hopefully that match still happens down the road because it's definitely a dream matchup. Because of that, and because he won't be in Blood and Guts II that was scheduled for next week's Dynamite, he has "handpicked" a technician to take his place, but the person won't be revealed until Sunday. My initial thought was Johnny Gargano, but he doesn't really make as much sense for the Blackpool Combat Club as much as another former WWE wrestler who I've read is close to both BD and Willaim Regal, so I'm think we may see the debut of the Swiss Superman at Forbidden Door, Claudio Castagnoli, better formerly known as Cesaro. And that would be a great addition. The rest of the card isn't bad but without Danielson and Punk, it's lost some of it's luster as those have been guys that for years people would say, could you imagine Punk vs _____ in NJPW, or Danielson vs ______, and now both are out with injuries.

Though Johnny Gargano is already scheduled to be an autograph session in Chicago this weekend, so let the rumors fly. It actually wouldn't surprise me if both show up at some point soon, I just think Cesaro better fits the BCC.

And there hasn't been a word said about MJF since that promo, so it's only a matter of time before he "invades" a show, maybe even the main event at Forbidden Door. Who knows.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:29 am

Well thanks PB, I appreciate that. No, I haven't kept up, just haven't :roll: Shame about Punk & DB. Sounds like it could have been great but if Gargano shows up I'm sure the crowd will give him a huge pop. Even if Castagnoli shows up it will be a huge pop for sure and yes I knew his name from ROH, I saw him very briefly there before his WWE days. The MJF situation is building, I hope it will be big. Thanks for keeping Me up to date, I appreciate that a lot PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to AEW