Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:31 pm

Yeah, maybe and I hope. Man, we haven't the women's TBS title tournament as all here. I loved that O'Riley is there now but gosh, he was just in NXT and lost to Von Wagner in the cage only a few weeks ago now, did he not have a 30 day no compete clause or not contract at all?

O ha and I'm really likin' Dan lambert, I thinks he's funny and a good heel and really but sadly I agree with a lot of stuff he says about this generation.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:40 pm

KORs contract expired so he had no noncompete. Same with Johnny Wrestling, he could show up anywhere at anytime.

Also, as of midnight I believe all ROH talents are free agents. Could be a wild few weeks.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:05 am

I see, thanks for the info. Could be, ya never know :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:30 pm

So Malakai Black is cryptically hinting at the House of Black stable on Instagram:

"December is for those who understand it’s teachings. Who is the first to stand in the House?"

"The Empress draws out the Fool." (image of Black spraying Julia Hart)

A dark secret
that I will reveal
cut our hands
and with blood
we made our deal

"There is two left for the third, which reveals the first."

"The color will reveal the hidden. Wednesday two with a third to come."

Spoiler:
Brody King signed with AEW a few weeks ago and is possible/probably ("the king will be cursed", others rumors are possibly Julia Hart(The Empress?) ala Alexa Bliss and maybe one or both of the Varsity Blondes. Maybe Mideon? (joking) Heck, maybe the "third" could be Bray down the road and the "first" could be Erik Redbeard or Adam Scherr though I'd hate to see something that too closely resembles the Wyatt Family or possessed Alexa. If Julia turns because of the mist could we see PAC? He used to be King Neville. My guess Brody King and Griff Garrison attack Pillman(the Fool?), and Julia Hart joins or vice versa--the third (Garrison) reveals the first (Hart).

Whoever, if anyone, these elude to, it's pretty fun. I wish they would've had some more of these cryptic messages on TV for a few more weeks. It makes me think of The Secret by Byron Preiss.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:36 am

OK, I got some ranting to do and don't wanna burst bubbles here but seems like it could be great but another stable? Really? Must there be another one I mean how many is in AEW already have already. Out of spooky stables in wrestling My two faves of all-time were The Dungeon of Doom and the Ministry of Darkness. IMO nothing has come as closed to those classic stables :!: I hope Wyatt doesn't join it, I want him as Windham...no darn gimmick, just himself and the nephew of Barry Windham whom is a true legend because since AEW tends to be like old-school NWA & WCW from the old days so IMO it makes much more sense for that happen!

Amazing how Black is continuing this religious stuff and Miro better watch out with his...I'm not a fan of that at all :batsmh: I guess with everything going on in the world they think gotta do it too :smummm:

I really, really hate it when wrestlers take away the mic from the interviewers. I mean both in WWE & AEW it happens. many does it and is basically bullies to the interviewers in WWE and I mean Lesnar is such a jerk doing that that to Kayla and now it seems like every other person is doing that in AEW and just recently Pillman just jerked that mic away from from Schiavone and I'm like why must they do that? Even a legend like him :wwsmh: I mean he's talking about they're going back on TBS and he first was there in 1985 (which I remember those great times) and its been so long since he was at the Super-station. They talk about JR, would they do that to him :batconfused: I mean Tony is only a several years younger than JR like he is this young guy :smsmh: Why even have a interviewer if these generation of athletes with the lack of respect and even if this is part of their gimmick/persona IMO it's gotta go if they keep on doing this :batsmh:

Another thing, WWE & AEW says about these guys how big this and that guy is. When Bronson Reed was in NXT they were saying about how huge he is and they're still doing that about Otis...did they forget about King Kong Bundy, The One Man Gang, the Natural Distasters and Andre the Giant & Yokozuna among others :batshock: I mean that's one of the reasons why this generation doesn't know the past like they should because they make it out like all this new stuff is better and bigger than the ones in the past which in fact it just isn't the case. For example, they make it such a big deal about Power-House Hobbs when I posted a fantasy warfare earlier on of Hobbs vs. Ice Train who was a similar wrestler in WCW from the 90s who was much larger and especially when they talk about Hangman Page how he can move and do that for his size when Barry Windham, another cowboy legend was taller and bigger and moved so good for his size just as good if not better than Page. One another thing is how them and this generation makes out It just pains Me how they make this stuff out like its so new when in fact it's not. Its just not in wrestling, its in newer movies among other newer stuff too :roll: I may talk about this more cause it's a thing that has been PO'd Me for a long time now :roll:

Punk must have rehearsed his own script cause he said the same thing a decade ago, that nobody can touched him :wwshock: Amazing I had just watched his pipe bomb on YT from 2011 just days prior to him saying the same thing on AEW last week :?

On a positive note I liked the women hardcore street fight :batsmile: Conti & Jay and Ford & Allie were wonderful in that match. It seemed like it was rushed as I hate this day and age's "can't wait to get to a commercial crap" or get to the next segment bull but they did a lot here with all of the blood & bumps. It was really good, I wanna see more of this :!:

My venting rant is over...for now.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:57 am

Well, AEW doesn't really have much history and WWE only wants you to remember history when they want you to, and most of the time they don't even want you to remember what happened two weeks ago let alone two decades ago, And if they make you think about things like the 80s or the Attitude Era you might start to compare the eras and find the current product lacking. Better to keep it locked away. I know people say a lot that WWE doesn't want anyone to get bigger than the WWE, so you'll never see a Rock or Cena or Austin who can leave and go to Hollywood, and because of that you've got Reigns and Lesnar and a bunch of interchangeable wrestlers just waiting until it's their turn for a few months until it's Reigns or Lesnar again, and that's why I can't bring myself to watch much anymore.

And yeah, AEW does have a lot of stables/factions, sometimes it's a bit too much. I think they'll eventually add a Trios belt but honestly hate trios matches. I don't know, mostly all these factions/stables don't bother me. Sometimes I roll my eyes when they add another group, but for the most part, places like WCW, old school WWE, etc. had quite a few factions as well, but you just didn't see the whole group together as often. Maybe there's just too many 3 on 3, 4 on4, 5 on 5, matches. I know the last few weeks of Dynamite I've kind of gotten sick of the 3 on 3 matches. As much as I love them, they have too many tag teams as well and you're probably going to see the Briscoes and eventually the Hardys added to that list.

I don't know what they're planning with Black, but from what I've read online, it's something he's wanted to do for years, so at least he's invested in the idea. And the riddles are fun, even if more of them should be TV and not Instagram, but maybe I'm just old fashioned that way.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:24 am

Yep, I know WWE what's the viewer to forget, it's been like that for a long time now :roll: Yeah, Omega said about trios belts about a year or so ago so I don't what is the delay. NWA & WCW had six man tag titles for a long while and it added more competors to get more championships but they dropped'em in the early 90a which was a shame. AEW also needs women's tag titles too IMO with all of these women's tag matches especially on the dark shows. Back to Black, I do hope it is good!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:50 am

I'd be stunned with all his creativity if Windham Rotunda came out as just himself. I'd fully expect a character of some sort, whether it's something familiar or completely unique, maybe he'll be the Windham Wallstreet lol.

Tony Kahn hinted at a "dream signing" today who will be appearing soon going so far as to say "they're in North America" which makes me think it's either
Spoiler:
Will O'Spreay but more than likely, Okada (hopefully they don't make him someone's sidekick, Dixie)

I'd like the idea of AEW women's tag titles, I just don't think they have the roster for it yet. A lot of their roster is still pretty inexperienced in the ring and there's a lot more to tag team wrestling than standing in the same corner. Most of the men's teams have been together for a longtime, and I'd hate to see a bunch of women just thrown together or something like Britt Baker and Thunder Rosa as champs while Michael Cole asks us every week if they can "co-exist".

I think the TBS title will help get the division ore TV time, which would be good. We don't get to see enough of Statlander or Deeb or Leyla Hirsch. Could you imagine if Hirsch joined Team Taz and just started coking everyone out like NXT Shayne Baszler? But for that you need more than one women's match per show and regular appearances.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:18 am

We'll see, I'm sure Windham. will be good. That maybe but if veterans like Santana and Mercedes can get out of enhancement talent phase like they've been in for so long that's a good one there. In fact there had been some good teams on the dark shows in recent weeks so I think that's a start. Yeah, shame most stables don't have women, the only one recently is NXT''s Diamond Mine is one of the only ones besides the Dark Order. Oh and Jake Atlas just signed too so how is he gonna be there and who could be next?
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:16 pm

Damn, Rey Fenix ouch.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to AEW